Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Amazon Customer Vote IS BACK! GO VOTE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

327 replies to this topic

#61 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:07 am

What is Amazon Customers Vote? Customers Vote is a special end-of-year promotion to help Amazon customers get amazing deals on top holiday gift items. How does Amazon Customers Vote work? First, we place three products against each other in six voting rounds: Go Blu-, Go Play, Go High-Def, Go Mobile, Go Your Way, and Go Crazy. Customers vote for the deal they want in each of six rounds. Whichever deal gets the most votes will be offered at the steepest savings (or winning price). The other two items will be offered at slightly lower savings (or runner-up price) but will still be sweet deals. Then a limited number of customers are selected at random to participate in the buying round, where they race to buy deals for that round. This year's potential winning deals include a Samsung 46-Inch 1080p HDTV for $699, an ASUS Eee PC 900 Netbook for $129 and a KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for $69. See the Product Pricing and Availability section for the full list. See the Product Pricing and Availability section for the full list.

#62 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:07 am

What's the difference between this year's Amazon Customers Vote and last year's? The biggest difference is that this year, Customers Vote is a race. We will invite more customers to participate in the buying round than we have available deals. We recommend selected customers sign in early on the buying day, as deals are sold on a first come, first served basis. (Not sure when the buying day is? Check here.) Another difference is that customers selected to participate in the buying round will be able to buy any (or all) of the deals, not just the one they voted for. See the Product Pricing and Availability section for the full list.

#63 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:08 am

Participation Requirements Sounds good--I'm in! Anything I need to know? You will need to have an authorized credit card on file with Amazon.com (associated with the account you voted from) in order to be eligible to get a deal. Do I need to be a U.S. resident to participate? No, but most of the products in this promotion cannot be shipped internationally. And at least one of the items can only be delivered to the 48 contiguous United States. Please check the products' detail pages for shipping restrictions. Do I need to vote in order to be able to get a chance at one of the deals? Yes. Only customers who voted for a deal can be randomly selected to participate in the buying round. Is there anything else I need to know in order to participate? See the Fine Print section for the full terms and conditions of this promotion.

#64 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:09 am

Calendar of Events For the complete calendar of events, see the Calendar of Events. Product Pricing and Availability Product Title Winning Price Runner-up Price Units Available Prime and Free SSS Eligibility Details Round 1: Go Blu- PS3 Blu-ray Sci-Fi Bundle $199 $299 500 Both The "PS3 Blu-ray Sci-Fi Bundle" includes the following products: Sony Playstation 3 (80GB), Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote, Firefly: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3) PS3 Blu-ray Action Bundle $229 $349 500 Both The "PS3 Blu-ray Action Bundle" includes the following products: Sony Playstation 3 (80GB), Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote, James Bond Blu-ray Collection Six-Pack and Far Cry 2 (PS3). PS3 Blu-ray Family Bundle $199 $299 500 Both The "PS3 Blu-ray Sci-Fi Bundle" includes the following products: Sony Playstation 3 (80GB), Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote, Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy (Blu-ray) and Little BigPlanet (PS3). Round 2: Go Play Eyeclops night vision $39 $49 1,000 Both None U-Dance $35 $45 1,000 Both None Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter $49 $69 1,000 Both None Round 3: Go High-Def Samsung 46-Inch 1080p HDTV $699 $999 250 Both Free White Glove Delivery within the contiguous United States only. Samsung TL34HD 14.7MP Camera (silver) $139 $179 500 Both None Sony Blu-ray Disc Player $99 $149 500 Both None Round 4: Go Mobile Nokia N95-3 (Unlocked) $199 $299 500 Both None ASUS Eee PC 900 8.9-Inch Netbook With Windows XP Home $129 $219 500 Both None Flip Video Ultra Series Camcorder, 60-Minutes (Black) $49 $69 1,000 Both None Round 5: Go Your Way Navigon 8100T $299 $399 500 Both None TomTom GO 730T $245 $299 1,000 Both None GolfLogix GPS by Garmin $149 $199 1,000 Both None Round 6: Go Crazy The Sopranos - The Complete Series $130 $164 1,000 Neither None The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Collector's Edition $50 $70 1,000 Both Although Amazon is pleased to discount The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Collector’s Edition as part of the Customers Vote promotion, all donations to the Children’s High Level Group charity will be calculated from the full list price of the book ($100). KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer (Licorice) $69 $130 500 Both None

#65 kac510  OFFLINE  

kac510

• PipPipPip
  • 2 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:10 am

I vote for the Kitchen Aid mixer. Sweet deal!

#66 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:10 am

Amazon Customers Vote FAQ Table of Contents The Basics Participation Requirements Calendar of Events Product Pricing and Availability General Questions The Voting Process Buying the Winning Deal (or a Runner-up) Problems with Amazon Customers Vote More Information about Amazon Customers Vote Back to Customers Vote The Basics What is Amazon Customers Vote? Customers Vote is a special end-of-year promotion to help Amazon customers get amazing deals on top holiday gift items. How does Amazon Customers Vote work? First, we place three products against each other in six voting rounds: Go Blu-, Go Play, Go High-Def, Go Mobile, Go Your Way, and Go Crazy. Customers vote for the deal they want in each of six rounds. Whichever deal gets the most votes will be offered at the steepest savings (or winning price). The other two items will be offered at slightly lower savings (or runner-up price) but will still be sweet deals. Then a limited number of customers are selected at random to participate in the buying round, where they race to buy deals for that round. This year's potential winning deals include a Samsung 46-Inch 1080p HDTV for $699, an ASUS Eee PC 900 Netbook for $129 and a KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer for $69. See the Product Pricing and Availability section for the full list. See the Product Pricing and Availability section for the full list. What's the difference between this year's Amazon Customers Vote and last year's? The biggest difference is that this year, Customers Vote is a race. We will invite more customers to participate in the buying round than we have available deals. We recommend selected customers sign in early on the buying day, as deals are sold on a first come, first served basis. (Not sure when the buying day is? Check here.) Another difference is that customers selected to participate in the buying round will be able to buy any (or all) of the deals, not just the one they voted for. See the Product Pricing and Availability section for the full list. Participation Requirements Sounds good--I'm in! Anything I need to know? You will need to have an authorized credit card on file with Amazon.com (associated with the account you voted from) in order to be eligible to get a deal. Do I need to be a U.S. resident to participate? No, but most of the products in this promotion cannot be shipped internationally. And at least one of the items can only be delivered to the 48 contiguous United States. Please check the products' detail pages for shipping restrictions. Do I need to vote in order to be able to get a chance at one of the deals? Yes. Only customers who voted for a deal can be randomly selected to participate in the buying round. Is there anything else I need to know in order to participate? See the Fine Print section for the full terms and conditions of this promotion. Calendar of Events For the complete calendar of events, see the Calendar of Events. Product Pricing and Availability Product Title Winning Price Runner-up Price Units Available Prime and Free SSS Eligibility Details Round 1: Go Blu- PS3 Blu-ray Sci-Fi Bundle $199 $299 500 Both The "PS3 Blu-ray Sci-Fi Bundle" includes the following products: Sony Playstation 3 (80GB), Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote, Firefly: The Complete Series (Blu-ray) and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3) PS3 Blu-ray Action Bundle $229 $349 500 Both The "PS3 Blu-ray Action Bundle" includes the following products: Sony Playstation 3 (80GB), Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote, James Bond Blu-ray Collection Six-Pack and Far Cry 2 (PS3). PS3 Blu-ray Family Bundle $199 $299 500 Both The "PS3 Blu-ray Sci-Fi Bundle" includes the following products: Sony Playstation 3 (80GB), Sony PlayStation 3 Blu-ray Disc Remote, Pirates of the Caribbean Trilogy (Blu-ray) and Little BigPlanet (PS3). Round 2: Go Play Eyeclops night vision $39 $49 1,000 Both None U-Dance $35 $45 1,000 Both None Razor PowerWing Caster Scooter $49 $69 1,000 Both None Round 3: Go High-Def Samsung 46-Inch 1080p HDTV $699 $999 250 Both Free White Glove Delivery within the contiguous United States only. Samsung TL34HD 14.7MP Camera (silver) $139 $179 500 Both None Sony Blu-ray Disc Player $99 $149 500 Both None Round 4: Go Mobile Nokia N95-3 (Unlocked) $199 $299 500 Both None ASUS Eee PC 900 8.9-Inch Netbook With Windows XP Home $129 $219 500 Both None Flip Video Ultra Series Camcorder, 60-Minutes (Black) $49 $69 1,000 Both None Round 5: Go Your Way Navigon 8100T $299 $399 500 Both None TomTom GO 730T $245 $299 1,000 Both None GolfLogix GPS by Garmin $149 $199 1,000 Both None Round 6: Go Crazy The Sopranos - The Complete Series $130 $164 1,000 Neither None The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Collector's Edition $50 $70 1,000 Both Although Amazon is pleased to discount The Tales of Beedle the Bard, Collector’s Edition as part of the Customers Vote promotion, all donations to the Children’s High Level Group charity will be calculated from the full list price of the book ($100). KitchenAid Professional Stand Mixer (Licorice) $69 $130 500 Both None General Questions So what do I need to do to get a deal? First step, go vote. To have a chance to be invited to race in a given round, you must have voted in that round. Next, check your e-mail the day before buying starts to see if you've been randomly selected to participate in the race to buy. Then, get ready to race! We have more invitations to the buying round than we have deals. Once the buying round starts, we recommend you sign in early to increase your chances to get the deals you want. Why do you pick people at random to enter the buying round? We only have a limited number of products available at these prices, and we think the fairest way to give folks an opportunity to purchase them is through random selection. I don't like choosing sides. Do I really need to vote? Yes, you must vote in order to be entered for the buying round. And your vote does make a difference! It's votes from our customers that determine which product gets the steepest discount for that round.

#67 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:13 am

ok i think u guys get the general idea. the only thing that this is not showing when i copy and paste is how many they have to give away , the time says its starts 630 pacific time. . im eastern so i have no idea what time that is lol .. ill have to look into that .lol im a blonde. so the winning one would be at 630, runner up would be at 730, then the last one would be 830. for vote 1, vote 2 is on monday , vote 3 is tuesday , vote 4 is wednesday, so on and so on. u can view this and the calander by hitting where is says most q's and answeres. right under the little description of the game . where it says step 1 step 2 step 3 ok i take back its not showing how many they have to give .. its there just not set up like they have it in the websight . gl

#68 w00t808  OFFLINE  

w00t808

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:15 am

Maybe I missed this going through it all so fast but when does it start and when does it end? I got a huge tent for $20 the year before last and all sorts of other stuff! I love this time of the year at Amazon. :cheesy:

#69 IDmom262  OFFLINE  

IDmom262

Nick McFest!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:16 am

My son wants those night vision goggles so bad, and for $39 I would totally buy them. I hope I get picked!! :)

#70 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:19 am

Maybe I missed this going through it all so fast but when does it start and when does it end? I got a huge tent for $20 the year before last and all sorts of other stuff! I love this time of the year at Amazon. :cheesy:

vote one is on friday am . with the winning item . at 630 pasific time. runner up item will be at 730, and the last one will be at 830. if u are chosen. vote 2 is on monday. you must have entered all the votes at least the day before the vote off in order to be chosen. if u are .

#71 freesia39  OFFLINE  

freesia39

• 12,172 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:19 am

ok i think u guys get the general idea. the only thing that this is not showing when i copy and paste is how many they have to give away , the time says its starts 630 pacific time. . im eastern so i have no idea what time that is lol .. ill have to look into that .lol im a blonde. so the winning one would be at 630, runner up would be at 730, then the last one would be 830. for vote 1, vote 2 is on monday , vote 3 is tuesday , vote 4 is wednesday, so on and so on.

u can view this and the calander by hitting where is says most q's and answeres. right under the little description of the game . where it says step 1 step 2 step 3

ok i take back its not showing how many they have to give .. its there just not set up like they have it in the websight . gl

630am Pacific = 930am Eastern = 830am Central = 730am Mountain.

GO BRUINS!

#72 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:25 am

630am Pacific = 930am Eastern = 830am Central = 730am Mountain.

lol thank you i dont have to look it up.. my friend and i were on our phones looking we couldnt get it lol god i cant beleve i did not know it lol ty

#73 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:27 am

if i could get the goggles and the lap top i would be so happy.. i could take back the ones i go and save almost 200.00

#74 w00t808  OFFLINE  

w00t808

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:34 am

This Friday? As in tomorrow? :shock: I meant what date? LOL. I know it said the date of each one but I flew through voting and didn't pay attention.

#75 3wardkids  OFFLINE  

3wardkids

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 11:57 am

ok, so this may be a really dumb question, but i'm in eastern standard time, but...i'm in a daylight saving zone too...so i'm a hour behind time than some parts of the eastern standard times....just want to make sure i get on time!

#76 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 12:14 pm

This Friday? As in tomorrow? :shock: I meant what date? LOL. I know it said the date of each one but I flew through voting and didn't pay attention.

no not tomorrow on black friday the 28th

#77 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 12:15 pm

ok, so this may be a really dumb question, but i'm in eastern standard time, but...i'm in a daylight saving zone too...so i'm a hour behind time than some parts of the eastern standard times....just want to make sure i get on time!

oh boy now u have me. lol not sure im in central nj . so i have no idea . but i would think the day before if u are picked the email would say what time .

#78 w00t808  OFFLINE  

w00t808

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 12:24 pm

no not tomorrow on black friday the 28th

This year is a lucky year as payday falls on BF. Of course that could just mean trouble. :tongue1:

#79 DaFees  OFFLINE  

DaFees

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 1:02 pm

I have a question that maybe somebody knows the answer to. I think everyone who has preordered a copy of the HP book may be a bit upset by this Customer Votes promotion. Amazon.com has a preorder price policy that if the price decreases between the time of preorder and the time of shpping you get whatever the lowest price was. Well Amazon is planning to ship this product out early so that it arrives at everyone's doorstep on the day it's available December 4th. This means you will have some people complaining because Amazon has made sure to ship this product out before the 6th buying day which is December 4th, there by preventing EVERYONE from get this item at the lower price (available on the 6th buying day) as per the preorder price policy. I'm not saying I'll complain but some people might because they could argue that if they canceled their preorder then reordered the item on December 4th that they would then get the item cheaper. Yes I know you need to be selected in order to buy but still. My question is, do you find this to be intentional or coincidental? What's your opinion on this one? Also to this end. If you order one of these items, the TV for example the day before the buying day and you get selected to be able to buy the TV at the cheaper rate. Would the 1 TV you ordered already be discounted (as per the preorder price policy) to match the price you could order the TV at due to the fact your item hasn't yet shipped?

"Because if you get an awesome girlfriend, and someone else gets an awesome girlfriend, who wins? Everyone!"
"Gaming is staying up all night to get a trophy that isn't real... but it is!" ~ Kevin Butler ~

Black Thursday/Friday - 11/24/2015 to 11/25/2015 - Cannot Wait!, :)

#80 jeninpa  OFFLINE  

jeninpa

Mama to 4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,248 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 1:08 pm

If you have dial-up, I wouldn't even attempt it,lmao. I would LOVE to get my kids that PS3!!!! They are each getting a laptop and they would totally freak out if there was a PS3 under that tree too!!! lmao
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, dreams are forever." - Tinkerbell

#81 ksj0225  OFFLINE  

ksj0225

I don't know

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 1:11 pm

I think I got two last year from the picks. It may have been one, but I got it.

#82 DaFees  OFFLINE  

DaFees

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 326 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 1:28 pm

Also, does anyone know if there is any limits on what you can buy. I mean could I buy two of the same PS3 bundles if I wanted?

"Because if you get an awesome girlfriend, and someone else gets an awesome girlfriend, who wins? Everyone!"
"Gaming is staying up all night to get a trophy that isn't real... but it is!" ~ Kevin Butler ~

Black Thursday/Friday - 11/24/2015 to 11/25/2015 - Cannot Wait!, :)

#83 w00t808  OFFLINE  

w00t808

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 1:42 pm

I'm pretty sure it was one per person last time.

#84 mom2pckm  OFFLINE  

mom2pckm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 1:52 pm

i voted would love the laptop and mixer for sure

#85 MidwestMama  OFFLINE  

MidwestMama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 3:11 pm

My son wants those night vision goggles so bad, and for $39 I would totally buy them. I hope I get picked!! :)

Mine wants them too, but he is already too sneaky and deviant and I don't want to give him more tools against me!!! I think they'd be fun but I KNOW I'd regret it...

#86 w00t808  OFFLINE  

w00t808

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 3:25 pm

I also voted for the night vision goggles. Maybe I can use it against my kids instead of visa versa? LOL. :tongue1:

#87 shanni  OFFLINE  

shanni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,451 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 3:59 pm

I got that tent too, and it is the best tent we have ever owned!

#88 lelee24  OFFLINE  

lelee24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 188 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 6:22 pm

Voted! Probably won't get picked but it's like putting up the Christmas tree...gets me in the spirit!
I love the whole Black Friday Season!::yup:

#89 boblin119  OFFLINE  

boblin119

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 6:43 pm

i can't get it to work. it keeps saying i need to enable cookies. they are enabled, what am i doing wrong?

#90 ancra_ac  OFFLINE  

ancra_ac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 73 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 7:46 pm

Thanks!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users