>>> Official Black Friday GPS NAVIGATION SYSTEM Discussion Thread <<<

Marcster

Marcster....I just picked up the Garmin 750W for $200 at Cotsco for DH...it has wide screen, speaks road names (doesn't say text to speech but sounds like the same thing) and is supposed to be comparable to the 760 without bluetooth and traffic which he doesn't need. So, what do you think...did I get a good deal? I have looked at the 255W which is my first choice and will be on sale at BB on BF...but I am afraid I won't get it. I can always return this if I get the other or you recommend something else...I trust you!

Thank you for your reply bopen. I have limited money but want to get a very nice product for someone that helps my son.

She saw my TomTom once and her eyes popped out--I know she wants one, she drives a good bit.

I don't want to worry about saving 10-20 dollars if I get a much better item for those extra 20 bucks, you know.

I don't have access to Target BF at the moment but I believe it said the regular price to the Garmin is 219.00 :shock:

Ok I am pleased. I selected the Garmin Nuvi 200W at Target, it was 219.00 on sale for 179.00 this week and will be 119.00 on BF when I will get the price adjustment.

Glad I don't have to stand in line to fight people :D It looks very nice. It got good reviews!

They only had about 6.

Thanks everybody for your help.

Ok I am pleased. I selected the Garmin Nuvi 200W at Target, it was 219.00 on sale for 179.00 this week and will be 119.00 on BF when I will get the price adjustment.

Glad I don't have to stand in line to fight people :D It looks very nice. It got good reviews!

They only had about 6.

Thanks everybody for your help.

They will be very happy with such a thoughtful gift!

They will be very happy with such a thoughtful gift!

Thanks for your kind words and Good luck to you in finding your BF deals.

lincolndog, I am sorry I have not heard of that model. Besides asking all the savvy people here, I sometimes go on Amazon and look the model up and then read the review there... and also the store that sells it, BB or Walmart, there is alot info to be found in the customer reviews.

I think the 2 main things to be looking out for is Text to Speech (if you want that) and

Points of Interest (but I believe it has been said, didn't know if you read this whole thread). :)

Hi, I have read and read but I am still feeling like a duck out of water. I found this one:

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/p4__239294_Business_Supplies_1_10051_SC3:CG59:CL163323

at staples.com and it seems ok, any opinions? I just cant spend more then $100. and was desperately hoping for an amazing $50 BF deal but it looks like that will not be the case.

Thanks in advance for any info on this one I linked to.

If it was me purchasing, I would purchase the tomtom 125 at K-mart or Sears for $99 . Can't go wrong with the NAME brand tom tom or Magellon 1200 Roadmate $99 at sears There just isn't a lot of information out there for me to share a review with you on this this model? I would spend the extra $10 for a name brand myself! But that is just my opinion

Which ever gps you decide on, each will get you from point A to point B!

You may find this link helpful hope it helps you and Happy Shopping!

http://blackfriday.gottadeal.com/BlackFridaySales/Store/All/Category/GPSSystems/Rebates/yes/EarlyBirds/yes/Online//Sort/cat/C/yes/Page/1

I bought a Tomtom One last BF from Walmart. It's good, but it has some weird quirks. Since it's made in Europe, the call Highways and Interstates "Motorways". I since gave it to my daughter and bought a Garmin a couple months ago. For similar pricing, I would recommend a Garmin.

Ok, so I guess I'm in the market for a GPS for my IL's. I know Text-to-Speech is preferable, but now my DH is saying it's more important to have downloadable maps. Anyone know if any of the ones for sale on Black Friday have downloadable maps?

Thanks!

Excellent Find! You or the receiver of this gift will be most happy I am sure!

gpslodge review:

http://www.gpslodge.com/archives/014196.php

Hrm. Interesting. I saw this at Costco and went "pfft I don't need an FM receiver."

I read the review... "oh that's what it's for."

Right now we use VZ Navigator on one of our cell phones. Since we only go on long trips together, we don't mind right now, but I thought it'd be kinda cool to have one for my car, and the ability to use bluetooth while I'm driving would be nice since his car has that already wired into his car radio and I don't.

And I don't want to pay 9.99 for MY phone on top of the 9.99 for his phone. Although I really like how they give very clear, concise directions, with the voice warning me to move right and that the exit is in half a mile, and which side of the freeway to stay on.

Hrm. Interesting. I saw this at Costco and went "pfft I don't need an FM receiver."

I read the review... "oh that's what it's for."

Right now we use VZ Navigator on one of our cell phones. Since we only go on long trips together, we don't mind right now, but I thought it'd be kinda cool to have one for my car, and the ability to use bluetooth while I'm driving would be nice since his car has that already wired into his car radio and I don't.

And I don't want to pay 9.99 for MY phone on top of the 9.99 for his phone. Although I really like how they give very clear, concise directions, with the voice warning me to move right and that the exit is in half a mile, and which side of the freeway to stay on.

You will be very happy with the gps! And you will be saving year round! Enjoy!

Price point is right. No real review to date from this site.

Some info:

http://www.gpslodge.com/archives/022620.php

Good luck with your black Friday shopping!

There are actually quite a few reviews on the web including PCWorld and CNET, but it is too new to see more user feedback. It is ranked the best of top 5. The current street price is between $400 and $500 except one store has a $150 coupon to bring it down to $350. So I think $200 is a good price particularly it comes with free extra case and windshield mount.

It seems like everyone likes either TomTom or Megallan . They are good GPS, but if you look for the Navigon it has text to speech, traffic and everything else for about half the cost. I got a Navigon 2100 for $100 and it works great. Some of the major stores (walmart,target) doesn't sell them but Staples and OfficeMax does and alot of online retailers (i.e circuit city). Check it out I promise you will not be let down. I have a TomTom to and I honestly prefer the Navigon and it was half the price.

I am looking at the Garmin nuvi 350. In looking at Garmin's website, it lists it as discontinued which is probably why you can find it for around $150 when it was originally priced at $350. Does anyone know if this is a unit to stay away from because it is discontinued or does that matter? Amazon, Wal-Mart and Radio Shack are all currently selling it for around the same price. If this is not a good unit, any suggestions on a unit in the $150-$175 price range that has text-to-speech?

I went with the Garmin nuvi 265WT GPS Navigator. I did not wait for the Circuit City black Friday sale. I got it for $243.90 plus shipping and tax for $258.78. I became a member at Meijer for free and then used code promo code is: "thanks10" for $10 off.

Why wait in lines for $249 and pay tax for a total of $266.43, when u can get it today for $7.65 less:eyepoppin

https://www.meijer.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=122007&N=0&navparm=0&keyword=Garmin%20nuvi%20265WT

Edited by Kubota