Computer Geeks.com Pre Memorial DAy Sale

geekgirldany

ComputerGeeks.com is having a pre memorial day sale May 25, and 26! Look at it soon because their stuff gets gone pretty fast.

I stayed up late to see what they have on sale. I had to refrain from buying to much. My first view cart was $269 I got it down to $98. I just had to weed out the unneccessary stuff :)

Anyways check it out.

The toshiba 30GB 2.5" hard drive is a great deal! Pair that with a external enclosure, and you have a slick bus powered portable drive for around $50

Along the lines of what you just said - what do you think about these things, Scott?

5.25-Inch USB 2.0 Black External IDE Drive Case - $8.99

And while you're at it, do you think this will help cool my system?

System Exhaust Case Slot Fan - $2.35

My brother needs a laptop (only for wordprocessing and internet use) so a PIII will be fine, and I was wondering if you guys know if their referbished laptops are good quality? Particuraly, the: Dell for $369 (P3 1.0GHz 256MB 30GB CD FDD 14.1" TFT w/Win 2K - B)

256 is plenty of ram for word and for the internet, and I like that it comes with 2k pro. Also, would it be possible to install a wireless network card in here, and if the battery does not work. How much do you think a replacement would cose. Thanks for the help!

Edited and added link - RossMAN

I'm not sure about their laptops. But I have bought refurb computers from them. There has never been a problem with them. Alot of things they sell are refurb. I had considered buying one of the laptops last night but talked myself out of it. I'm trying not to spend so much money.

You can always buy a battery off ebay for it.

My brother needs a laptop (only for wordprocessing and internet use) so a PIII will be fine, and I was wondering if you guys know if their referbished laptops are good quality? Particuraly, the: Dell PIII 1.0GHz 256MB 30GB CD FDD 14.1" TFT w/Win 2K - B

256 is plenty of ram for word and for the internet, and I like that it comes with 2k pro. Also, would it be possible to install a wireless network card in here, and if the battery does not work. How much do you think a replacement would cose. Thanks for the help!

I was wondering a lot of these same things. We have 2 grads this year and both are heading to college...

Regarding the Dell Latitude C600-4B laptop for $369

It is a good deal but if you can wait another month or two, I would suggest waiting.

Recently Dell had the Inspiron 1000 for $499. Unfortunately this deal expired last week but it was VERY VERY HOT (cheap, new laptop, loaded and no rebates!!!)

Here's what you get for only $130 more:

• Brand new with 1 year warranty vs refurbished with 90 day warranty
  • Intel Celeron 2.2 GHz vs P3 750 MHz
  • 30GB Hard Drive vs 20GB Hard Drive
  • Combo DVD/CD-RW vs CD-ROM only
  • Windows XP Home vs W2K (some would argue W2K is better)
  • Brand new laptop battery guaranteed to work vs "battery is not guaranteed to hold a charge"
  • Free ground shipping vs $10 computergeeks.com shipping

If you don't mind rebates I have seen laptops at office stores for $399 - $499 which are loaded!

The ComputerGeeks Dell laptop is good if you're close to an a/c outlet indoors and just need cheap basic word processing/internet surf machine. A plus on the refurbished Dell is it has a floppy drive, a plus for students who use floppies a lot.

Wow, thanks RossMan. Yeah, I think I'll wait as well. My bro is a grad as well, and thats what he wanted for his present, but I think I'll wait and see if that deal comes up again. Only wish I started using these forums two months ago ;)

Wow, thanks RossMan. Yeah, I think I'll wait as well. My bro is a grad as well, and thats what he wanted for his present, but I think I'll wait and see if that deal comes up again. Only wish I started using these forums two months ago ;)

It's never too late... now you've seen the light! :)

Welcome to GottaDeal! :2welcome:

Along the lines of what you just said - what do you think about these things, Scott?

5.25-Inch USB 2.0 Black External IDE Drive Case - $8.99

And while you're at it, do you think this will help cool my system?

System Exhaust Case Slot Fan - $2.35

That is a decent enclosure if you just want an external burner or something. It is plastic, so I wouldn't want to put a hard drive in it.

As for the slot cooler, I would say you are better off putting an 80mm fan in the system. :)

I can definetely vouch for the fact that the $130 more is worth spending. I just got the Inspiron 1000, as I mentioned in a different post. I get a great warranty, and plus with spending only a little more the reassurance that I will be getting a brand new machine, no previous quarks, or anything like that. The peace of mind alone is worth the money!

EagleEye and nineofus,

Rest assured the next time I see a Hot Deal on a new laptop for $499 or less, you will be notified via PM.

Just remember to check this forum at least once a day :)

Ross

Thanks Ross! You're the best!