what clothing brand do you buy for your kids?

nelly

I don't particularly think of the brand...I just go for the price (the cheaper the better of course LOL) but I'm starting to think that maybe a way to save money is to buy quality clothing for the kids rather than worry too much about the price. Is there one that you like because it is durable yet stylish. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!:yup:

I don't always get DD5's clothes from Sears, but I do like their kidvantage. If something gets messed up they replace the same size and style or similar for free. I also like to get her clothes from Landsend. For some reason they hold up very well. I am constantly checking their clearance page to see if I can get something.

My son usually outgrows his clothes by the next time they are in season so I dont spend a lot for any particular brand. I do buy him long sleeved tees and then put the short sleeve tees (now on clearance) over them for a layered look and get him the pants that zip off into shorts so he doesn't need a whole new wardrobe every time the seasons change. The zip off pants from walmart have stayed in great shape. He is only 6 so I figure I will save buying the less expensive stuff now cause once he gets older he will want whatever brand all the other kids have.

i tend to buy all the basics(t shirts, long sleeve shirts, jeans) from target or walmart and then the cuter things from Justice(for my DD) and target for my DS's. I am glad i only have 1 DD as she likes to shop in Justice and it can be expensive but we mostly buy from the clearance section. she is starting to really like the girly-looking things.

Old Navy & The Childrens place sometimes the gap but I only buy at these stores when they have HUGE sales and I stock up for the whole year no matter the season or I get them off ebay. Especially the jeans because my DD6 can go through jeans like no other (tomboy)

We buy nearly 75% of DDs clothes from childrens place. We tend to tear knees out quickly and even the cotton pants(like scrub material kinda) they made the capris from 3 years ago havent torn out at knees while any jeans from Walmart or target rarely last a full season. Also most pants/skirts at TCP have the adjustable waist so we can buy a size up and wear longer.

Most of my sons clothes come from Aero and Abercrombie.Altough expensive Aeros sale rack is always $4,$5,$6. you cant beat those prices.Sweatshirts are always like $19.99 or $24.99 thats the same as targets price and they hold up well.My DS is in 7th and although it shouldnt matter you know kids these days, its all about the brand.I get his jeans from Abercrombie on sale.They hold very well and he deosnt seem to destroy the knees like he has in other brands.Sometimes saving money doesnt necessarly mean quality especially when you have to replace them more often.My daughter loves Limited and CP.

I used to dress my kids almost entirely out of Old Navy...then they closed up here, so now most of their stuff comes from Kohls, Target and Walmart

My ds 13 wears only Levi's...mostly cause they are the only ones that fit him right...for shirts since he's a 'teen' now, I try to be a bit more trendy so he has SOME Hawk, South Pole and Aeropostel stuff...but honestly, I think the store brand stuff is just as cool and sometimes lasts longer than the expensive stuff

my twin ds 10's wear whatever I find on sale...they have various brands of pants all bought on clearance, shirts that are almost totally from Walmart...at this age, they out grow before they really wear out, so I would just rather pay $8 for a shirt they will wear for 6 months then toss or donate it when they are done

Macy's on sale---I've picked up homecoming/prom/cotillion dresses for $15 to $30--Jessica McClintock, etc. American Eagle (on sale) the jeans fit and last forever.

When DD was younger, Gymboree, on sale. Those clothes were babyproof. I think some of them are still being worn by friends and family--and DD is 14!

It depends on the age of the kids. When my kids were small, I bought stuff for dirt cheap on clearance at Target, so I didn't really care about the quality since it was so inexpensive.

Now that they are teens, I shop for them alot at places that sell name brands for less .. like TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Rugged Warehouse and even resale places like Plato's Closet. I refuse to spend alot of money on clothes for fashion fickle teens!

I have never went wrong with Gap espically jeans. DS5 has been in gap jeans since birth and I have never had a problem with them. They always last. I have tried others and I have never been happy. I do wish they were cheaper but they have alot of B1G1-50% off sales. I also like their play sets. I hate when clothes get "twisted" when you wash them and gap has never done that for me.

My DD12 wears mostly aeropostale- i can get great deals in there with their coupons so I love it there. My DS12 likes abercrombie so i only shop from the clearance there and usually only tops the pants are always too pricey and DD9 likes Limitedtoo- and i only buy their clearance as well but with coupons and toobucks i can get stuff for like $3-$5! Usually pants/jeans are from Penny's or Kohl's - they are cute and hold up well

I don't always get DD5's clothes from Sears, but I do like their kidvantage. If something gets messed up they replace the same size and style or similar for free. I also like to get her clothes from Landsend. For some reason they hold up very well. I am constantly checking their clearance page to see if I can get something.

I knew about Sears replacing jeans if they get worn out but I didn't know it applies to other clothes, does it?

I found that it depended on the kid. If I bought something that they did not like, then it didn't matter if it lasted forever because it wouldn't get worn.

I used to buy a lot at Target Clearance. Now I can't find a thing there....that they would wear.

Yeah, that's what I've doing..buying a lot of their clothes from the 75%off target clearance. But sometimes I buy it not because I think it's an awesome piece but more because it's an ok item of clothing and my kids are still not that picky..they are 8 and under including 3 boys.

ehhh.. .my kids outgrow most stuff before the wear it out. and they don't grow much. they have a lot of pass-me-downs... .so all brands.

Also, a lot of children's place. And lately DD has been scooping up on Old Navy

I buy some Children's Place items every now and then but I haven't paid attention to see if they hold up better than say Target children's clothes.

My son usually outgrows his clothes by the next time they are in season so I dont spend a lot for any particular brand. I do buy him long sleeved tees and then put the short sleeve tees (now on clearance) over them for a layered look and get him the pants that zip off into shorts so he doesn't need a whole new wardrobe every time the seasons change. The zip off pants from walmart have stayed in great shape. He is only 6 so I figure I will save buying the less expensive stuff now cause once he gets older he will want whatever brand all the other kids have.

What you do sounds really smart..especially your pants w/the zipper. For the most part my 6yo is not picky either but I do wonder how things will change once they start to be more mindful of how they look...wonder when that starts?

i tend to buy all the basics(t shirts, long sleeve shirts, jeans) from target or walmart and then the cuter things from Justice(for my DD) and target for my DS's. I am glad i only have 1 DD as she likes to shop in Justice and it can be expensive but we mostly buy from the clearance section. she is starting to really like the girly-looking things.

I am not familiar w/Justice but that's ok LOL!! My dd just turned 8 and is not aware of fancy/expensive stores yet. But I hadn't thought that I should buy the basics at more reasonable priced places like Target and leave some items for the more expensive stores.

Old Navy & The Childrens place sometimes the gap but I only buy at these stores when they have HUGE sales and I stock up for the whole year no matter the season or I get them off ebay. Especially the jeans because my DD6 can go through jeans like no other (tomboy)

What store do you like to get her jeans from? I never really go to the Gap because I think they are expensive, but you are right, I need to keep an eye out for their clearance.

We buy nearly 75% of DDs clothes from childrens place. We tend to tear knees out quickly and even the cotton pants(like scrub material kinda) they made the capris from 3 years ago havent torn out at knees while any jeans from Walmart or target rarely last a full season. Also most pants/skirts at TCP have the adjustable waist so we can buy a size up and wear longer.

I am sooo glad to have those adjustable waists. And even more grateful to find them at places like Target. But you are right, TCP has them and I really like them for that too.

Gymboree & Gap for DD's school/public clothing(bought during sales) and Target/Walmart for play.

DS13 wears shirts from Aeropostale, Abercrombie and Fox. Jeans are Old Navy or Arizona

Gymboree is one of those stores that I wish I could buy more clothes from. Their coordination of the tops and bottoms are soo cute. But they are too expensive for me. Yet I wonder even if I take the price out of the equation, will it still be a quality item that I should get? For me, even when they have some clearance, it is still expensive but if I hear from ya'll that their clothes is good quality then I'll think about it again and perhaps buy more from there.