Nothing special this black friday

moondancer69

Is anyone else, besides me, thinking that theres not really anythign special going on this black friday?? Especially at best buy. yeah theres a few deals on some TV's.. but nothing I can't get on sale during the year.

The ONLY good deal I've seen is the Wii with 3 coltrollers and 3 games for $224 at Sam's Club.

Nothing at bestbuy... OH and the 9.99 bluetooth at Staples I think.

Where are all the $99 GPS's like there were last year?????

I agree! Like Brad said when the financial bailout came and stock market went down, I don't think we will see GREAT deals in BF ads simply because the ads where done prior to the knowledge of the mass Financial crisis. I think they will try to bring people in with their last minute deals. I hope so anyway. Although the BR Players for 179.00 are a really good price.

I am finding that pre black friday sales are better than BF. I mean I am done shopping for EVERYONE except MIL, and DH. I have gotten great deals just from watching the threads on here. I would love to eliminate the sleeping on the sidewalk for one year....although I love the rush

I really thought that BB would have a BF ad that would have Doorbusters that would be worth waiting in line; however, I feel that is not the case this year. Although a few items I feel I would have no problem picking up at my leisure on BF, my time will be better spent at other locations. Therefore, I am in agreement with everyone thus far that BB's ad was not impressive.

You all said the same thing last year: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=87715

:P

yep and I was one of them and back home hooking up my 37" Olevia by 10am. My ONLY deals last year were the tv at Target and some shoes at Shoe Carnival. Best Buy's ad was lacking last year too. I'm not giving up on BF yet though because I still am waiting for Target, Walmart, Kmart BF, Kohls, Shoe Carnival, Menards, and Big Lots in that order lol

I agree, nothing has caught my attention, i was expecting a special deal on a particular police scanner at Radio Shack but no dice. I hope Walmart will have some decent stuff, the only thing form Best Buy that has my attention is the 19" lcd tv(assuming it may have Hdmi and can do at least 720p

yeah. i thought i would see some KNOCK MY SOCKS OFF deals as well.

the bestbuy ad is a joke. nothing super amazing.

so far no awesome deals on any door buster items... we're only really waiting for what.. target, circuit city and walmart?

HOPEFULLY target will pul through!!! :)

I got the 37" olevia last year as well. :)

true but last year they at least had the $200 laptop and if I remember right the laptop bags were $20, just nothing earth shaking this time unless ya need a tv.

do you think that they will have another special right before thanksgiving like last year?

I'm still looking for a TV, even though I really don't need it, for my newborn's room (so my wife can watch TV while feeding or something like that). But the TV deals weren't really that amazing for me either. The $399 32" deal... horrible. I can find that if I search a little on the internet. Seriously. Bad move on BestBuy's part. :yuck:

true but last year they at least had the $200 laptop and if I remember right the laptop bags were $20, just nothing earth shaking this time unless ya need a tv.

do you think that they will have another special right before thanksgiving like last year?

That $200 laptop least year was NOT in the BF flyer though. It was one of those last-minute deals. The only thing that I see that is noticeably worse than in years past is that there is no desktop PC bundle for under $200 in the flyer. It will probably be a last-minute announcement.

While I would have liked to have seen the $200 laptop and $179 desktop listed I think they will still be added as usual.

Nice deal on the Nuvi 205. I like the $99 19" LCD Monitor. Decent price on the 1TB My Book. The $299 desktop is still a good deal. Good storage, memory adequate for my intended use, nice monitor, Vista Home Premium versus the Basic!

This will make for a nice PC for my 11 year olds. Neighbor needs a laptop and the Toshiba listed at $379 will be great for his needs.

No, I haven't bailed on BB this BF. I will be picking up these items and hoping for the usual late announced DBs.