I got my Christmas Bonus today

tokanm

I work in a small department at a university, but all the faculty members get together and pitch in their own money to get myself and the other admin. a Christmas bonus. It's never more than $60 bucks or so, but it's so thoughtful that they give their own money to make sure we get a little extra!

I'm lucky to work for a great company. We get a bonus and a nice gift card. They are giving our bonus to us the day before Thanksgiving this year so we can use it on the BF deals. Last year we didn't get it until the middle of December. I've got most of our shopping done, thanks to this site. So it will replace what has been spent. With dh out of work, it's saving xmas for us this year. I'm very thankful for my job. :yup:

My DH gets a bonus every pay check. It's some kind of plan where they get 20% of thier base pay if they meet all the goals for that pay period. (instead of making 26 and hour he gets 28) As of right now he gets it every check, but starting first of the year he won't :( He just started with this company in Aug. and it's not up and running yet. Still trying to get the rest of the building done, but when things get going and they start making more money they raise the bonus and the base pay :D can't wait for that!!!! They will get a christmas dinner and that's about it.......oh well, there's always next year :)

We don't get a bonus either. We do get extra $$ put into our retirement fund at the end of the year though. This year its not worth putting it in there but I guess its the thought that counts. We work out of a big company associated with the University of Alabama. Our company is based out of Birmingham. You'd think they'd give them out but never have.

My Boss decided to surprise us with our bonus early this year. He wanted us to have it

for shopping or buying something for ourselves. His only rule is that we must buy ourselves

one nice thing that we wanted and we need to let him know what it is. Other than that

we can spend it how we wish. He is such a good guy..guess that is why I have been there

for 20 years now :fluffy:

Good for you that is truely great, you are lucky

my job announced layoffs today instead:(

The best Christmas bonus I ever received was when I worked for a manufacturing plant. It ended up being a little over $800 after taxes. They also gave out turkey and fixings to all permanant employees for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm sure things are leaner there this year. They started voluntary lay offs in October. I'm considered a temporary employee with Uncle Sam so no bonus for me this year.

:rwb:

Congrats! I think any company that gives out a bonus is great. I used to work for one! Haha! I left a stressful work environment to help out a new franchise owner and the chances of a bonus are slim to none. My husband also started a new job this year and has heard he will get a bonus equivalent to one weeks pay. I am not counting on it at all, but it would be nice!

I get a gift card, and then they turn around and tax me on it. Merry Christmas, right?

They tax my bonus too!! It's never huge, but they tax it anyway. In fact, there's always a chance I won't notice it in my paycheck because of the taxes! lol!

Ah well, at least we get something. My old boss used to give me a ham. That was nice. I like the money though, lol.

DH's company used to give them a turkey, but then about 5 years ago they switched it to nothing! They do have a holiday party, but it's pretty crappy (ghey prizes) and this year DH is on call so we can't go (not like it's worth while, except to see the head regional district guy wasted trying to give a crappy speech...wish I had a video of that year!) and DH is also on call for Christmas. Yes we are happy he has a job and not in any positions to be laid off unless he screws up, but still the company bends you over backwards and they give no thanks.

Good for you! It's always nice to get something like that early.

They told DH and his coworkers in July no raises and no bonuses this year. Then they switched to crappy insurance that costs more money every month. Meanwhile management gets new company cars. Well, upper management anyway. Nice huh? They went from 5% of his pay to nothing. Good thing we never counted on that bonus for anything. And it's a little company too so they could have easily given everyone a bonus for less than they paid for one car.

I work for county gov't. We have a christmas dinner at the office and then usually get a little gift of some sort. That's enough for me. I love my job.

I get my bonus next Friday with my paycheck. A whole $75 lol which is the part time bonus, $150 is full time and although I work FT hours I am classified as a PT employee. My husband works for a VERY high end top 3 in the country hospital and he gets nada. How sad is that? I think the past 2 years his boss gave him a $10 giftcard to Barnes and Noble.

Wow ok now I am feeling guilty...my boss is VERY good to us. Not only do we get a cash bonus we will also get several gifts he hand selects for us..usually a nice coat or outfit

plus one year we all got a big tv, one year a trip to Disney, one year skiing at a resort in

Vermont (Smugglers Notch). He is such a good guy..we have all been there many years

as it is truly a family and we are treated as such. I was out for 3 months with my shoulder surgery and I still get the full bonus.

I hope Santa brings all of you something special. I think I am buying myself a Wii game or

a new tv for my bedroom....still waiting for a deal ;)

Where I live a lot of companies never do anything for their employees. Where I work they give us a ham and a $100 bill. My previous employer gave us some gifts at the company party like coats, luggage and some other stuff I cant remember. My husband's employer gives the whole plant off from Dec 25 till Jan 5, WITHOUT pay, unless you have vacation or pto left and you can use that otherwise your screwed. Needless to say my $100 usually goes towards bills.

Wow ok now I am feeling guilty...my boss is VERY good to us. Not only do we get a cash bonus we will also get several gifts he hand selects for us..usually a nice coat or outfit

plus one year we all got a big tv, one year a trip to Disney, one year skiing at a resort in

Vermont (Smugglers Notch). He is such a good guy..we have all been there many years

as it is truly a family and we are treated as such. I was out for 3 months with my shoulder surgery and I still get the full bonus.

I hope Santa brings all of you something special. I think I am buying myself a Wii game or

a new tv for my bedroom....still waiting for a deal ;)

not sure if it was you that got a new piggie get him a big ball to run in!

I found out today that most years my job gives about $100 per person before taxes. HOWEVER, our budget is so tight this year that I'll be shocked if we do. The last board mtg was last night, and tomorrow is the last management meeting w/ final budget analysis for the year. So, I'm assuming I'll hear something tomorrow in light of that.