Walmart Open Thanksgiving Day

arci122

we are a 24 hour supercenter and we are only closed on Christmas. People can come in all day thanksgiving they can come in all through the night thanksgiving night. Stuff gets put out around 3 am wrapped in black tarp. We then stand guard on all blitz stuff til the time they tell us to remove the tarp and that point let the buying begin. People come in and start lining up maybe a half hour til hour before it starts. All depends on what they are after. I personally love blitz I love working it I love shopping it. I think it is going to be huge this year. Don't know why but things are just being done differently I think it will be good.

Ours are the same way here. We have, I believe, 6-8 Super Walmarts within about 15-20 miles of each other and they're only closed for Christmas for those few hours. In fact it might even be more than that, those are just the one's I can think of real fast, they keep opening more and more and the funny thing is, not one of them have close to the same prices on things. I know which one to go to for the cheaper cat food, etc... It's crazy. Actually the one's in the "richer" neighborhood's are the cheapest and the one's in the "ghetto" area's are actually more expensive. I don't get the pricing of these places anywhere.

we drive down to Saginaw MI for Black Friday (from the cold white north) and the Super Walmart there was open until midnight last year and then re-opened at 4am for Black Friday if I recall. I know they were definitely open Thanksgiving Day - them and Denny's, cause that is where we went.

Just ran into my local (small) walmart. I asked the assistant manager whom I've known for a while, if she knew if they were having specials on Thanksgiving morning since the non Super Centers are open this year for the first time. She said I would probably know before her.

The big super sale they had this past Saturday (298 for Laptop). They were never told about. They noticed people lined up outside the door at 6:30am, and were scrambling to find out why.

In front of the other associates and some shoppers, I told them to go to gottadeal.com, and then they would know what the upcoming specials and sales are before Walmart corporate bothers to tell their managers.

Guest CS.Dean
I was just in a Local Super Center. They have a sign up that they are open on Thanksgiving. In all the years we have had these stores here ( we have 2 within about 10 miles of each other) I have never seen them open on Thanksgiving. This is a first for here in North Georgia

I think walmart would make a bundle even if they just did a holiday layaway.

Nope, they would not. Walmart is a product mover and that is how they have low prices. All of these extra services cost man hours, trailer rental, etc. and it won't be happening.

Same here. I ad matched several things I wanted from kmart at walmart last year on Thanksgiving Day.

I was just going to ask if anyone has had any luck doing this Anyone else succesful price matching on Thanksgiving with Kmart ad? I looking to PM the Guitar Hero for the Wii, it does not say anywhere special purchase so I am hopeful.

thnigs are so secretive this year that who knows when there is going to be a sale only the home office knows that for sure. I mean it is all really hush hush this year. But I do think wal-mart is going to have a huge impact on Christmas this year. I think there will be great deals in stuff people want.

• 2 weeks later...
My small town WalMart is open on Thanksgiving Day! The employees were told all WalMarts will be open as they had orders from corporate! I was just a little shocked! I guess since the old man died, the family first of the business went out the window! Also, many employees were quite disgruntled!:no: I have not seen any special ads for that day though!