Target: Frequently Asked Questions + Price Adjustments

mysticmage

I price matched last year and went about two in the afternoon on Friday and there was NOBODY in line at customer service. It was great...they didnt question anything. I was in there tonight and bought over $500.00 just in electronics and the girl made a point to tell me that if they went on sale in the next two weeks, I could get a price adjustment but not for the two day sale..I just said..."oh ok..thanks" and went on my way..I KNOW I will get the price adjustment...But, if anyone has an email from them they would like to share...please do. Just pm me. I can always say the name on their is my sister, daughter or husband.

Thanks

Wanting to buy 2 flat screen tvs this BF but being unable to get to Target til after noon, I emailed guest relations at Target and asked about theri price adjustment policy, specifically for Black Friday. They nicely emailed me a copy of the generic policy. So I went to my local target, grabbed the TVs and went to the service desk just to be sure I could get the adj on BF. They told me "nothing in the 2 day ad will be price adjusted" ! I tried to argue but there was only a brand new manager on who had no clue. So I left the TV's went to my car and CALLED Target guest relations. They informed me that the policy had no exclusions. I went back into the stroe and again was told "sorry - not happening". I called GR while in the store but the manager refused to talk to them! By this time I had been in the store well over an hour and finally said forget it! When I got in my car - I called the Target in the next town over. They said "absolutley - you can get the price adjustment on BF!" The person I spoke to then confirmed with her manager, gave me her name and the name of the person who would actually be in the store on BF and told me "no problem". So I hopped over there - got my 2 TVs and while I was in electronics - the young man actually told me that these TVs were going on sale Friday and to be sure to bring in the receipts so I could get the price adjustment! They could not have been more accomodating! The other Target has lost my business completely - it is definitely worth the extra 15 minute ride to go to this other, more accommodating store. So I got my TVS, will be getting my price adjustment on BF and all is well in the world! So try a different stoe if you don't get the answer you want!

I'd highly suggest that you follow your experience with that store where the manager has been "misinformed" about corporate policy with a detailed email and phone call to Guest Relations so that Target can "re-inform" their manager of the offical Target policy.

I'm getting ready to head to Target for my price adjustments! Glad to hear there were no problems. I'm armed with my email from Target stating they will price adjust for the 2 day sale. I did ask last week when I was there and they said they would NOT be price adjusting for the 2 day sale.

I can't believe I had a problem pa'ing this year. They told me they won't price adjust on 2 day sale items. I've done it two years in a row. I just went back to toys and rebought the item I needed adjusting but if they had run out, I would have raised he!! and called corporate but I'll just have to return later.

I'll get over it in January when I return and rebuy the same thing at 75%

I went in to price adjust the $59 Star Wars Lego set - I bought it on Sunday for $99. I was told by the CS guy that they couldn't price adjust for a several reasons: first he said because it was a $40 difference in price :confused:, then he said because it was a "no rain check" item and they cannot PA those items, then he finally said because it was a "hot ticket" item and sold out quickly. I told him I had an email from corporate stating they would be able to PA following the normal policy (see below). He called over a manager and she reluctantly gave me the PA stating that they're not supposed to do this but she'd do it for me this time. Thank goodness, too. They must have had a hundred of those Lego sets on Wed. evening and they were gone this morning.

Thanks to everyone for the info in this thread!!! :) You guys are awesome! Happy Holidays! :holiday16

Email from Target:

From the information you provided, it looks like the Legos toy you purchased on November 23, 2008 is eligible for a price adjustment.

If the item will be advertised on-sale the same week or the week after you purchased it, a price adjustment is available. You can always bring your original receipt to any Target store to receive this service. Our Guest Service team members will be happy to make the price adjustment for you.

Be sure to check out our online circular and stay up-to-date with what's on-sale. You can view it by clicking "WeeklyAd" at www.target.com.

Thanks for shopping with us. We'll see you again soon at Target.

Sincerely,

Victor

Target Guest Relations

www.target.com

I had no problem PA'ing at 9 a.m. :)

I did more shopping and while electronics and toy depts. were crowded with shoppers,I picked up plenty of deals.The employees were helpful,numerous and busy with restocking.Target was wonderful today,IMO and I'll be sure to let corporate know that!

I bought my items last week. There was no line at customer service. She scanned my receipt and credited the amount back to my credit card. So easy!

While I was there, I decided to buy a few videos that were on sale. The woman in front of me in line purchased "The Notebook," but it did not ring up the correct price. Before the customer could mention the incorrect price, the cashier had her ad out and was entering the advertised price. I love Target! At another store, they would have argued with the customer and held up the line. At Target, they are looking for the lower price for you. :)

I wish I had gotten to Target for the PA about 5 min. sooner. Someone briefly ruined my BF HIGH I was on-- When me and DH walked in there was only ONE lady....well I don't know if she was the dumbest lady on earth, or she was trying to pull something, but I'd probably guess the later.

You'd never believe she was returning something totally unrelated to BF.

She had no receipt, said she paid cash and wanted cash back! (I think she got the items on clearance and was trying to get full price back on them!)

The Target clerk was going to give her the money that they were worth now. No she didn't want that.

She said they "were a pain to use." She demands to see a manager. :mad: No one had been behind us, now there were 3---by the time the mgr. made it over to the counter, 6 !

Now I had 4 receipts on which I needed adjustments... After the first receipt it appeared I was holding everyone up, because I had several receipts--I heard the SIGHS, but I had everything marked ready, spent 30 min. at home figuring it all out. I knew exactly how much I'd get back etc.

It was the lady holding everybody up about the shelves. I cannot believe they gave her CASH back! ~ they said she could not return anything without a receipt to Target for a YEAR (I thought no one was allowed to return without a receipt at all-ever.)

I really don't think they should have given in to her--it wasn't like she had a Target charge with evidence that she bought the items.

But I decided I'd be ok because I got a kind clerk who knew precisely what she was doing :yup: and was a big help, adjusting everything with patience and a smile.

Thank you Target--and BOO to the lady before me!

I have a question about some DVDs at Target.

I wanted to get Happy Feet,The Simpson's Movie and I Am Legend in Wide screen.

But The first Target I went to they were all gone probably from people getting them before Black Friday Because I was there on Wednesday night and they were all gone.:rolleyes:

I went to the second Target and they had all three but they were in full screen so I got them.:smart:

Now I'm not going to open them I want to exchange them for the Wide screen ones.:yup:

Was this some kind of deal just on the full screen ones or was it that they just did not have very many of the Wide screen ones and just sold out fast?:confused:

If anybody knows what up with these DVDs please let me know so I know what I need to do.

Thanks,

Such a sweet experience at Target. Did my price adjust and bought my other items at customer service and was in and out in 10 minutes, got some dirty looks from the other people who were standing in the super long lines at the register while I strolled up to Customer Service and checked out with no waiting! They even offered me some tickets for the Camera, GPS and TV's that they had found or had been returned to them. Our Target has some of the best employees, alot of them are my students so they always hook me up when I go there!

No problems here in Jefferson City, Missouri; I made several purchases locally last Monday, and even made a few last minutes purchases in Chicago on Wednesday.

I did think it was a little odd that I had to point out the items that I wanted adjusted; I would have thought that they would just scan the receipts, and items would have been automatically adjusted. No matter though, I was in and out in less than 5 minutes.

Yet another reason why Target continues to earn the majority of my retail business; not only on BF, but throughout the year.

have to say i was impressed, I was able to get all my dvd's adjusted back, only commment I got was, wow you are getting a lot of money back. I was so happy i ened up getting a few more dvd's and some tv cables I needed instead of going to best buy. THe CS person was even kind enough to tell me I didn't need to bring the stuff in with me (this was incase I need to do a return.) The funny thing was at 3:30 pm they still have a bunch of the stuff I had tons of the dvd's bought on monday, murphy's law....

I just pa'd the dual dvd player this afternoon. No problems and no questions asked. The girl in CS was surprised at how much I saved. I'm glad I didn't have any issues b/c I forgot my corporate e-mail at home and they were wiped out on the shelves. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you all for letting me in on this littlle secret. I was able to do the pa at Kmart too. It saved me a lot of time, money and I was able to get everything I wanted.

This was my first year for Price adjusting, so I made sure to get the email. Went to Target to price adjust the two items that I had purchase and was told that they were not price adjusting for the 2-day ad. I replied that I had an email in my car that said that they would price adjust and would go get it for her. She sighed and said OK and finished the transaction without another word. My girlfriends were amazed. :)