Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Amazon Toy Deals DISCUSSION Thread - No deal posting in here...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
821 replies to this topic

#781 bettyn100  OFFLINE  

bettyn100

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 2:29 pm

I just want to warn you that if you order anything frustration free packaging to check inside your box. Something told me to so this today to make sure it was all there and both my Mission Mars shuttle and Fisher price choo which they do not even have in stock anymore, were not complete! THe train is only an engine and one animal and the Mission mars shuttle was not even in there only the acessories. So I am out both items! I am so angry. I was leery about this kind of packaging as it would be easy to just repackage returns this way.
I called India and the guy took forever to explain this to and he just said sorry can't do anything as these items are not in stock but please take a $5 credit and buy another item on Amazon. Umm I need these items not anything else. Sorry just blowing off steam as I now have to see if any stores even have these things in stock now.
So just letting everyone know to check so you ds or dd is not dissappointed when they open there item and it is not even in there.

That's so not right. Amazon should have had you send the items back at their expense and credited your account. I would call back again and again until I got someone on the phone who fully understood the situation and was willing to do what is right.

If all else fails call your credit card or bank (whichever it may be) and dispute the charges and tell them the reason why.

#782 rebecca7675  OFFLINE  

rebecca7675

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 2:35 pm

That's so not right. Amazon should have had you send the items back at their expense and credited your account. I would call back again and again until I got someone on the phone who fully understood the situation and was willing to do what is right.

If all else fails call your credit card or bank (whichever it may be) and dispute the charges and tell them the reason why.

I did call back again just now as I was still pretty mad. And they will credit my items back to my account but not until they receive them back. Once again though the guy really did not understand I had to tell him what I wanted or I wanted a supervisor. So at least I get my money back but I am out the toys.

#783 tgalvan  OFFLINE  

tgalvan

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 8:48 pm

Just a beware for anyone that ordered one of the barbie mp3 players! I let my daughter open hers early today. We ordered the gold 1 GB version. When we opened it up, the cd was missing. Called amazon and they won't exchange because it is now being sold by a different seller (and the price has more than tripled). Offered me $4 off which is a joke since you can't use the player or barbieworld without the cd. I guess I'll be returning it. I ordered others for nieces. I'll be unwrapping and checking those tomorrow.

#784 MidwestMama  OFFLINE  

MidwestMama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 9:13 pm

Just a beware for anyone that ordered one of the barbie mp3 players!

I let my daughter open hers early today. We ordered the gold 1 GB version. When we opened it up, the cd was missing. Called amazon and they won't exchange because it is now being sold by a different seller (and the price has more than tripled). Offered me $4 off which is a joke since you can't use the player or barbieworld without the cd. I guess I'll be returning it.

I ordered others for nieces. I'll be unwrapping and checking those tomorrow.

You have got to be kidding?!? I just wrapped it up tonight for my niece. I am going to wait and she can open it. Then I'll deal with the fall out. I have nothing to do to replace it with either.

#785 arelf27  OFFLINE  

arelf27

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 10:55 pm

I just want to warn you that if you order anything frustration free packaging to check inside your box. Something told me to so this today to make sure it was all there and both my Mission Mars shuttle and Fisher price choo which they do not even have in stock anymore, were not complete! THe train is only an engine and one animal and the Mission mars shuttle was not even in there only the acessories. So I am out both items! I am so angry. I was leery about this kind of packaging as it would be easy to just repackage returns this way.
I called India and the guy took forever to explain this to and he just said sorry can't do anything as these items are not in stock but please take a $5 credit and buy another item on Amazon. Umm I need these items not anything else. Sorry just blowing off steam as I now have to see if any stores even have these things in stock now.
So just letting everyone know to check so you ds or dd is not dissappointed when they open there item and it is not even in there.

The whole thing with frustration free packaging doesn't seem right to me. There were a couple of good deals that I thought about getting but I really HATED that packaging. Now I'm glad I decided against it. I was thinking about that earlier today too. I mean it is ridiculous how toys are packaged in these types of boxes that are impossible to open but there is something def. wrong with these frustration free boxes that Amazon is selling. Frustration free box should still be a pretty box (so one is not ashamed to present it as a gift) and be fully sealed (so one knows there hasn't been any tampering with it) The other problem is you can never exchange this tipe of box (or return it for that matter) at any other store but to Amazon. I mean it seems like these toys were manufactured specifically for Amazon and then I personally decided I couldn't trust that they were of the same quality as the other ones that were being sold at other stores. I think Amazon was going for cost-cutting on this one and not the supposed benefit of frustration-free.

#786 debbieshops2003  OFFLINE  

debbieshops2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 11:03 pm

The whole thing with frustration free packaging doesn't seem right to me. There were a couple of good deals that I thought about getting but I really HATED that packaging. Now I'm glad I decided against it. I was thinking about that earlier today too. I mean it is ridiculous how toys are packaged in these types of boxes that are impossible to open but there is something def. wrong with these frustration free boxes that Amazon is selling. Frustration free box should still be a pretty box (so one is not ashamed to present it as a gift) and be fully sealed (so one knows there hasn't been any tampering with it) The other problem is you can never exchange this tipe of box (or return it for that matter) at any other store but to Amazon. I mean it seems like these toys were manufactured specifically for Amazon and then I personally decided I couldn't trust that they were of the same quality as the other ones that were being sold at other stores. I think Amazon was going for cost-cutting on this one and not the supposed benefit of frustration-free.

I thought it looked like open box returns so I was afraid to buy them for a gift. I might risk it if it was a good enough deal and it was something for me. But not for a gift. My sister bought the Gotta Go Doll because for $20.00 difference she felt it was worth it for "the box" that she was going to throw out anyways.

#787 Janet0117  OFFLINE  

Janet0117

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 12:58 am

Are you sure the CD is missing? It is located on the bottom of the box under the piece of cardboard. It is not inside the plastic cover.

#788 rebecca7675  OFFLINE  

rebecca7675

• 1,138 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 3:52 am

I thought it looked like open box returns so I was afraid to buy them for a gift. I might risk it if it was a good enough deal and it was something for me. But not for a gift. My sister bought the Gotta Go Doll because for $20.00 difference she felt it was worth it for "the box" that she was going to throw out anyways.

I thought the same thing but since the items were for my DS and my 1month old nephew I thought no big deal. I would never give this type of packaging to anyone else. But I agree with others it almost looks like this is the all returns they just re-pack.

#789 khuddle  OFFLINE  

khuddle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 5:15 am

Does anyone know if this is a good game.

Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party for the ds and a good price at 15.79?

We have it for the Wii and my boys love it!

How old is the child it is for?
It has a warped humor about it that ages 8 and up might like, but my 5 year old likes it as well.

#790 khuddle  OFFLINE  

khuddle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 5:18 am

I let my daughter open hers early today. We ordered the gold 1 GB version. When we opened it up, the cd was missing. Called amazon and they won't exchange because it is now being sold by a different seller (and the price has more than tripled). Offered me $4 off which is a joke since you can't use the player or barbieworld without the cd. I guess I'll be returning it.

My mom had the same thing happen. She called Mattel because I figured Amazon would not be able to help and they mailed her out the CD's on Saturday. We hope she gets them before tomorrow, but try that and at least you know you will be able to use it.

#791 racerfan  OFFLINE  

racerfan

• 3,968 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 5:21 am

I tried doing this but still cannot get into the Amazon toy page. As soon as it goes forward to the next page it says aborted.

To get to the Amazon toy page, go to the last page, it will come up with the error page, go to your search bar and just change the last two digits to one number less (right now its 29) then go to the bottom and click on the > arrow at the bottom to switch pages (don't click on the 30, for some reason that doesn't work) Hope they fix that soon though, its a pain.

#792 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 6:08 am

I also bought something with Frustration Free Packaging. I got the Polly Pocket Boat, for $7.99, was/am thrilled w/the price. But the thing that bugs me w/the packing is that the box says Amazon on it. So you really can't give that to a kiddo and say it's from Santa. :( So my dd is getting that one from Mom.

#793 maddux31  OFFLINE  

maddux31

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 6:45 am

I tried doing this but still cannot get into the Amazon toy page. As soon as it goes forward to the next page it says aborted.

Me too!

#794 ixrayu05  OFFLINE  

ixrayu05

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 7:06 am

Have any of you ever used the LeapFrog Leapster TV Learning System, it seems like a good price, but I have never heard of anyone that used this system. TIA
If it's on sale...I will buy it!:yup:

#795 cchance  OFFLINE  

cchance

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 80 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 7:16 am

uh oh... We have one under the tree as well.... I also ordered two more for birthday gifts next year. I really hope that everything is in the package.

#796 arelf27  OFFLINE  

arelf27

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 7:21 am

I also bought something with Frustration Free Packaging. I got the Polly Pocket Boat, for $7.99, was/am thrilled w/the price. But the thing that bugs me w/the packing is that the box says Amazon on it. So you really can't give that to a kiddo and say it's from Santa. :( So my dd is getting that one from Mom.

You can always take it out of the box, assemble and wrap it up that way. My kids are small so I'm thinking of pre-assembling most of their items in anyway because they get so impatient waiting for the boxes to be open..

#797 amyaj  OFFLINE  

amyaj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 7:26 am

Does anyone know if this is a good game.

Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party for the ds and a good price at 15.79?

My 6 year old has the game and likes it. It's really weird (to me) but he is always laughing when he's playing it. Some parts are hard for him but again, he's only 6 (but has been playing video games for over a year).

#798 mom2maddynsky27  OFFLINE  

mom2maddynsky27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 7:31 am

actually you can use the player without the cd. open up windows media player and sync the music straight from there. i do it that way all the time. i never use the cd.
you can't use barbie world without the cd though. sorry yours was not there.

#799 patandjenny  OFFLINE  

patandjenny

Go CUBS Go!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 9:08 am

Me too!

ditto

#800 andybrooke  OFFLINE  

andybrooke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 10:50 am

actually you can use the player without the cd. open up windows media player and sync the music straight from there. i do it that way all the time. i never use the cd.
you can't use barbie world without the cd though. sorry yours was not there.

I opened our barbie player right after i got it. I got the gold 1gb version. It did have the cd in it. You do only need the CD to get on the internet site. You can use the MP3 player without the cd. I wonder if you can share the cd's (use one of the others on your computer to get the software and then re-use the same cd on your nieces computer)

#801 tgalvan  OFFLINE  

tgalvan

• PipPipPip
  • 3 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 4:18 pm

I opened our barbie player right after i got it. I got the gold 1gb version. It did have the cd in it. You do only need the CD to get on the internet site. You can use the MP3 player without the cd. I wonder if you can share the cd's (use one of the others on your computer to get the software and then re-use the same cd on your nieces computer)

I did check under the cardboard, and no cd anywhere. i'm thinking i could probably share the cd to get the mp3 player software, but the subscription to barbieworld would only activate once. I'm been in touch with the original seller and may end up getting an exchange. I was just so frustrated last night because my daughter was so excited about it, and ended up crying.

#802 khuddle  OFFLINE  

khuddle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 214 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 5:15 pm

I did check under the cardboard, and no cd anywhere. i'm thinking i could probably share the cd to get the mp3 player software, but the subscription to barbieworld would only activate once. I'm been in touch with the original seller and may end up getting an exchange. I was just so frustrated last night because my daughter was so excited about it, and ended up crying.

awe that just stinks. Try Mattel.. they were great about sending one straight out. Actually my mom got it today. It only took two days.

#803 jazzy442  OFFLINE  

jazzy442

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 445 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 7:44 pm

awe that just stinks. Try Mattel.. they were great about sending one straight out. Actually my mom got it today. It only took two days.

Yep. I bought one of these from Meijers last year and it didn`t have a cd in it. Well we threw the packaging out so it may have been in between the cardboard but we didn`t see it. I emailed Mattel about it and a replacement was sent right out.

#804 Janet0117  OFFLINE  

Janet0117

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 8:46 pm

You can borrow the CD - the code to activate barbieworld is on the bottom of the white USB base.

#805 lisa0477  OFFLINE  

lisa0477

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 23, 2008 - 11:54 pm

Have any of you ever used the LeapFrog Leapster TV Learning System, it seems like a good price, but I have never heard of anyone that used this system. TIA

My kids have it and like it. The graphics are not the best in the world, but they do not seem to mind. I think it was def worth the purchase! :)

#806 Just Me  OFFLINE  

Just Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 204 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 27, 2008 - 5:09 pm

Are you sure you didn't just miss it? Its in an odd spot not in the pack with the MP3 player you have to pull the cardboard off the bottom of the box and it is under there.

On a side not those that got KOTA mine is acting weird he will get stuck in a rut and keep blinking and wiggling his horns over and over and over and over. I'm worried he has a sensor tweeking out. Anyone elses do this? I went to the return thing and it says on there they don't do exchanges just return and rebuys. Well I paid $99 for KOTA now he is $240. I also have a problem with me air hogs helicopters the dual battle ones. Anyone been able to get a exchange because they aren't those prices anymore and I do want the items just ones that work :(

#807 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 27, 2008 - 5:22 pm

Anyone else buy those fighting robots? I bought them for my son and they were broke within 10 minutes. They are made very cheap. Wondering what my chances are of getting them exchanged.

#808 ashemgra  OFFLINE  

ashemgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 27, 2008 - 5:54 pm

I have 2 of these cds and really only need one! PM me your addy and I'll mail one to you if you'd like.
Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of. No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. Aesop

#809 thewilfords  OFFLINE  

thewilfords

Super Mommy and Super Saver!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 27, 2008 - 8:25 pm

Are you sure you didn't just miss it? Its in an odd spot not in the pack with the MP3 player you have to pull the cardboard off the bottom of the box and it is under there.

On a side not those that got KOTA mine is acting weird he will get stuck in a rut and keep blinking and wiggling his horns over and over and over and over. I'm worried he has a sensor tweeking out. Anyone elses do this? I went to the return thing and it says on there they don't do exchanges just return and rebuys. Well I paid $99 for KOTA now he is $240. I also have a problem with me air hogs helicopters the dual battle ones. Anyone been able to get a exchange because they aren't those prices anymore and I do want the items just ones that work :(

I am waiting on a new Kota from Amazon. Turned him on and he made funny noises and his head fell off! This was before my son even got to see him, so we had to put him out broken and explain that a new one was coming! Amazon refused to ship 2 day even though they originally came 2 day! Then they sent ot fedex instead of ups and it is supposed to be here the 31st but I will bein the hospital from giving birth on the 30th!
Shopping and Saving for my 4 Spoiled Children- EJ, Richie, Michayl and Nate!!!

#810 thewilfords  OFFLINE  

thewilfords

Super Mommy and Super Saver!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 27, 2008 - 8:27 pm

Anyone else buy those fighting robots? I bought them for my son and they were broke within 10 minutes. They are made very cheap. Wondering what my chances are of getting them exchanged.

We bought them but have not opened them yet, maybe we should. I think I'll open them up tommorrow. We have just had too many toys and have been trying to space out opening the boxes. I hope they do not break. I've already got a broken Kota. UUGGHHH
Shopping and Saving for my 4 Spoiled Children- EJ, Richie, Michayl and Nate!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users