Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Amazon Customer Vote IS BACK! GO VOTE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

327 replies to this topic

#1 hannahs_momma  OFFLINE  

hannahs_momma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 4:45 am

http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/cv/

Welcome to Amazon Customers Vote 2008, your chance to compete for our most ridiculous deals of the season. The products that get the most votes in each of six rounds will be offered at ridiculous deal prices, and the runners-up will also be offered at slightly smaller discounts. (But they'll still be sweet deals.)
Step 1: Vote.
Browse our six rounds of great products, and vote for the ones you'd like to buy at an amazing discount.

Step 2: Check E-mail.
Check your e-mail the day before each buying round to see if you've been randomly selected to participate in the race to buy.

Step 3: Go!
If selected, make sure you come back and log-in early on race day. We will have many more participants than deals, so the race is on. Good luck!

Keep in mind:
You may vote in all six rounds on the same day if you like.
The day before each buying round, you will be notified by e-mail if you've been selected to participate in the race to buy. You may also return to this page to find out whether you were selected.
Customers Vote is a race. If you're randomly selected to participate in the race to buy, you still need to check what time the buying starts for each deal that round and log-in early, as we expect to have many more people participating than we have deals available.
If selected, you may choose to purchase any or all of the items for that round, not just the product you voted for, as long as supplies are available.
For more information, see our FAQ, Calendar, and Fine Print.

Mod Note:
Please do not offer to sell or exchange your win with other members of the forum, as this is a violation of forum rules. This thread is only for the discussion of the Amazon vote promotion.

Edited by freesia39, Dec 1, 2008 - 10:00 am.
added little note

#2 Bursley2010  OFFLINE  

Bursley2010

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 4:48 am

Cool! I've heard so much about this- can't wait to participate! WOW- I'm loving the PS3 bundle deals, the computer deal, and the stand mixer deal!! I hope I get picked!

Edited by Bursley2010, Nov 20, 2008 - 5:48 am.

#3 SoCalCyclist  OFFLINE  

SoCalCyclist

aka 007webgod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:00 am

I'm a little surprised they're doing this again. I seem to remember last year a lot of people getting ticked off because of this.

#4 MidwestMama  OFFLINE  

MidwestMama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:01 am

I voted but none of them are items I would buy if offered the choice, except the eye clops. Last years seemed more of what I was in the market for. But then again I didn't get a chance to buy anything.

#5 bovichtj  OFFLINE  

bovichtj

BoilerMommy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:18 am

Wow! Kitchenaid mixer for $69! and the ASUS laptop for $129! the 42" 1080 TV for I think $699... These would be AMAZING deals! Joanne

#6 rebecca7675  OFFLINE  

rebecca7675

• 1,138 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:20 am

Thanks! I was wondering if they would do this or not!

#7 mom2maddynsky27  OFFLINE  

mom2maddynsky27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:25 am

i voted...now just going to wait and see what happens.

#8 Crue2001  OFFLINE  

Crue2001

• 1,994 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:25 am

Isn't this new this year...thought previously you could only buy what you voted for if you were selected.

"If selected, you may choose to purchase any or all of the items for that round, not just the product you voted for, as long as supplies are available."

Not complaining because there were some things I didn't vote for but would have still liked to be able to buy at that price. :yup:

#9 elainem304  OFFLINE  

elainem304

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:30 am

I voted but quite honestly wasn't too excited over the choices.... Last year I couldn't wait to check my email, this year not so much....

#10 sunni0913  OFFLINE  

sunni0913

Is it Black Friday yet??

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:30 am

I voted but my family doesn't really want a ps3 so no biggy if i don't get selected.
" I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life":D

#11 elainem304  OFFLINE  

elainem304

• PipPipPipPip
  • 5 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:31 am

Isn't this new this year...thought previously you could only buy what you voted for if you were selected.

"If selected, you may choose to purchase any or all of the items for that round, not just the product you voted for, as long as supplies are available."

Not complaining because there were some things I didn't vote for but would have still liked to be able to buy at that price. :yup:

Amazon will give you the option of purchasing the item at a higher rate than offered but still lower that what they normally sell it for... They did it that way last year too...

#12 tasha221  OFFLINE  

tasha221

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:36 am

The only thing I liked was the mixer. I wish they had some good toys on there.

#13 jerseygirl  OFFLINE  

jerseygirl

~Go GIANTS!~

• 1,547 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:37 am

I'm a little surprised they're doing this again. I seem to remember last year a lot of people getting ticked off because of this.

That was ME! :mad: Even when they said I was sellected I still couldn't order & Amazon Cust Service (really Amazon India) had not 1 clue of what I was talking about. After 2 hours & countless Amazon India reps I gave up. :mad:
:2football ~Go GIANTS!~ :2football

#14 Ginny123  OFFLINE  

Ginny123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:37 am

I would like to give my thoughts on this from past experience. Hundreds of people come back to this site to post that they could not get the prize they voted for..people with the fastest computers available. it's exciting to be able to think you might get a ridiculous prize, but it didn't happen for anyone...or a remote few.

#15 miller205  OFFLINE  

miller205

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:42 am

Wow I would love that Netbook. Too bad I probably will forget to check back on race day.
"WalMart doesn't really care about your faith. WalMart cares if you have money to spend, and it's going to be as generic as possible in exploiting the holiday season for every buck it can make."

#16 onecutemoocow  OFFLINE  

onecutemoocow

Go Steelers!

• 1,485 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:43 am

I loved this last year even though I was never offered anything!!!

There's a point in your life when you get tired of chasing everyone and trying to fix everything. But it's not giving up... It's realizing that you don't need certain people, the bull, and the drama they bring
. :fluffy:

#17 saiynee  OFFLINE  

saiynee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:45 am

I am not a big baker, but I would totally buy the mixer!

#18 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:48 am

ok i voted but i so dont understand this .when do we find out when we can buy this if we are picked? also the price they listed is that the price we would get it at? im so confused. there are 4 things i would like as two i have already purchased and could return if i got them cheepier. and one well i said no cause it was to much money but if it get it for that price great. the other ehhh just want to buy it lol

#19 Ginny123  OFFLINE  

Ginny123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 Posts
  • Member since 2008

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:50 am

Even if you are picked and ready to click on "add to cart" the second it turns 10am or whatever time it is you can purchase it...it just didn't happen for anyone. Rumors were flying about Amazon employees, there are only so many in stock..all I remember is that these boards were flooded with REALLY ticked customers.

#20 orangedaisy  OFFLINE  

orangedaisy

gotcha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 210 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:50 am

I guess it can't hurt, I voted. :)

#21 kc4braves  OFFLINE  

kc4braves

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 5:52 am

I didn't really see much to fight over this time. The mixer is a great price but I'm really not looking for one. I doubt i'll really follow it like last year. Too bad. I didn't realize so many people had had problems. I remember hearing from some who HAD gotten the prizes. Guess it was a while ago. That would really be a bummer.
:gdflower3:Kathy

#22 rachealb  OFFLINE  

rachealb

rbtranscriber

• 1,122 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 6:16 am

I just have one question- I am assuming they only offer the item out of each round that wins the most votes?

#23 Cheri17  OFFLINE  

Cheri17

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 6:30 am

I voted, but not crossing my fingers lol...:no:

Edited by Cheri17, Nov 20, 2008 - 6:30 am.
spelling

#24 Lyricsmama  OFFLINE  

Lyricsmama

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 6:35 am

I voted... The one vote was hard for me, I've wanted that N95 phone for so long now...And wanted that computer AND the flip.... UGH... picked the computer tho...

#25 MeliesMom  OFFLINE  

MeliesMom

Christina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 6:36 am

In round 4 they have a Flip video ultra!!!! exactly what I am looking for and the winning price would be $49 :shock: I would snap that up in a heartbeat. Thats what I am looking for. Everyone is voting for that asus pc though.:( I probably wouldn't get selected anyways.

#26 shopping mom  OFFLINE  

shopping mom

• 2,545 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 6:49 am

I voted, I am hoping for the Flip and the mixer. I would buy those.

#27 kpmdjm  OFFLINE  

kpmdjm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 6:54 am

i voted for the flip video also would be a great gift for my son

#28 kellane26  OFFLINE  

kellane26

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 7:03 am

Thanks! I voted. That mixer would be a sweet deal and I'd buy the flip video for my son. Otherwise, it wasn't overly exciting.

#29 j9k  OFFLINE  

j9k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 38 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 7:06 am

Flip video and Mixer for me, too! Just curious :g_think: Is there anyone out there who DID get to purchase an item from last year's Vote?? I never got picked for any of the items, but it's fun to vote!

#30 loves30  OFFLINE  

loves30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Nov 20, 2008 - 7:06 am

i found the rules i get it all now .. and the times and how much they will all sell for . if im picked .. u can buy all three at the price they will offer

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users