Give us ideas for more contests & win a BF t-shirt - CONTEST OVER!

Brad

OK, with 26 days to go until Black Friday I've only given away roughly half of the shirts, but I am quickly running out of unique ideas for contests to run here on the forum, so I'm turning to you...

Reply to this thread with at least one idea for a contest that could be done on the forum to give away one or more shirts. Make sure it's something we haven't done already.

I'll accept ideas until Tuesday at 11am ET. At that point I'll randomly pick 3 members who submitted one or more ideas in the thread and they will win a t-shirt. And hopefully you will give me some good ideas for ways to give away the rest of the shirts.

what crazy thing are you willing to do to win a shirt? send photo as proof. Go on side of public street with a sign that says gottadeal.com and put a pic. of you doing it online. Do nice things for ten diff. people during the day and show proof. the first person to convince a store to leak its ad gets a shirt. Edited by primal
changed wording to be more clear

Heres an idea:

Ask people why they should be the one to win a BF shirt. And whatever response seems the best would win the shirt.

For the creative people:

Make a contest to where people would create a picture either on their computer or on a piece of paper and have them scan it, and the picture would be an "ad" for gottadeal.com for BF. Whoever creates the best "ad" would win.

A) Someone must print something with GottaDeal on it, and go to a public place, and hand it out to at least 3 people.

B) Simple reply to a forum.

C) Trivia

D) Using 5 words or less, describe BF and why you love it.

E) Write a Poem about GottaDeal

F) Tell Brad how nice he is and why you deserve a shirt.

G) Tell us what got you started on BF.

H) What was your first BF Experience like

I) Describe what BF means to you WITHOUT using the words Black Friday, shopping, deals, early, cold, or crazy.

J) Print out a GottaDeal logo and "drop" it somewhere in a public store that has BF.

K) Get a job at a store that has BF, get the ad, send it to GD, then quit. (Little extreme?)

L) Simply tell us about yourself

M) Do something embarising that promotes BF on GottaDeal.

Thats all I can come up with right now. lol.

Name that movie - Post a quote from a holiday movie for us to guess

Name that holiday song - Same as above but either words from song or short clip from it

Have us post video reply to youtube of why we love gottadeal or best deal we've gotten because of gottadeal

Edited by littlezar
Editing to add more! :)

First person to get ten people to sign up with gotta deal then they have to post to the contest thread and name the person that got them to join.

Make your own tee shirt most creative wins a real tee shirt

Creative poster contest

1.write a press release for Gottadeal

2. Write an why you love Gottadeal all year long

3.write about the best deal you have found on Gotta deal before, during and after Black friday.

4. Tell about some one you have become a friend with here on Gottadeal.

5.Best Holiday tradtion

Random acts of kindness during the Holiday's

Edited by Illinoismom

completly stolen from another website:

Some contests that work better for having a winner each time include, Be There or Be Square and the Countdown Game. A game that only works well with a prize is the Countdown Game. In this game the original poster starts with a number, say 100, then each subsequent poster posts the next number down (99, 98 etc.) until you get to zero. Beforehand the person running the game has selected a secret number (or several numbers). At the end of the game, whoever has posted the secret numbers is a winner!

In Be There or Be Square, I give a prize to someone who is active on the message board when I check at a certain time. Usually I do this three or four times during the week.

A Post the Most contest is a month-long contest during which participants participate actively on the board. At the end of the month I check the number of posts participants have made and a prize goes to the top poster.

It didn'y say it had to be original..... I just have (he he) Handy Fingers!

Name that movie - Post a quote from a holiday movie for us to guess

Name that holiday song - Same as above but either words from song or short clip from it

Have us post video reply to youtube of why we love gottadeal or best deal we've gotten because of gottadeal

I love these!!!

Hmmm, See how many Holiday words you can create out of the the words "gottadeal" or "black Friday." The most wins?

Post a joke (clean) and the one with the most "lol's" wins?

Find the best deal for a certain item and you win?

This could be fun! :cheesy:

promote gottadeal on other sites....post link so you can check....person who promotes the most gets a shirt

For example I go to a couple local forums, I could post a Hey check out gotta deal they have some great deals for this tight Christmas season. (Which I already have!) I also go to TBO.com quite a bit and I could do a signature line with gottadeal in it. NO SPAM!!!