Do you think there will be a $199 Desktop DoorBuster?

Arley23

Are you kidding me people? What advantage would a retailer have by holding out and not telling customers of their sale items? There is no other deals than what has been advertised.

Exactly. What a sad year this is. And to think most of us plan this all year long. I feel like I just found out there was no santa :no:

I wish I knew the answer to that question. I would expect they will have a commercial later tonight or announce it on their site, but by then I'll probably be back in line. The idea is to get people into the store, I don't think they will just surprise people with it that are already on line. They will have to announce it, and in a big way. Keep checking the home page on gottadeal, they are usually the first to announce any changes and are very on top of any Black Friday sales.

PEOPLE....i would not listen to this unless you want to go out on a thin thin string. Whatever his source is or whatever taz is saying i would not believe personally. Taz may not be lying but this source of his seems to be unreliable to me. THIS WOULD MAKE NO SENSE!

ok TazErase: as we are all kind-of relying on this information, could you at least clear things up?

How was this info "confirmed"?

Is it for all stores, or just some? (because some people in this thread said that there manager assured them that there are no secret deals)

Do you have any model numbers, or any hint regarding retail value of these computers?

I don't want to go to BB for any of the other deals (unless you think the $480 toshiba is profitable.....), I only want these, but i am not waiting for hours if this is false info

I doubt BB would wait this long to announce their biggest doorbusters on a commercial or on a site. They know that people check BF sites before thanksgiving; that's why they do the secret online doorbusters. But thanksgiving is a little late. Most pre-planners are either done planning, or already on line

Exactly. What a sad year this is. And to think most of us plan this all year long. I feel like I just found out there was no santa :no:

My thoughts exactly. We have been planning and saving all year. We got in line yesterday morning... did 2 news interviews (I think I got some air time for you in Wichita, Brad, they were asking a lot of questions about the site). Then I checked the internet this morning and saw nothing... so I checked the ad to see if they mentioned the secret sales the way they did last year... only online sales mentioned (originally I thought they meant they would post their secret specials online, but now I really think it means online only sales). So we broke camp along with the 20 people behind us. I guess walmart will be getting my $$$ this year. Now we have to figure out what to make for Thanksgiving dinner (a first since I have been married). My wife will be writing best buy to tell them thank you for letting our family eat a traditional Thanksgiving dinner together.

PEOPLE....i would not listen to this unless you want to go out on a thin thin string. Whatever his source is or whatever taz is saying i would not believe personally. Taz may not be lying but this source of his seems to be unreliable to me. THIS WOULD MAKE NO SENSE!

My sources work for BB so I trust they know what deals there will be. I am trusting in what I was told only because I personally know my original source and he would not intentionally give me false information unless the false info was leaked to him. I would never give false info unless it was from someone I trusted. I am heading back soon to get on line again although with the current deals I would not bother unless I still had enough trust that more is coming. I am not asking you to trust my sources since you have no relation to them but although I am disappointed so far I find it hard to believe I would have been intentionally misled and I certainly wouldn't mislead even a singel person on purpose.

My sources work for BB so I trust they know what deals there will be. I am trusting in what I was told only because I personally know my original source and he would not intentionally give me false information unless the false info was leaked to him. I would never give false info unless it was from someone I trusted. I am heading back soon to get on line again although with the current deals I would not bother unless I still had enough trust that more is coming. I am not asking you to trust my sources since you have no relation to them but although I am disappointed so far I find it hard to believe I would have been intentionally misled and I certainly wouldn't mislead even a singel person on purpose.

That is fair and reasonable. You heard what you heard and it may or may not be true. Each person needs to decide for themselves what they want to do with this information (if anything).

If I recall correctly, last year's special doorbusters weren't announced until late Thursday evening. I was on line @ 5pm and it wasn't until 9 or 10pm that I heard about the secret doorbusters.

That is fair and reasonable. You heard what you heard and it may or may not be true. Each person needs to decide for themselves what they want to do with this information (if anything).

If I recall correctly, last year's special doorbusters weren't announced until late Thursday evening. I was on line @ 5pm and it wasn't until 9 or 10pm that I heard about the secret doorbusters.

I recall they were announced a couple days before Thanksgiving. In fact, the ad that came out on T-Day had an added banner flyer that added those additional DBs.

Well, Taz I so hope you are right and you get back to the front of the line. we are in line, just home for a break and number 2 just showed up. We seem to trade 1st every other year:cheesy:

Still Hoping, but back up plan is to get the HP for 599 and return the accessories tomorrow. Didn't you say you were able to do that last year with the Toshiba?

Yeah!! Rain pushed back to 8pm from yesterday's forcast of 2pm!!!

Happy thanksgiving!!

I made it a point to say that you are probably not lying. I am sure you do have sources that did confirm this. All I am saying is I would find it hard to be true that there are secret sales or maybe there was some type of miscommunication. I appreciate all your hard work with your recons :yup: and I sure hope you are right.

Edited by ryansplace

Ya, Taz, I think we all appreciated what you told us... I know I did. I just wish it had been right :tongue1: . We will try again next year!

Have fun everybody! I'll be staying home for the first time in 15 years, and all my friends will (and already have) started to make fun of me (they call me Mr. Black Friday and cannot believe I will be sleeping in).

... Well, maybe I could go to the ____ _____ and get that _____ ______, or go get that thing at ________. We will see. ;)

What are you waiting in line to get? You are making feel I missed something in the ad that was worth waiting for?

LOL, no u didn't miss anything I am here for a 599. Laptop and the KsportK of being here. I have planned it so long now I would have felt like I was missing something if I skipped it. Next year will be different. If the deals suck I will be home.

What are you waiting in line to get? You are making feel I missed something in the ad that was worth waiting for?

For me I am getting the $379 laptop for my neighbor (my buds are getting obne each as well), the eMachine desktop (buds are getting one each as well), the passport HDD, the MIMO Linksys Router, the $59 camera for my daughter. So some decent savings and $180 in fuel perks from local grocery store.

We are spending some quality time together talking about the families and enjoying some movies, cards, and corn hole! We have all weekend with our families and they get to enjoy some new electronics!

Happy Thanksgiving All

Can someone tell me what the deal is with the laptops assuming we don't get the secret sale? There is a $349 HP when I go on the website that does not say anything about only available in certain locations/limited availability/etc, but it was not shown in my newspaper ad. Am I out of luck yet again??

Can someone tell me what the deal is with the laptops assuming we don't get the secret sale? There is a $349 HP when I go on the website that does not say anything about only available in certain locations/limited availability/etc, but it was not shown in my newspaper ad. Am I out of luck yet again??

Sorry, I think you are out of luck again. :(

Unfortunately not. But they had a zillion of the advertised ones at my BB so most everyone got what they came for.

I got the "secret" HP bundle for $349..it is really nice. Almost no one in my line even knew about it, but they perked up after hearing about it though..lol. And I don't think the Megellan GPS was in the paper. Look like the "secret" sales were very scarce this year. But I got them! :yay:

I was there this morning for the hp 349. laptop but changed my mind and went for the 379.00 toshbia because there is no resourse cd. they wanted 50.00 more to get the cd. HP does not give you a resourse cd as Best buy said this morning.

I was there this morning for the hp 349. laptop but changed my mind and went for the 379.00 toshbia because there is no resourse cd. they wanted 50.00 more to get the cd. HP does not give you a resourse cd as Best buy said this morning.

Yeah I got both...still have not decided which one I want to keep. A family member wants to buy the one I don't want to keep. I got the BF HP a few years ago and no it did not come with a cd. BUT...it has been such a wonderful laptop, that I have not needed it. So now I am trying to decide between what I know and love or what is new and more powerful. Sounds like a relationship...lol! :cheesy:

My aunt waited in line almost two days for the 349 HP Laptop and when they finally passed out the tickets the associates had no Idea what she was talking about. Thankfully she had printed out the page from the door busters from the BB online ad and so they had to sell it to her, she also had trouble when it came time to pay because it kept ringing up as a $600 deal. Apparently she was the only one including the people in front of her that got that deal.:confused:

The BB I was at never mentioned the 349 laptop and only put up a sign moments before they opened and in store that the price was a misprint and they would not honor the price under any circumstances. I don't know much else other than there were loud people complaining about it in the store.

Just wanted to apologize to all for my receiving inaccurate information. I was honestly told all this info and it was even confirmed by a second source. I did not go out and get arrested for being first on line and "trespassing" just for the hell of it. I was there because I trusted my sources who have in the past always given me correct info. I could just hide or change my name on here, but no, I wanted to apologize to all of you as face the fact that the info I was given was incorrect and let you all know I'm sorry for relaying info that I truly believed to be 100% accurate.