Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Amazon Toy Deals DISCUSSION Thread - No deal posting in here...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
821 replies to this topic

#751 Deal Grabber  OFFLINE  

Deal Grabber

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 18, 2008 - 10:33 am

Yup, it arrived UPS. :)
And its in a white box inside the brown box. So I opened up the white box
and its a cylinder type of container.. so I just wrapped it like that (instead of the white box). I figure DS would give a bigger reaction that way. :)

Oh SOOOO worth it IMO

Oh yeah mine just came to.Just like urs.Of course i opened it.lol Much bigger than i though.Oh the boys are going to love these.Yep well worth $60 IMO to
Ohhh another day another deal!!!

#752 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 18, 2008 - 11:34 am

Does anyone know what the deal of the day was for the video games. it is sold out now......just curious what it was??? thanks

#753 mel_b  OFFLINE  

mel_b

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 18, 2008 - 12:50 pm

Does anyone know what the deal of the day was for the video games. it is sold out now......just
curious what it was???

thanks

Motorstorm Pacific Rift for PS3

#754 arelf27  OFFLINE  

arelf27

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 18, 2008 - 1:13 pm

I am kicking myself for not getting DD this when it was $5.99 and the crawling pinkie pie too! They are too cute!

I got my dd3 this one last year also for 5.99. Gave it to her for her 3rd B-day. I also think that these things are very adorable!! Wouldn't you know my dd has only played with it one day - on her B-Day!! It has been laying in the toy box ever since. I mean she has not picked this thing once to play with it. I guess you just never know with little ones what will be a success and what will be a bust.

Posted Image

#755 chefpatty  OFFLINE  

chefpatty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 464 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 18, 2008 - 4:25 pm

I gave it to my niece last year (pony) and she loves it........like you said you never know. :)

#756 Mi mom  OFFLINE  

Mi mom

• PipPipPip
  • 1 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 19, 2008 - 9:38 pm

Every thing is just going up up up, anyone remember if Amazon dropped there prices down just before christmas? Was really hoping for much better deals. disappointed this year.:no:

#757 bettyn100  OFFLINE  

bettyn100

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 19, 2008 - 9:49 pm

I have two items in my cart that I'm trying to make the decision if I should purchase now or wait. They have held steady at around 60% off and just went down an additional $2 a few hours ago. I just know that as soon as I buy them now they'll drop lower. If I don't buy them, by morning they'll probably jump to full price or near it.

#758 daysangel  OFFLINE  

daysangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 20, 2008 - 8:42 am

I got my dd3 this one last year also for 5.99. Gave it to her for her 3rd B-day. I also think that these things are very adorable!! Wouldn't you know my dd has only played with it one day - on her B-Day!! It has been laying in the toy box ever since. I mean she has not picked this thing once to play with it. I guess you just never know with little ones what will be a success and what will be a bust.

Posted Image

I bought this last year, I think for $9.00 on Amazon (and I didn't even do a price adjustment... didn't know about them really-haha) and my DD doesn't touch this toy... it's really cute though and my 4 year old neice loves hers... Kids are fickle when it comes to toys, that's for sure! :P

#759 arelf27  OFFLINE  

arelf27

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 20, 2008 - 9:25 am

I have two items in my cart that I'm trying to make the decision if I should purchase now or wait. They have held steady at around 60% off and just went down an additional $2 a few hours ago.

I just know that as soon as I buy them now they'll drop lower. If I don't buy them, by morning they'll probably jump to full price or near it.

I would buy. 60% is pretty good. I don't think things went lower than 60% this entire sale (maybe just a few).
The way I remmember it from last year, I found the Toy sale a bit late and couldn't get as many deals as I was hoping to. I was thinking just before Christmas Amazon will drop their prices but it never happened. I also thought it would drop prices after Christmas but that didn't happen either. They just had some toys at % off that hung at that price for a few month later but these were the same toys. They didn't add any new ones. All in all I realized the best prices they ever have is few weeks before Christmas to up to one week before Christmas. As soon as Super Saving Shipping for Christmas deadline runs out there are no more sales.

#760 arelf27  OFFLINE  

arelf27

I'm Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 20, 2008 - 9:27 am

I bought this last year, I think for $9.00 on Amazon (and I didn't even do a price adjustment... didn't know about them really-haha) and my DD doesn't touch this toy... it's really cute though and my 4 year old neice loves hers... Kids are fickle when it comes to toys, that's for sure! :P

Yeh you're prob. right I think it was $9 not $6. I also got that Superman toy with a microphone for $9 and my ds was too small and wouldn't really play with it but now that he's 18 month he just started dragging him around everywhere. It's so cute! He def. gets more use out of toys than my dd3.

#761 bettyn100  OFFLINE  

bettyn100

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 20, 2008 - 9:30 am

I would buy. 60% is pretty good. I don't think things went lower than 60% this entire sale (maybe just a few).
The way I remmember it from last year, I found the Toy sale a bit late and couldn't get as many deals as I was hoping to. I was thinking just before Christmas Amazon will drop their prices but it never happened. I also thought it would drop prices after Christmas but that didn't happen either. They just had some toys at % off that hung at that price for a few month later but these were the same toys. They didn't add any new ones. All in all I realized the best prices they ever have is few weeks before Christmas to up to one week before Christmas. As soon as Super Saving Shipping for Christmas deadline runs out there are no more sales.

Well, I caved last night right before I went to bed. I bought the items, one red nextsport fuzion electron scooter for $35.49 and one blue nextsport fuzion electron scooter for $36.56

Neither went up or down during the night. :)

#762 Scruzin  OFFLINE  

Scruzin

Big DEAL!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2008 - 6:43 am

I am getting an error message when I try to open the amazon toy deals thread...is anyone else having that problem?

#763 j2wice  OFFLINE  

j2wice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2008 - 7:01 am

I have been getting the same message :no:

#764 dani_58704  OFFLINE  

dani_58704

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2008 - 7:05 am

I'm getting it too!

#765 bluesky225  OFFLINE  

bluesky225

• 4,892 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 21, 2008 - 2:11 pm

I am getting an error message when I try to open the amazon toy deals thread...is anyone else having that problem?

Yes, me too!! I can't get into the toy thread at all as it closes down the whole site for me. :(

Stephanie :)

#766 guilliam  OFFLINE  

guilliam

• 2,110 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2008 - 2:47 pm

Include me as one who is getting the error message too:(

#767 bettyn100  OFFLINE  

bettyn100

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2008 - 2:56 pm

I can get into it. But I can't get into the Amazon christmas delivery thread here.

#768 ourhappyfamily4  OFFLINE  

ourhappyfamily4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 21, 2008 - 4:04 pm

the toy thread is fixed now.. or for me it is. when it was giving me the error, i would just click on page one.. and then on another page and so forth to get to the last page and for some reason itlet me view it that way until it got fixed.

#769 twocrazykids  OFFLINE  

twocrazykids

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 392 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2008 - 8:21 pm

which is better, calling or emailing for a price adjustment? thanks (my difference is $25.00) thanks

#770 MidwestMama  OFFLINE  

MidwestMama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 21, 2008 - 8:30 pm

which is better, calling or emailing for a price adjustment? thanks (my difference is $25.00) thanks

I had success calling but was turned down on email. Good luck!

#771 krissy077  OFFLINE  

krissy077

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2008 - 11:21 pm

if you have a radio shack nearby they have the kidizoom cameras for 39.99. probably the best "kids" camera out there. my kids LOVE that they can also video record and play games with them. radio shack also carries a very nice green color i haven't seen anywhere else. you can check local availability on their website.

#772 guilliam  OFFLINE  

guilliam

• 2,110 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 3:45 am

I'm still getting the ERROR message in the Amazon Toy Thread with Internet Explorer but when I use Firefox it works:confused:

#773 sallnori  OFFLINE  

sallnori

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 5:58 am

Does anyone know if this is a good game. Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party for the ds and a good price at 15.79?

#774 lakj98  OFFLINE  

lakj98

• 1,164 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 6:20 am

I'm still getting the ERROR message in the Amazon Toy Thread with Internet Explorer but when I use Firefox it works:confused:

I am getting the error message wtih Explorer and with AOL.

#775 lbuzz52  OFFLINE  

lbuzz52

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 7:43 am

error message here too.. if i ordered today with a prime trial, what day woudl it arrive?

#776 erinplus3  OFFLINE  

erinplus3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 7:56 am

error message here too..

if i ordered today with a prime trial, what day woudl it arrive?

You can order up until 3 PM PST today with Prime and receive your order by 12/24.

#777 debbieshops2003  OFFLINE  

debbieshops2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 8:31 am

Has anybody used the Martian Matter? It is $9.99 and I can't decide if it is something I should grab for my 6 year old. Is it just messy junk? or something fun? :confused:

#778 bettyn100  OFFLINE  

bettyn100

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 8:34 am

Has anybody used the Martian Matter? It is $9.99 and I can't decide if it is something I should grab for my 6 year old. Is it just messy junk? or something fun? :confused:

I don't have a clue what it is or what it does. But I ordered it for my 9 yr old son when it was $8.99.

#779 MidwestMama  OFFLINE  

MidwestMama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 8:36 am

I haven't used it, but I bought it. My kids (4 and now 7) have been BEGGING for it and I like that they use it up and throw it away! We get too much stuff that sits around and takes up room. They have the bug maker machine and they have a blast with it so figured this may be on the same line.

To get to the Amazon toy page, go to the last page, it will come up with the error page, go to your search bar and just change the last two digits to one number less (right now its 29) then go to the bottom and click on the > arrow at the bottom to switch pages (don't click on the 30, for some reason that doesn't work) Hope they fix that soon though, its a pain.

#780 rebecca7675  OFFLINE  

rebecca7675

• 1,138 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2008 - 2:23 pm

I just want to warn you that if you order anything frustration free packaging to check inside your box. Something told me to so this today to make sure it was all there and both my Mission Mars shuttle and Fisher price choo which they do not even have in stock anymore, were not complete! THe train is only an engine and one animal and the Mission mars shuttle was not even in there only the acessories. So I am out both items! I am so angry. I was leery about this kind of packaging as it would be easy to just repackage returns this way. I called India and the guy took forever to explain this to and he just said sorry can't do anything as these items are not in stock but please take a $5 credit and buy another item on Amazon. Umm I need these items not anything else. Sorry just blowing off steam as I now have to see if any stores even have these things in stock now. So just letting everyone know to check so you ds or dd is not dissappointed when they open there item and it is not even in there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users