Are Pixos Safe?

OK, i haven't fallen off of any turnip trucks lately so i realize that Aquadots has re-emerged from their recall under a new name/packaging. My DD7 loved her aquadots and was devestated when I took them away and returned them to TRU during the recall...I was also upset since while she wouldn't eat the dots, it was very possible that our dog could've and ran the possiblity of becoming ill.

Now that Pixos are out my DD7 has prominantly placed them on her Santa list (I refused to get them for her on her birthday despite much pleading)...am I being crazy? Are they OK this time around? I guess once i lost trust in that company it made it really hard for me to give their product to my child again. Thoughts?

My son wants them too. I'm not too sure of how safe, but I'm sure they would be a lot more cautious before coming out with another product that will be recalled and lose any reputation and profits they might have made had the item been safe to begin with.

I don't know if they are any safer but both my kids are asking for them. I guess another qustion I have is can the be used in the aquadot machine? When they were recalled I just threw away the dots but kept the machine assuming they would come out with a replacement.

We use our Aquadots Studio and Pen with the Pixos and they work fine. They seem to be the same size. We have been using the new Pixos for about 2 months.

I, too, was a bit worried at first when I saw the Pixos on the shelfs. I went through and read about the testing that Spin Master had undertaken.

Because of the mess up from Spin Master before, my way of thinking is that there were under such a microscope to get this formula correct before it hit store shelfs. I have also read reports from indep. groups that tested the Pixos. All give them a passing grade.

With all that being said, our children our older and won't put them in their mouth and nor do we have any house pets.

Hope this is helpful.

The aquadots had a chemical that was used in the coating that was at least very similar if not the same as a date rape drug. How they came to discover this, I am not sure. Anyways, they DEFINATELY do not contain this new chemical in them a sthey were remade to avoid it. I am just concerned that they may stick together inside them, like if they or a pet were to swallow them since they hook together with water... I have never heard it was a problem, I just worry it could be. I worry a lot though, could be just fine.

I have three who wanted these, but I said no before they were even recalled last year, because my kids put everything in their mouths. (and I wonder why they're sick all the time!! Yikes!!)

I'm just not sold that they're safe, just because they put a new label on the box and market it under a new name.

f you put a plate of crap in front of you and then try to pass it off with some seasonings and make a nice display...you still have a plate of crap in front of you. Sorry.

:beer:

Our six year-old son has been asking for these things ever since the original AquaDots were released. We never did get around to getting them for him before the recall and we were relieved we never bought them. Now he is asking for them again and I've been unsure about getting them for him. My husband says no way, I think they may be okay. But I'm gonna follow the rule my mom taught me to go by when I didn't know if meat in the fridge was good or bad: "When in doubt, throw it out". :yup: I think Santa won't be bringing it this time, but there will be other goodies to make up for it... atleast I hope since it's at the top of his list.

My DD(8) wanted these last year before the recall so I told her she could get the PixOs. She got some for her b-day and my DS(10) loved creating w/them as well. It is basically a craft project and I don't have a problem w/them. My thinking is that they are being watched so closely and have been tested that they are probably the safest thing out there right now. They are old enough that they aren't going to be putting them in their mouth anyway.

just so you know i ordered pixos off of their website and for a $25 set they charged me $80. i called immediately. they were "closed" so i e mailed and told them to cancel the whole order. i called at 7am pst and the lady breezed over "couldn't guarantee" she could cancel the order. when i questioned her about it she got defensive and told me they may have already shipped it. All i could do was refuse the order less the $18 shipping cost and it would be refunded.

they added products i didnt order in the first place and want me to pay for shipping when i was not physically able to cancel until 7 am pst. if i dont get my money back you can be sure i will let you know! and the local news and the better business bureau and my credit card company and the attorney general. DO NOT BUY THESE OFF THEIR WEBSITE IT IS A SCAM!!!!!!!

These are on sale now on Amazon for $20.99. They are $25 at WalMart and this has no tax, so another perk...

http://www.amazon.com/o/ASIN/B0018CEQ1I/ref=nosim/msols-20

Hey awesome, that's the lowest price i've seen on this set and it's in none of the bf ads! I've decided to let her have them...my dad convinced me by saying that the company is under so much scrutiny after the recall fiasco that they cannot mess the product up again!