Sears Black Friday Ad Posted

Brad

Does anyone know the price match policy for Sears? Reason I ask is I have my eye on the Panasonic Lumix TZ4 camera that appears in the black friday ad. I called my store today and they said that as long as it's not a doorbuster they will price match anything within 30 days as long as I come in on BF for that promo price. However when I stopped at that same store later in the day I asked the clerk and he said no, we will not price match a BF price, even if it's not a doorbuster. I am going on vacation next week so I was hoping to get this camera early and take advantage of the price match policy next month.. Any thoughts or past experiences are greatly appreciated, thanks!

Are you talking about the one for $199.99?

Don't waste your time - it's cheaper elsewhere now:

http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/item/features/495350050/

Don't waste your time - it's cheaper elsewhere now

As are most of the "doorbusters". Sorry, I think the ad is terrible on the majority of items. There are a few true doorbusters, but geez. You'd figure in this economy you'd see more loss leaders to get you in.

I guess they are banking on the gazillion "doorbusters" that the majority of people won't realize the deals aren't so great.

Then again, I guess I'm not a clothes doorbuster guy. Ha!

I hope the other stores don't follow this idea!

• 2 weeks later...

There are a couple of items in the ad scan that I don't see on the list... like on p.44 the 6 pack diamond plate floor mats... on p.36 the PNY sd cards and flash drive... is there a reason or just an oversight or am I just missing them?

Also, on p.37 there is a pic of some colorful flash drives, but no text or price to go with them??? Anyone have any ideas?

I just went and looked at the sears ad again...the price on the washer and dryer set has changed...it now says $699. What is going on with that? Anybody know?

The doorbuster price on the front page of the ad is $599. The price for the rest of the sale is $699.

the Sony blue ray on sale on black Fri is it worth the money? also i see it on sale at kmart on thanksgiving day same model # and price

I have the older versions of Sony blu ray and love it. Hope to get in on this one on BF. I do wonder how it compares with the Sharp Aquos blu ray that will be on sale on Friends and Family night.

BTW, BB has this same Sony blu ray on sale on BF for $249. ????

the Sony blue ray on sale on black Fri is it worth the money? also i see it on sale at kmart on thanksgiving day same model # and price

Money magazine tested several Blu-Rays and the Sony BDP-S350 was one of them. This is what they said:

Thumbs Up: Its picture quality is impressive for both blue-ray disks and DVDs and you can upgrade it to 2.0 for free. The price is right too. It's not as speedy as its PlayStation 3 cousin, but it's faster than any other budget player we've tried.

Thumbs Down: It doesn't offer 7.1 HD audio capabilities unless you have a separate HDMI receiver. Also, setup can be tricky as the directions are a bit baffling.

The Big Picture: If you're not an audiophile and don't care about video games, this is a good option for the money.

get the washers and dryer set this sunday from 6 to 9pm in store or 6pm to 6am online for 30 bucks more ($629). you do not need to deal with black friday crowds. check www.sears.com/vip

Ok. Does one have to do something to become a VIP or do I just show up? Edited by dtdoda

I have the older versions of Sony blu ray and love it. Hope to get in on this one on BF. I do wonder how it compares with the Sharp Aquos blu ray that will be on sale on Friends and Family night.

BTW, BB has this same Sony blu ray on sale on BF for $249. ????

Zoo I have learned over the years that with dvd players the best bet is to stick with Sony if you want one that will last a long time and perform flawlessly. Not sure if the same is true for blu-ray but i know it is for standard dvd players so I suspect blu-ray is the same. I'm going for the Sony one.

Money magazine tested several Blu-Rays and the Sony BDP-S350 was one of them. This is what they said:

Thumbs Up: Its picture quality is impressive for both blue-ray disks and DVDs and you can upgrade it to 2.0 for free. The price is right too. It's not as speedy as its PlayStation 3 cousin, but it's faster than any other budget player we've tried.

Thumbs Down: It doesn't offer 7.1 HD audio capabilities unless you have a separate HDMI receiver. Also, setup can be tricky as the directions are a bit baffling.

The Big Picture: If you're not an audiophile and don't care about video games, this is a good option for the money.

thank you KIMMERS 71 for the info i think i'll get one on t.g at kmart:cheesy::cheesy::D

Edited by bigdogofftheporch
spelling

BF lists this as $99 for the combo. Does anyone know how heavy these are? Am I going to need help getting it into my house?

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_009H0365000B?vName=Tools&cName=Garage%20&%20Tool%20Storage&sid=I0084400010000100600&aff=Y

They are two separate pieces and are not heavy until you start filling it. You will have no problem getting them into your house.