I got my Christmas Bonus today

tokanm

My Boss decided to surprise us with our bonus early this year. He wanted us to have it

for shopping or buying something for ourselves. His only rule is that we must buy ourselves

one nice thing that we wanted and we need to let him know what it is. Other than that

we can spend it how we wish. He is such a good guy..guess that is why I have been there

for 20 years now :fluffy:

we use to get a bonus.. till corp bought him out and well last yr they said no more bonus.. but my manager faught tooth and nail and said we already accounted for it . so instead of the 1000.00 we got i think 400 or maybe 500. this year . only bonus is ur lucky to have a job. every day i hear someone else was let go. i think since oct 24. i have heared about 25 and we are just a dealership. so sad.. i fear going back to work. today my boss called and told me 5 more were let go. so sick .. and sad at the same time

I work for 4 businesses at the same time (all done between the hours of 9am to 4pm), and none of them give out Christmas bonuses. And you would think that the fact one of my bosses is my brother in law, that he would give even the smallest thing, but now. Heck, he doesn]'t even give presents, but expects one.

Bah humbug!

I think this will be the first job I do not get a bonus at. (This is a new job for me this year). Though there is rumors that they have gotten them in the past. SO......who knows......

All the other physicians I worked for gave an average of 2-4 wks pay as a bonus. It's going to hurt to not get that this year.

We were told last week that there was a salary freeze and hiring freeze but they were doing this so everyone could keep their jobs. If it meant someone would lose their job - I'll pass until things get better.

No holiday bonuses for us but we are grateful we have jobs.

PS - MaryEllen I am happy you received a bonus.

That's so cool.....I wish I worked with you ! The only bonus I get is that we are closed X-mas day.

yeah...ditto, my company doesnt do bonuses either...well, at least, I never got one.

Christmas bonus :confused: What's that? LOL

We don't get anything but Christmas day off also.

My husband's company is half A$$ backwards. Their end of the year bonuses (they actually call it this) doesn't come into my husband's hands until Feb. or so.

We get our end of year bonus(if you want to call it that) in March, its only like 300 before taxes so I only end up with like 150 :mad:

Dh came home a few days ago and told me "if the store keeps trending the way it is my year end bonus will be $*,***.**! Oh, but I won't get it until March!

As much as I would like to have it for our Feb. trip to Florida, we will still have my vehicle payment so we will just put it towards that.

Congrats to those getting one! For those that are not, here's to a better year for you in 2009!

Your boss sounds like a really sweet guy. We get a core contribution to our 401k every year bu we never know how much it will be or if it is even coming each year. We can elect to take it in cash (and taxed to death) which (if we get one this year) a lot of people will do this year bc they are afraid to invest anymore in the market.

my dh gets a nice Chirstmas bonus its 4% of what he makes the only thing that stinks is that we don't get it until the first full week in december..I wish it came earlier..he also gets a ham

You are so lucky to have it already! Hope that you buy something nice for your self..

My dh used to get a nice Christmas bonus from his boss 2 years ago. However, the boss made so much money the last 2 years that instead of giving well-deserved bonuses (its the employees that make him the money!) he started going out and buying a $2 million dollar house, new car, expensive watches and expensive family vacations once every 3 months! :mad:

So, needless to say, no more bonuses....we get to go to some half-a$$ed dinner that nobody cares for anyway instead and also needless to say, dh is looking for a new job!

Be happy you all didn't get a membership in the Jelly of the Month club. :D

Our bonus is always hit or miss. There's no rhyme or reason to how much it is, or when and if we'll get one. So, it's always a nice surprise. I never bank on it, especially this year.