People Already In Line - Post Your Reports

bigjimslade

Assuming that the "TV" they're waiting four days for at WalMart is the doorbuster Samsung 50" Plasma for $798, I managed to purchase this very same TV online yesterday from BB (for a penny less than WM's BF price, even! ;-) ), thanks to the info from gottadeal.com! Ordered online - picked up in store - a very large box now sits in my living room as we figure out which wall we should mount it on. Soon my husband will be watching the Patriots as nature intended! Anyway, between the TV and the new HP laptop I got at BB last weekend (not a BF deal snagged early like the TV, but I would have been settling for the BF WM one offered Friday. For a little more, I got what a wanted for features.), my big ticket items have been taken care of, I can sleep off the turkey Thursday night, venture out on Friday about 4:15-ish, and shop BF for the small stuff at my leisure. Last couple of years, thanks to the pre-planning this site affords us, I've been back home and in bed before the sun has come up! God bless the early campers!

me too, I just bought it from them and got free shipping too. Better price, no line, no worries about will it fit in my car, ect, ect, ect. I'd rather do all my shipping online, the deals i get thru this site thru the year are usually better than black friday! With no hassles, but black friday can be fun, just not with 3 kids under 12!

How much could they possibly be saving in order to give up 3 days worth of time.?Time = $$ too. Plus this year I just think stores will be having super deals all season long trying to make up the money from the bad economy. Oh well, if they want to do it it just gives us more to talk about.

I went to go check on the campers and the line has grown. There are now 20 @ BB and 21@ WM. I talked to the manager at WM and he told me that he does not mind the campers and he is feeding them. For lunch they will get 4 fresh baked pizza's from Sams and for dinner they will get 5 lbs of meat to cook on there grill they have. They also get free WM brand soda.

Most of the campers are below the age of 35 and have time on there hands. I will go back in a few hours to see if I get can interviews and such.

I went to go check on the campers and the line has grown. There are now 20 @ BB and 21@ WM. I talked to the manager at WM and he told me that he does not mind the campers and he is feeding them. For lunch they will get 4 fresh baked pizza's from Sams and for dinner they will get 5 lbs of meat to cook on there grill they have. They also get free WM brand soda.

Most of the campers are below the age of 35 and have time on there hands. I will go back in a few hours to see if I get can interviews and such.

:eek: Lines are growing fast, huh? It's good that WM is looking out for them.

Well God bless them and I hope they get what they want. I'm kinda not understanding why everybody is being so judgemental...we live in a free society where if a person wants to camp out a few days before black friday they can. Just live and let live:yup:

Well God bless them and I hope they get what they want. I'm kinda not understanding why everybody is being so judgemental...we live in a free society where if a person wants to camp out a few days before black friday they can. Just live and let live:yup:

I agree!:yup:

Like someone said earlier, there really isn't that "HOT" deal out there this year. I've been finding sales these last few weeks that are the same as BF deals. Especially at JCPenneys and Kohls. Two weekends ago I walked into BB and they had a stack load of Wii Fits and Wii's. I just bought my Wii Fit and was on my way. With all the stores hurting there definately will be deals out there every week.

It's not something I "personally" would do, but if it makes em' happy I say go for it. I love the waiting in line as long as you get around some fairly social people. I waitedin line for 4 hours to vote last month and met this couple and a young guy and we had a blast just talking and such. For me it was far more entertaining than sitting at home watching TV or doing the dishes...lol.

I don't think I would ever line up any earlier than 6pm on Thanksgiving, just because Thanksgiving Dinner is something you simply just don't miss in our family...period. I doubt we have anyone lined up here in Winston-Salem, but maybe by tomorrow night we will have a few.

The ONLY way I would ever possibly line up this far in advance is if they were giving away a TV or laptop for FREE for the first X number of customers...lol.

The ONLY way I would ever possibly line up this far in advance is if they were giving away a TV or laptop for FREE for the first X number of customers...lol.

I think I remember an Ikea opened up somewhere, and the first person in line would receive a $1000 gift card to Ikea. I think person number 1 was there for at least a week.

I think the the walmart people are crazy. Since it is a 24 hour one. Everyone just goes in early on BF and surrround the items anyway. So what good does it do to line up outside. How do they know that some shopper is not inside waiting while they are lined up outside?:eyepoppin

The manager told me that there will be no camping inside the store and he has signs up everywhere that says "Line Starts Here for BF".

I think the the walmart people are crazy. Since it is a 24 hour one. Everyone just goes in early on BF and surrround the items anyway. So what good does it do to line up outside. How do they know that some shopper is not inside waiting while they are lined up outside?:eyepoppin

The manager told me that there will be no camping inside the store and he has signs up everywhere that says "Line Starts Here for BF".

So what will happen if there is people in the store already? Will they be kicked out?

The Walmart close to where I live is also a 24hr one, I tried asking how they would work out the hours and no one could explain it to me.:confused:

The manager I talked to will ask them to wait outside or buy something now. I think when it comes to that it is up to the local store manager. The WM where this is taking place is a very busy WM so I think he wants to keep order in his store.

So what will happen if there is people in the store already? Will they be kicked out?

The Walmart close to where I live is also a 24hr one, I tried asking how they would work out the hours and no one could explain it to me.:confused:

Here in So Cal there is already a line forming at BB. The news covered it this morning. We're expecting rain, hope they can stay dry.

From what people have been posting, its seems as though the Westside of the country where people are already starting to line up. I live in Colorado and my brother works at BB, when I asked him if there where any people lined up yet at his store he replied "are you kidding me":rolleyes:

I may. I may go back to BB and WM with a video camera and interview them and post it. One of the people are in line are a regular on this board and freaked out when I told them I was Big Jim Slade and he wanted a picture with me. He said I was his BF hero.

now I am curious to find out who it is. You have to go back w/either a video cam or a dig cam and get a photo op. They requested it. I second that request, Dev. :D

I'm gonna check out the BB close to me when I get out of class tonight and then drive by the WM close to there. Oh, why couldn't my spanish prof cancel class tonight...

I doubt there will be anyone there yet...I expect tomorrow erly evening though to see people start camping.

At the Walmart I will be going too, (this makes year 4), they put all their BF stuff like toys in the garden center and then rope off at the isles...then they have it roped where the line begins...so you are inside out of the cold...but not just huddling around all the different palettes(sp?). Last year...the sale on TV's WM had...the line went from electronics to our the food center door LOL! And there was only a limited supply...so really the 300th person in the back was NOT going to get one...lol.

Kara

While I find it a bit funny to be waiting so early, obviously where BigJim is, the people appear to be a bit smart, as the line is growing fairly quickly imo.

And I do agree, maybe for some of them waiting so early, just maybe it is for some big item that they've saved for or that ONE gift they have to have.

I agree, our physical time with our families is very valuable. I wouldn't stand in line this early to save $50, but if I was saving $500 or so or more, you bet a dollar I would.

I can't help but think that some of the people camping out at these stores are paid to do it by the stores themselves to get interest and excitement levels up. I know that this has happened in previous years it wouldn't surprise me. I'm not saying that EVERYONE who is now out there camping is a shill, but the possibility exists that many are.