How much you wanna bet?

dbaby4ever

Since WM is being so snooty about their BF ad and not letting it out until Nov 24 that they will release it for on-line view and we'll get a ad circular in the mail that day too. I think they are just doing this crap to get us excited to see the ad. Which is working by the way.

Hm...you have a point dbaby4ever. I think it's funny that a company like Walmart got so up in arms over their BF ad being posted here, yet they didn't seem to hesitate to leak some of the items they plan to have on sale to CNN...interesting...just goes to show you how much GD rates with Walmart! lol!:) Nice to see GD got a mention in the article, however ;)

Our local walmart still had all the toys available last year when I went around 7:ooPM. I just ran in to get some basic house supplies and was stunned to see a lot of the black friday sale items still hanging around. A lot of them were still there 2 weeks later. Of course most of the electronics were gone though.

I have no plans to boycott Walmart and I never did. They are one of the few stores that price matches and that gives them a thumbs up in my mind.

Why would we boycott Walmart? Because they don't want their ad leaked or because of basic walmart policies? Because boycotting them because they want to hold onto thier ad is just silly imo.

Is this discussion allowed to still go on? Brad just posted some rules about the ad. Just wanting to keep everything safe for Brad and the site.

But no one has broken any of the rules that I'm aware of. To my knowledge noone actually has seen the ad and we're not talking specifics.

DO NOT POST THE AD SCANS

DO NOT POST THE AD ITEM LISTS

DO NOT POST "LETTERS TO SANTA" OR ANY OTHER ATTEMPT TO DISGUISE THE AD INFO

DO NOT POST LINKS TO OTHER SITES THAT MIGHT HAVE THE AD

DO NOT GIVE INSTRUCTIONS FOR HOW TO FIND THE AD ON TORRENTS, ETC...

DO NOT ASK PEOPLE TO PM OR E-MAIL YOU ABOUT THE AD

Since WM is being so snooty about their BF ad and not letting it out until Nov 24 that they will release it for on-line view and we'll get a ad circular in the mail that day too. I think they are just doing this crap to get us excited to see the ad. Which is working by the way.

To answer the original questions, I am positive that most will receive ads in the mail on Monday. In recent years, Walmart has always released their BF ads on the Monday preceding BF. If I recall correctly, some people will get them on the Saturday before in the mail.

Guest HoosierShadow

Well I hope Walmart has a decent ad this year. Silly that they are trying to be so 'protective' of it. But it's their decision.

We have 3 super walmarts and a dept store walmart in the town next to us. I typically go to the one on the northside of town, it's away from all the other stores, BUT, this year I think I"ll head to the other one if I even go there depending on their ad.

Last year, it was my first stop, and I found the dvd's I needed, a few toys, but the clothing sizes were already all gone that I needed for my kids.

I'm depending on Walmart and Toys r us now to 'surprise' me...heh.

Guest mldepalma

THIS STINKS MY WALMART DON'T PM AT ALL ON THAT DAY :mad: THEY LOSE ME AS A CUSTOMER THAT DAY!!!!!!!:mad:

Mine does't PM either... it is a bummer, but it makes me work harder to get the deals - I just have to actually go to every store that has a deal... It is almost like a game; wouldn't want it to be TOO easy, right... LOL

i didnt knwo any walmarts still didnt PM...Didnt they even have commericals last year about how they would do it (at least in the michigan area)

I agree. I think it is Wal-Mart policy as a company to price match. I don't think managers have a choice about that - managers do have some discretion to bend rules of price matching. That is the way I read the pricematching policy on the corporate website. http://walmartstores.com/7659.aspx

I think if your store refuses to price match you need to complain to corporate. If you don't speak up they won't know that anything is wrong. Don't assume someone else is doing it. You know what they say about assuming things ;)

The Official Walmart "Check Out" Blog seems to indicate that what we are seeing on the various Black Friday sites regarding Sams Club at least may be bogus and there may be some surprises. The following quote from a Sams Club Gaming Buyer:

"In all seriousness, as consumers, we should really look at these Black Friday websites with a bit of scrutiny. I can assure you, not everything you see there is accurate. Unlike some other companies, we do not "leak" out this information. No one asked us if the information was valid before posting it. I can tell you this, we will provide some information early and even have plans to let out a few surprises on this very website where we will do out best to ensure it is accurate."

http://checkoutblog.com/

it is the company policy but it is up to the mgmt to decide if it applies to special sales and also to decide the distance it will price match

i still think if i was in an area that didnt I would inquire politely to corporate why its the norm in the majority of the areas and since your store doesnt choose to participate it doesnt make WM the *must go* place like it is for those of us that can PM....Probably wont accomplish anything but theres always the chance it may and it cost nothing btu a few minutes of your time

i still think if i was in an area that didnt I would inquire politely to corporate why its the norm in the majority of the areas and since your store doesnt choose to participate it doesnt make WM the *must go* place like it is for those of us that can PM....Probably wont accomplish anything but theres always the chance it may and it cost nothing btu a few minutes of your time

oh I agree I have many of times had the main office number on my cell phone and called to have them price match for me..but I now go to the town 8 miles from me and they do it no problem

it is the company policy but it is up to the mgmt to decide if it applies to special sales and also to decide the distance it will price match

The distance part I read as correct, however, I didn't read anything about special sales on the website. It stated no bogo, no percents off, no buy something to get the "sale" price, but I didn't see a thing about "special" sales - ie black friday. Did I miss it? I mean if a store price matches it price matches right? Who cares what day it is - I think I would call corporate to get the info from them if I was at a store which didn't price match on BF. Thank goodness my closest store does!

I think there are people though on a couple of these threads that are saying that their Wal-Mart doesn't price match at all period - anytime. Now unless they live someplace where there just isn't another store for miles and miles then I can't see how those stores get away with that.

I posted this in other thread somewhere so I won't rehash the whole horrid story. But don't count on your Wal-Mart price matching (especially any early bird or doorbuster deals - but also the other all day BF deals). The manager of my local store verified to me directly before BF that they were price matching but on BF once I was in line suddenly they weren't price matching. Wasted a ton of time and was told by employees that "I" need to go get a manager myself - it was just horrible.

One thing I have noticed about WalMart's doorbusters or whatever they call them - they are always the cheapest crap in the store. They are never good quality toys. Like last year they had that pretend nursery set for baby dolls, yet that fell apart 2 weeks after Christmas, and there has been more than one thing that was missing pieces or damaged once I got it home and inspected it.

I'm not boycotting them because of the ad drama, I'm boycotting them cause they hands down have the worst customer service, cheaply made products, horrible lines, and dirty cluttered stores. I want to enjoy my BF experience, not have a panic attack from it...lol.