Some info on BB Black Friday

Guest CS.Dean

I got the Toshiba laptop on sale this week at BB for $499. It is a AMD Turion 15inch screen 3gb upgradeable to 4gb 250 hard drive. So happy I ordered it online for DD.

Woo Hoo this is my 1,000 post.

Edited by racerfan
1,000 post added

Actually after looking at the Ad a little more its not that bad. Looks like there is not huge must have this year. However, there are a few good deals. I found some other things I like.

1. Samsung Rant for $19.99 ( I have been wanting to buy this phone, but currently its $49 after $50 MIR everywhere), plus the free car charger and what looks like blue tooth headset is a good deal.

2. Scandisk 4GB memory stick Duo for $19.99 is also a nice price.

I just have to decide if these are worth waiting in line for 12+ hours for. Then again, being that currently there is no huge must have maybe I can line up around 10p 0r midnight and still get what I want.

Well there are some good deals but nothing that any of the other store's don't have.

I was looking for a $199 computer deal like last year because a BB is right down the street from me this year.:smart:

But if you use you eyes and your ears you will see a trend happening here.

1 Sears nothing too crazy but they are saying come to the store to see some stuff thats not in the ad. Right?:smart:

2 The ad's are creeping out very very slow. Why?

3 I hear on the news that HDTV's are going to be "cheap" "after Thanksgiving" they are not saying that the deals are going to be on Black Friday.

So I think by seeing all this and hearing all this that they are not going to have crazy doorbusters they have some for Black Friday but I think they are going to stretch it out.

I think they will have great deals on HDTV's and Blue Ray dvd's and players after Black Friday up till Christmas I think like always they will limit the amount they have in the store.

Think about it.

During the year you do see some killer deals on things.:yup:

Something to keep in mind.:yup:

I believe the ad has some very good deals, but not on big ticket items. They got a good price on the Garmin 260w, some good movie deals, and some real cheap accessories. The latop deals are good as well. The people usually complaining about no good deals are the ones looking for a laptop under 300 dollars, or a name brand plasma for 600, but why waste print space for cheap junk that will sell out in minutes, when they can advertise products that they actually make some profit off of, like the laptop bundles.

Best Buy's print ads usually offer better quality products, and they tend to save all the blowout doorbuster deals for unadvertised specials listed on their website. It seemed to work last year, the lines were enormous at stores, I can't forget the Youtube videos from last November of the huge lines and pushing and shoving to get in the stores. Yet, last year everyone complained about Best Buy's ad up till the day before Thanksgiving.

It seems like a repeat is about to happen.

I believe the ad has some very good deals, but not on big ticket items. They got a good price on the Garmin 260w, some good movie deals, and some real cheap accessories. The latop deals are good as well. The people usually complaining about no good deals are the ones looking for a laptop under 300 dollars, or a name brand plasma for 600, but why waste print space for cheap junk that will sell out in minutes, when they can advertise products that they actually make some profit off of, like the laptop bundles.

Best Buy's print ads usually offer better quality products, and they tend to save all the blowout doorbuster deals for unadvertised specials listed on their website. It seemed to work last year, the lines were enormous at stores, I can't forget the Youtube videos from last November of the huge lines and pushing and shoving to get in the stores. Yet, last year everyone complained about Best Buy's ad up till the day before Thanksgiving.

You work for Best Buy don't you....come one ADMIT IT!!!!!

Our lines were 200 plus strong. No pushing or shoving due to the ticket system, the fire code, and the police...it was simply get in and get out.

I'm counting on the $229 Toshiba. If they have the Dell that someone mentioned earlier with no cd/dvd for $209 - $229 it's really not worth the price IMO. I'm going to be at Best Buy regardless since they have some other good deals but the best deals are usually kept hidden until Thanksgiving Day when I'm already in line just anticipating them. With CC pretty much out of business I wouldn't count on the same type of deals from BB in the future, this could be their last good ad if they have no real competition. In fact the Toshiba Laptop BB has for $379 (reg. price $649) appears to be the same one in the CC ad for $649, which would not even be a sale price.

The reason is BB's past practice. Everyone forgets that the best deals are the ones they put on the website on Thanksgiving. At this time the ad looks decent but not great, but I count on the fact that they will have the cheap laptops, but like you said, they will be sold out within the first 3 minutes of them giving out the tickets. Great laptops BTW, I got the Toshiba for $229 and the Emachine desktop for $199, both running great and excellent deals. The only downfall on the Toshiba laptop is the video card was only a 32 bit so I am looking to upgrade this year to the 128 bit $379 or $479 Toshiba laptops. I'll still grab the $229 one though for my kids, and probably another Emachines desktop.

I bought my blu ray laptop last night, I found a better deal with this bestbuy 2 day sale. Ill still wait inline for a friend for the 379$ or cheaper laptop. Unless they have a nice GPS or blu ray standalone for cheap, I won't get anything else.

which blu-ray laptop did you get? that's what i'm looking for

Hello all, new on here. Just getting into the BF shenanigans, last yr all i got was an olevia HDTV from kmart, but this year looking to score a new laptop. Was wondering if that Sony Vaio 4gb RAM, 250 GB HDD w/ Blu-Ray is legit??? I know some people have been saying the ad is a fake, but just in case its not or if that item really is on sale, I'm looking for something like that. Any info/tips?

Thanks Brad I really hope BB puts up a $199 desktop on their website a few days before Black Friday because I missed it last year there 80 people on line at 11 p.m

Yea don't feel bad the same thing happened to me last year too.:eek:

And I checked at three other stores with no luck like 100 + people there.:yup:

I hope they have that deal this year but I'm not holding my breath.

The laptop will not have a CD/DVD drive? I so hope that is wrong. That makes the laptop and without that I might as well play with my kids XO laptop. :rolleyes: Even the ones that that had last year for $150 had a CD/DVD drive. Maybe thay mean it will be a different type of drive. Again, I hope that info is wrong..:yup:

What laptop did you see last year for $150? The cheapest laptop was $229, desktop was $199. I got both, and yes they both had DVD writers.

I bought my blu ray laptop last night, I found a better deal with this bestbuy 2 day sale. Ill still wait inline for a friend for the 379$ or cheaper laptop. Unless they have a nice GPS or blu ray standalone for cheap, I won't get anything else.

We all say that right up until they give out the tickets, lol. Come on, you know you're going to get both the $229 laptop and the $379, lol. Same thing where I was last year. This one girl the entire night said she was only there to keep her friend company and wasn't going to buy anything. When the door opened to give out the tickets, guess who was the first to get the laptop? Makes no sense to stay all night and get nothing. At least find a few items to get, no one can leave BB on BF empty-handed. I usually require a U-boat cart to get my items out, lol.

Yea don't feel bad the same thing happened to me last year too.:eek:

And I checked at three other stores with no luck like 100 + people there.:yup:

I hope they have that deal this year but I'm not holding my breath.

The $299 desktop is a nice system. It is not a full size desktop. According to the research I did it is anly 10.7" high, most are about 15 or 16". Plus it has an 18.5" screen. Last year it only had a 15". I got it last year and it still works 100%, never had a problem. Well worth the $100 for the upgrades from last year, but I'd still like to see the $199 desktop as well.