Walmart Open Thanksgiving Day

arci122

I was shopping in the world's smallest walmart near my town on Saturday. I was talking to the lady at check out about how happy I was they were putting Christmas trees out, that meant it was getting closer to BF. She said yes, and we are open on TG this year. I smiled and said that was great, she didn't think so, she was already told she has to work!!

If this small town one is open, I am sure all the big ones will.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I was shopping in the world's smallest walmart near my town on Saturday. I was talking to the lady at check out about how happy I was they were putting Christmas trees out, that meant it was getting closer to BF. She said yes, and we are open on TG this year. I smiled and said that was great, she didn't think so, she was already told she has to work!!

If this small town one is open, I am sure all the big ones will.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I would still call and check your local WM that you will want to visit on BF and ask.

I have never had any luck with mine being open. When I lived in upstate NY the 3 walmart (all super) were all closed on Thanksgiving. Moved to PA and the same thing.

This is new this year. I think they are trying to keep up with other retailers.

Yes, call and check, i know the one here in my town will be open as per i have family and friends working there and they told me, however they also told me that its a pilot thing this year and not every walmart store will be open untill they see how it goes this year. Some stores have been open in the past, but none in my area. If you try to call your local store and they wont answer you if they are giong to be open my sister said all stores suppose to post a holiday schedule on the front doors sometime at the end of the month and it will tell you if your store will be open on thanksgiving or not. Edited by cassgurlie04

• 2 weeks later...

hmmm.. if it was open on that day.. why not just put what you want in your cart and wait inside the store!! LOL! :]

I cracked up on that comment. Everything on BF is wrapped in pallets that they will not open until the minute of the sale. Oh, good long laugh on that one!:D

• 2 weeks later...
all of them here have always been closed. the ones that are open 7-11 close at 10 the night b4 and reopen at what ever time on BF the 24 hr ones have closed anywhere from 10 to 2 am night b4/turkey day am. and reopen on BF. i'll have to check at mine this year

I cracked up on that comment. Everything on BF is wrapped in pallets that they will not open until the minute of the sale. Oh, good long laugh on that one!:D

while thats true i always go the night b4 turkey day and walk around finding out what pallets are where and whats on them. the pallets come out of the seasonal doors , where they keep the plants here, in regular clear wrap pulled to location adn wrapped in black there so if you hang out in that section you can see whats on them and where they are heading. it makes my trip in the am much much faster. getting a friend or 2 to go with to help follow people makes it even easier. it's fun too. here once they are wrapped in black they are gaurded till closeing time by 4 people one on each corner. its fun watching them stand there . each one doing something different. reading,playing hand held game,trying to sleep standing up,playing on thier phones. last year they gave them chairs and something to drink. they were replaced for lunch and potty breaks. they are very strict on it which makes it really funny to watch . you'd think the stuff was gold .

while thats true i always go the night b4 turkey day and walk around finding out what pallets are where and whats on them. the pallets come out of the seasonal doors , where they keep the plants here, in regular clear wrap pulled to location adn wrapped in black there so if you hang out in that section you can see whats on them and where they are heading. it makes my trip in the am much much faster. getting a friend or 2 to go with to help follow people makes it even easier. it's fun too. here once they are wrapped in black they are gaurded till closeing time by 4 people one on each corner. its fun watching them stand there . each one doing something different. reading,playing hand held game,trying to sleep standing up,playing on thier phones. last year they gave them chairs and something to drink. they were replaced for lunch and potty breaks. they are very strict on it which makes it really funny to watch . you'd think the stuff was gold .

LOL! With people like us standing in line or roaming around the store for hours waiting to get to it. They must think WE think it is gold.:runaway:

all of them here have always been closed. the ones that are open 7-11 close at 10 the night b4 and reopen at what ever time on BF the 24 hr ones have closed anywhere from 10 to 2 am night b4/turkey day am. and reopen on BF. i'll have to check at mine this year

We have two Walmart Supercenters and they are open 24 hours a day 364 days a year. They close at 6 on Christmas eve and closed Christmas day.