People Already In Line - Post Your Reports

bigjimslade

Aboutttt 30 at CC and 10 at Office Depot in Buena Park CA.

CC line has been there since yesterday. Bearly grew since then. And I started the Office Depot one at a lil after 1:30pm today. Lol.

I usually never go out earlier than 4 but this year i needed a laptop.

So it's gonna be a longgggggggg niteeee.

If I leave now to go to BB, you think i can still get something good?

Nothing that you couldn't buy online at Bestbuy.com right now.

Trust me -- ALL OF THE DOORBUSTERS ALREADY HAVE "CUSTOMERS"! http://s23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/Marcster2005/Smileypad/NO/no.gif

After Thanksgiving dinner tonight, my family and I drove around looking at lights, and passing by stores/through parking lots to see the lines.

The only one I seen was at BB. There were 10-15 people out, with two tents. It looked like they were having fun. They had cornhole games set up, and had a grill going.

people really amaze me that they have nothing better to do then to sit in line in front of some of these stores for days and hours before they open really nothing special this year thats worth waiting for im hoping for some better sales just before or after xmas after the intial black friday crowds die down

Question: What is so special you are waiting 7 hours before the doors open? I didnt see anything worth it, have actually seen better in previous weekly ads.

Answer: I am doing this because its fun first off.. and secondly, because I am getting atleast a 50" Plasma for my newly constructed bar in my basement. Also, where I live, if you don't get to one of the 4 or 5 Best Buys early, you don't get anything good.

I was in line at Menards at 3:30am (in parking lot at 3am) this morning. Part of it is the experience, part is that I know from last year what a free-for-all it would be & I had a few "must get" items.

One thing that has really ticked me off is the lack of security outside- no organized way of crowd control. Especially after that security man was killed at the Wal Mart, I think that any store that does not have and carry out a plan to allow an orderly entrance could and should be liable. As with last year at our Menards, there were a number of people who rushed the door at the last minute, pushing aside those who had been in line for hours. Last year there was a near-fight as the time got closer.

I was 5th in line, so when the doors opened at 6am, I got as far away from the crowd as fast as I could. The ironic thing is that I made a second trip about 10am, and the lines were a lot shorter & there was still a good selection. True, they were sold out of the very items I stood in line for, but there was still a lot there.

Will I do it again next year? Well, we first 5 people made a pact to meet there again next year. We took turns this year saving each others' place in line while we warmed up in our cars for a bit. It was an interesting experience.... we'll see....

I stayed at BB and the rain held off! And we got there thursday morning and were first. The guy who was first last year and second after me the year before got there around 10.

We know the manager from doing this and better yet, he knows us and that he can trust us to keep the peace. At least in front. Seriously-if you are going to do this regularly get at least a nodding acquaintance with the manager. It pays off.

Went for a RR break about 230 and drove by the local CC. There were about 150 people in line at BB. there were 7 at CC. That scared me. I know they are going through Bancruptcy but it really was a low show day for even BB. they had to have had at least 500 people in line last year when it opened, and this is a smaller area. ditto cc's showing. I've talked with friends who were at stores throughout the morning (I was passed out at home by 730, would have been earlier but had to wait for OM to open so I could get the Dragon software,) that the stores did stay steady busy so that is some small relief.

It seems the economy and uncertain job future is seriousy impacting the shopping this year. I pray this won't get as bad as forcasted but am loosing hope. Thank God for this place that stretches how far my dollars will go. We need all the help we can get.

Edited by chimeralife