Nothing special this black friday

moondancer69

Well I am so confused, I was one of the people camped out from 11:00 am Thursday morning for the $200 laptop last year. I was EXCITED.

However I was SURE it was in the add. Are you guys sure it was not??

I wanted SO bad to be able to get my son a laptop this year but if there is nothing 200 or less I cant pull it off.

Big bummer .....

Well I am so confused, I was one of the people camped out from 11:00 am Thursday morning for the $200 laptop last year. I was EXCITED.

However I was SURE it was in the add. Are you guys sure it was not??

I wanted SO bad to be able to get my son a laptop this year but if there is nothing 200 or less I cant pull it off.

Big bummer .....

No, it was not in the ad, it was listed on their website Thanksgiving week, and I believe there was a commercial or two promoting it, as well as the cheap name brand tv's they were offering.

No, it was not in the ad, it was listed on their website Thanksgiving week, and I believe there was a commercial or two promoting it, as well as the cheap name brand tv's they were offering.

Thank you, I guess Ill just have to sit tight and wait and see ....

I had to sign up to this forum and let Best Buy know that this is the lamest BF ad I have ever seen from them. Very disappointing. BB got me hooked on the BF experience years ago. But, over the past several years I have been noticing a decline in exciting deals. This year's SUCKS. I believe that my online shopping of sites like Buy, Amazon, and DeepDiscountDVD will, for the first time, dominate my budget this year. I hope BB issue a last-minute coupon or similar to reclaim their place as my #1 destination on BF. As it looks right now, I'm going to stay in bed...

P.S. Love your site, GottaDeal!

Is anyone else, besides me, thinking that theres not really anythign special going on this black friday?? Especially at best buy. yeah theres a few deals on some TV's.. but nothing I can't get on sale during the year.

The ONLY good deal I've seen is the Wii with 3 coltrollers and 3 games for $224 at Sam's Club.

Nothing at bestbuy... OH and the 9.99 bluetooth at Staples I think.

Where are all the $99 GPS's like there were last year?????

The Wii I saw on BF at Sams was 425.00. Where did you see the 224 deal??

Iwllrserve final judgement until the "last second" deals are announced. I am betting there will be a couple of really good deals in that. Overall, about the type of add I expected from them. I mean, work on this was started late alst year and probably finished in the spring.

Plus, I am not one to normally venture to any of the BB near me. WAY too many people given where I live. So the stuff that isn't doorbusters that interest me I will probably look at online. Like DVDs and such.

There was supposed to be a WII bundle for $224.....where did you see $425?? :confused:

I KNEW it was a misprint!!!! :razz:

The color ad scan def. shows $224, but the ad list scan says $425. when you click

the little camera icon in the list, the Wii photo comes up but without the price. hmmmmmm.

Iwllrserve final judgement until the "last second" deals are announced. I am betting there will be a couple of really good deals in that. Overall, about the type of add I expected from them. I mean, work on this was started late alst year and probably finished in the spring.

Plus, I am not one to normally venture to any of the BB near me. WAY too many people given where I live. So the stuff that isn't doorbusters that interest me I will probably look at online. Like DVDs and such.

I agree. I have been doing BB for as long as I can remember, but last year I would have done CC if not for the last minute specials. I expected a really bad ad this year, harder for the other retailers to match your deals if they do not know what they really are until last minute. I expect everyone will be excited about BB in 14 days.

Do the naysayers remember last year's ad? What exactly is so horrible about this year's printed ad over last year's? Specifically. Did they forget that the "real" doorbusters didn't make it into the printed ad last year? Do they consider that by NOT printing door-buster deals that gives them the flexibility to offer even BETTER surprise deals?

I really hope that everyone who complains DOESN'T camp out.... it will help reverse a trend of longer lines being formed earlier.

Thank goodness I don't have to worry about standing in line at BB. I can almost get most of these deals at Costco now:eyepoppin The w/d deal at sears is the best thing going right now for BF.

I hear that. I can go to Costco right now and walk out with a 32" 720p lcd for $399 or 42" 1080p lcd for $699. I figured we'd see a 32" from BB for about $350, not to mention another desktop for $150-$200. What a joke. They better redeem themselves with the last minute deals.

Im a heavy BF fan, and from what I can see theres nothing that says WAIT TILL BF!

Im looking to spend 900-1000$ on a laptop with blu ray. I was hopeing for some really good blu ray deals. Theres no blu ray push! All the blu ray stuff that there selling at sub-standard prices, are old models. The only SOMEWHAT good deal for me, is the Sony Vaio 899.99 besbuy laptop with the free blu ray movie.

But right now for 899.99 you can get a HP Pavillion on there website with a 17in screen and a bigger HD and dedicated video memory card. Do I want to wait 24 hours for a sony vaio with a small hd, small screen, and a free bond movie..

No. I just may skip this year. :no: :no: :no:

There ad is nothing different then what is out, except thats its got a few "oh look a 400$ laptop". :yawn:

But right now for 899.99 you can get a HP Pavillion on there website with a 17in screen and a bigger HD and dedicated video memory card. Do I want to wait 24 hours for a sony vaio with a small hd, small screen, and a free bond movie..

Nobody lines up for a $900 laptop - just get it on Friday evening (if you wanted it) or order it online.

Why couldnt best buy put out an ad as good as CC's though? you would think they would.

It doesn't really matter now for a lot of places now. Not that anyone knew this way back when, but here in Kansas City we don't get the CC deals and BB knows it - they don't even have to price match :(

It doesn't really matter now for a lot of places now. Not that anyone knew this way back when, but here in Kansas City we don't get the CC deals and BB knows it - they don't even have to price match :(

Yes BUT customers do have the option of getting the CC deals online (free shipping over $49 I think) so thats going to hurt Best Buy.