Target Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

I notice Target has a promotion where if you get one of the two DS bundles you get a free $10 gift card with it. Could I go to Target and price match CCs $139.99 price on the bundle and still get the $10 gift card for free? I assume you could, but I like to double check

I emailed Target and just received this email:

[I]It sounds like you have some questions about our price adjustment policy.

We're able to make adjustments on sale merchandise if we advertise a lower price either the same week or the week following your Target purchase. Adjustments can be made with your original receipt and as a reminder this service isn't available on clearance merchandise.

Items in the 2-Day sale ad during Black Friday follow normal price adjustment guidelines. Therefore, if the item was purchased on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of the same week as the sale, or any day the week before, it is eligible for price adjustment.

Want to check the price of something? Just stop by Guest Service during your next visit. Our team members will be happy to help you.

Target provides the latest merchandise at the lowest possible price. Be sure to check out our circular online and stay up-to-date with what's on-sale.[/i]

So it sounds like a go. . .

anyone know if the dvd's are different sku's on black friday at target? I know they are at walmart, but I never been to target for black friday. I'm thinking of going in and getting the house MD dvd sets (I'm thinking these would be the normal SKU on Black Friday) and some of the other cheap movies (3.98 & 5.98 ones) ahead of time and then having the price adjusted for the sale.

I want to know this too because I wont be at Target on BF, but I see a couple things that I want.

That is exactly what I did last year. I bought a few items several days before and went back in to have it adjusted. You can also have it adjusted on Saturday since it is a 2 day sale. I remember buying a waffle maker and something else. I just went to customer service and handed over my receipt and got it fixed no problem!! I will be doing that again this year too!!! I was so worried last year, that I too emailed customer service and printed out the email to take with me, but I didn't need it.

Edited by shoppingal

anyone know if the dvd's are different sku's on black friday at target? I know they are at walmart, but I never been to target for black friday. I'm thinking of going in and getting the house MD dvd sets (I'm thinking these would be the normal SKU on Black Friday) and some of the other cheap movies (3.98 & 5.98 ones) ahead of time and then having the price adjusted for the sale.

normally the same sku atleast its been the way for years...:D

That is exactly what I did last year. I bought a few items several days before and went back in to have it adjusted. You can also have it adjusted on Saturday since it is a 2 day sale. I remember buying a waffle maker and something else. I just went to customer service and handed over my receipt and got it fixed no problem!! I will be doing that again this year too!!! I was so worried last year, that I too emailed customer service and printed out the email to take with me, but I didn't need it.

Did you buy a few extra things, when you bought all the stuff early?

I mean did you buy say, some kleenex or a magazine in there with all the BF stuff, so not to look extremely suspicious, or don't they care at all?

I mean did you buy say, some kleenex or a magazine in there with all the BF stuff, so not to look extremely suspicious, or don't they care at all?

what i did was just bought strictly all bf items on one receipt, and a few other items i thought may be on sale ( under the selected others), as they have to adjust each item individually...so this makes it a tad easier on the cashier person. and if the extra items arent on sale...i have them in a bag already in the car and returnd them either later inthe day or at another target...:D

Ok I went and looked in my stash of last years christmas receipts and apparantly the only item I adjusted was the waffle maker---was 19.99 now 15.00. I did have several items on the receipt, (I have a hard time walking out with only one item!) I bought things like candy and Planters nuts to have snacks for Thanksgiving Day. I Bought the items on 11/20/07 and did the price adjustment on 11/24/07--the Saturday of the 2-day sale.

Ok I went and looked in my stash of last years christmas receipts and apparantly the only item I adjusted was the waffle maker---was 19.99 now 15.00. I did have several items on the receipt, (I have a hard time walking out with only one item!) I bought things like candy and Planters nuts to have snacks for Thanksgiving Day. I Bought the items on 11/20/07 and did the price adjustment on 11/24/07--the Saturday of the 2-day sale.

Thanks very much for your reply (fellow PA girl :)) I didn't mean to trouble you into searching through old receipts. I just thought it might look a little better if I got something else...

I think I want to try for that Magellan GPS it is 119.00 but has 5 million Points of interest.

The 99.00 one is only like 1.3 million POI.

I will have to put out 219.00 though to get the Magellan now. :eek:

I have never done the price adjustment thing and I am just concerned because it is a whole hundred dollars we are talking about.

I already emailed corporate and am taking a copy of the letter though. Wish me luck --hope they don't pull it from the display before I can get one.

Thanks very much for your reply (fellow PA girl :)) I didn't mean to trouble you into searching through old receipts. I just thought it might look a little better if I got something else...

I think I want to try for that Magellan GPS it is 119.00 but has 5 million Points of interest.

The 99.00 one is only like 1.3 million POI.

I will have to put out 219.00 though to get the Magellan now. :eek:

I have never done the price adjustment thing and I am just concerned because it is a whole hundred dollars we are talking about.

I already emailed corporate and am taking a copy of the letter though. Wish me luck --hope they don't pull it from the display before I can get one.

Hey No prob. I was starting to wonder myself what else I bought. Good luck to you with your purchase. I will be shopping at the Target in Erie.

Wow! That was ridiculously fast :D Here is the reply I just received.:

Dear D....

It sounds like you have some questions about our price adjustment policy.

We're able to make adjustments on sale merchandise if we advertise a lower price either the same week or the week after you purchased. Adjustments can be made with your original receipt and as a reminder this service isn't available on clearance merchandise.

Want to check the price of something? Just stop by Guest Service during your next visit. Our team members will be happy to help you.

Target provides the latest merchandise at the lowest possible price. Be sure to check out our circular online and stay up-to-date with what's on-sale. Click on "WeeklyAd" during your next visit to www.target.com.

Thanks for shopping with us. We'll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Martin

Target Guest Relations

Ok well there is no question about it then. I am safe. :)

I am in Pgh..shoppinggal..

Dear D....

We're able to make adjustments on sale merchandise if we advertise a lower price either the same week or the week after you purchased. Adjustments can be made with your original receipt and as a reminder this service isn't available on clearance merchandise.

Target provides the latest merchandise at the lowest possible price. Be sure to check out our circular online and stay up-to-date with what's on-sale. Click on "WeeklyAd" during your next visit to www.target.com.

Sincerely,

Martin

Target Guest Relations

Well hope you get the gps you want. I am eyeing up some dvds, the DVD player, and a few other items. Let us know how it goes!!

Im lovin this ad! I just wish they had blu-ray movies on sale and not just DVDs, but oh well! We'll just have to go somewhere else for the blu-ray movies. Normally we dont shop at target, but this BF, my husband and I will be going there. It will be our 1st stop instead of Sears like I posted earlier on another thread.

Guest HoosierShadow

I have a question.... are there no early bird's on this ad, or have they not been listed yet? Just wondering as I didn't see the sun symbol on any items.

Thanks!

I have a question.... are there no early bird's on this ad, or have they not been listed yet? Just wondering as I didn't see the sun symbol on any items.

Thanks!

It is my understanding that Target doesn't have early bird specials. All there stuff is on for 2 days...but remember the best deals/popular items will go first--and fast.

Target does restock though. ;)

Thanks for the info on Target's Price Matching. I just hope the manager doesn't say that it's a store by store choice. Do you think this might happen?

You know I don't see how they could do that. I got the same verbage in my email as Promom got. I am in PA, I don't know where she is from -her avi doesn't say...but not likely PA...

When I sent my ? to them, they didn't ask where I was or anything, so I don't think they can just go and change it per state.

One would think anyway that these stores would try to KEEP customers and make them HAPPY...so they SHOULD be very accomodating (but I am sure one of us may encounter a snotty person here or there...) just MHO.

Does anyone know if you buy an item the week of thanksgiving, then that item will have a gift card with purchase for the 2 day sale, can you get the gift card like you can the price adjustment?

that is considered a bundle. You cannot match bundles to a "dollar value".

Ok I am really happy abnout the 12 inch Audiovox LCD kitchen tv. I bought this in January for 129 on clearance, but lightning strike took it out and this is a hundred dollar savings off regular price so I will be buiying it to replace mine. I LOVED this tv and am afraid to wait for it to go on clearance after Christmas. Besides, my insurance company paid me the reg price to replace it so I am making money off it still. :)

I don't thinks so because a few years back I was afraid I was not going to get a movie so I shamelessly hid one and I found it on BF and it rang up the sale price, but again that was about four years ago.

Dear D....

Sincerely,

Martin

Target Guest Relations

I tried this same thing two years ago and even had a copy of the email with me. They refused to adjust the prices several times until I threatened to call the district manager. Just an fyi.