Letter Received from Walmart's Legal Representatives

Brad

Why did WM blow good coin to have some third-rate, garage operation law firm send out that waste-of-a-tree garbage? I have not bothered to go into a WM on black friday in 5 years now, and I'm sure this year I'll make it 6 in a row.

WM really over-prides themselves with that cheap plastic crap they try to pass off as black friday bargains.

Get over yourselves, wal-mart....

they have to let it be released on the 24th because of people like me who get their walmart ads in the mail (I suspect I will get mine on the 25th we usually get them on the Tuesday before. I'm eager for their ad (despite the letter) now because I just found out tonight I need a new printer and you can always count of Walmart having them cheap on Black Friday)

Printer deals are around all year long. If you look hard enough, you may be able to get it for free or close to free. They are not concerned with losing money on the printer - they want you to pay for ink, the true money maker.

they have to let it be released on the 24th because of people like me who get their walmart ads in the mail (I suspect I will get mine on the 25th we usually get them on the Tuesday before. I'm eager for their ad (despite the letter) now because I just found out tonight I need a new printer and you can always count of Walmart having them cheap on Black Friday)

They are releasing it themselves on their web site on the 24th as well, so I think the timing is more because of that than the mailed copies.

In the Business Section of my newspaper today was this headline: "Financial crisis moves from Walls St. to the Mall. As stores start receiving holiday items, many are scrambling to attract scared shoppers. Holiday items are flowing into stores--and they are expected to be marked down immediately" I could go on and on and quote the lengthy two column article but guess what? Which store is the only store they talked about in this article?? Which world's largest retailer did they say is opening it's Christmas shops a week earlier this year to lure shoppers?

This same store is also cutting prices on 10 most popular toys to $10 each. If you'd like to read the article, I think you could probably find it by googling the words "Wal-Mart is also cutting prices on 10 popular toys to $10 each". When you google it, you can get a list of the ten toys. But, they don't want us to get an early look at their ad?

In the Business Section of my newspaper today was this headline: "Financial crisis moves from Walls St. to the Mall. As stores start receiving holiday items, many are scrambling to attract scared shoppers. Holiday items are flowing into stores--and they are expected to be marked down immediately" I could go on and on and quote the lengthy two column article but guess what? Which store is the only store they talked about in this article?? Which world's largest retailer did they say is opening it's Christmas shops a week earlier this year to lure shoppers?

This same store is also cutting prices on 10 most popular toys to $10 each. If you'd like to read the article, I think you could probably find it by googling the words "Wal-Mart is also cutting prices on 10 popular toys to $10 each". When you google it, you can get a list of the ten toys. But, they don't want us to get an early look at their ad?

Sorry, I just saw someone talking about Wal-Mart and their $10 toys in another thread. Hope I didn't mess up by talking about it here.

Monday doesn't seem that bad though. It still gives you almost 4 days to prepare. It's not like you need a month.

Oh yes you do!!! Thanks to this wonderful site, I have my plan of attack figured out weeks ahead!!

Plus, it's the whole idea of what they are doing. They are just being stubborn. But then again, how does that differ from the rest of the year. I wish we had a Target here. They do tend to run a little higher on alot of things, but I would rather pay more. WalMart is a bully in the retail world.

I think they just want to build up anticipation for their ad because it's been nothing but a dissapointment for the last few years. :yuck:

Well technically, their copyright laws only extend to scanning the actual ad. If I were to list the stuff, that does not constitute copyright violations. I mean the ace hardware ad was pulled but you can still see a listing of it here on the site. Besides you know some other site will put up the ad the minute it comes out. It must be getting close to BF once the fancy pant lawyers start sending out the 'warnings":yup:

Am I the only one who doesn't recall what happened last year with some going overboard according to Brad? I remember a lot of ticked off people, but I didn't follow that closely I guess. And I was so looking forward to Wal-Mart's ad- with 3 young kids they usually have the most of all the stores so I am forced to go there!

Well technically, their copyright laws only extend to scanning the actual ad. If I were to list the stuff, that does not constitute copyright violations. I mean the ace hardware ad was pulled but you can still see a listing of it here on the site. Besides you know some other site will put up the ad the minute it comes out. It must be getting close to BF once the fancy pant lawyers start sending out the 'warnings":yup:

It's a very fine line that has to be walked in regards to the ads because Brad has an affiliate account (I think?) with Walmart and can't risk losing it. That's how this board remains open year-round. (and some of us need our fix all year:))

Why dont we all put together a letter and send it to the person that sent Brad the letter

I'd strongly advise against this. The letter was sent by Walmart's legal representatives. Walmart is their client and they just do what they are told to do. They didn't make this decision, Walmart did, so please do not hassle them as nothing good can come from that.

I'd strongly advise against this. The letter was sent by Walmart's legal representatives. Walmart is their client and they just do what they are told to do. They didn't make this decision, Walmart did, so please do not hassle them as nothing good can come from that.

Well that is poopie!!! LoL :gdpie:

This info was posted here last year. Here is the contact info for Wal Mart in Bentonville, Ark. The link has email, phone and mail contact.

http://walmartstores.com/7663.aspx

Remember when you contact them be nice, clear, coherent and civil when you express your thoughts.

Not a good idea, as last year several people did not do this in a appropriate way and harressed, threatened a person at home which included scaring their child. although we all love seeing the ads early, Noone should do anything to jeaperdize Gottadeal as a site and we should just let it go

:yuck: Walmart apparently doesn't have a good ad yet again. Gee what a surprise :rolleyes:

Meijer's has been getting my business for the past couple years over Walmart - so lets hope Meijer's ad is as good as it has been in the past. Also Target is awesome, but well there's really no point in going there on BF to get the deals, so they aren't in my mad dash.