Do you think there will be a $199 Desktop DoorBuster?

Arley23

I did however get back on line as soon as I saw security allow others to stay and although I am shown in the local paper as the unofficial first person on line. I later officially was still the 6th person on line and got 4 laptops and 2 desktops, as well as tons of other items from Best Buy, Staples, Walmart, Sears, Macy's (wife would not let the $29.99 set of pots go without getting one, lol), Gamestop (finally got my Wii for the kids), and a few others.

Best Buy did in fact change their policy at my location as far as the tickets go. It was 1 ticket for each TYPE of item for everyone on line until they ran out. Meaning each person could get 1 laptop, 1 desktop, 1 camera, 1 gps, etc. Has my wife, daughter (10 yrs old), and nephew (13 yrs old) and we all were allowed to get tickets, but only 1 ticket for each type of item. Currently on my new laptop that I got for $479 this morning at Best Buy. Very nice machine so far although I have yet to really test it out since I've been sleeping, putting the new items away, wrapping some, and just taking it easy today after a very busy 60 hours from the time I woke up for work on Wednesday night.

I certainly do not feel any bad thoughts about you for what you posted. You tried and then told us what you knew to be true. That is called sharing information and it is something that makes our country and this site better. And just because you got bum info this time doesn't mean I will discount your info next time. It happens to all of us at one time or another. unfortunately yours was more public and that sucks. I feel mad for you, not at you.

Also, more importantly, They have always had the surprise deals. We expected them. We wanted them. We decided that they would have them. Human nature. It was so it must be.

Happy Holidays!

Need us to start saving to bail you out next year? :D

Just wanted to apologize to all for my receiving inaccurate information. I was honestly told all this info and it was even confirmed by a second source. I did not go out and get arrested for being first on line and "trespassing" just for the hell of it. I was there because I trusted my sources who have in the past always given me correct info. I could just hide or change my name on here, but no, I wanted to apologize to all of you as face the fact that the info I was given was incorrect and let you all know I'm sorry for relaying info that I truly believed to be 100% accurate.

Apology accepted, but unnecessary IMO. You provided information that you believed to be trustworthy. But either deliberately or accidentally, your sources were wrong. Those things happen.

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1157/shrug8fl.gif

Just wanted to apologize to all for my receiving inaccurate information. I was honestly told all this info and it was even confirmed by a second source. I did not go out and get arrested for being first on line and "trespassing" just for the hell of it. I was there because I trusted my sources who have in the past always given me correct info. I could just hide or change my name on here, but no, I wanted to apologize to all of you as face the fact that the info I was given was incorrect and let you all know I'm sorry for relaying info that I truly believed to be 100% accurate.

No big deal taz....this is what the forums are for. They are here to share the information we believe to be true. I just told everyone not to jump in line really early because the only source we heard it from was you. The whole idea of releasing big items that late for Best Buy would not make business sense hence my comments. Thanks taz for actually posting stuff though. A lot of people know stuff but don't share so i commend you.

• 2 weeks later...