Share your cookies with me?!?!?!?!?

cassgurlie04

First of all :gdthankyou: for your delicious recipes everybody

I am :gdlicklips: over here and looking forward to trying so many of them.

I just have a ? I don't have a double broiler--not because of the cost but I have very small kitchen and try not to buy appliance/pots, etc unless they are something I'd use at least 3 times a week.

So I have read many recipes that say to microwave the chocolate. I have tried this at least 10 times. Guess I am a real goober.

I can't seem to do it without the chocolate burning. I do it very slooooowwly. Stop and stir, 15 more seconds, or just 10, stir again, etc, but it never seems to melt until many many stops and starts--and by then it smells/looks/IS burned.

Any suggestions?

I just have a ? I don't have a double broiler--not because of the cost but I have very small kitchen and try not to buy appliance/pots, etc unless they are something I'd use at least 3 times a week.

So I have read many recipes that say to microwave the chocolate. I have tried this at least 10 times. Guess I am a real goober.

I can't seem to do it without the chocolate burning. I do it very slooooowwly. Stop and stir, 15 more seconds, or just 10, stir again, etc, but it never seems to melt until many many stops and starts--and by then it smells/looks/IS burned.

Any suggestions?

You have to do it pretty slow. Put it in for maybe 20 seconds at a time and each time take it out and stir it for awhile. It burns real easy. HTH

You have to do it pretty slow. Put it in for maybe 20 seconds at a time and each time take it out and stir it for awhile. It burns real easy. HTH

Will you come over and help me do it :stir:pleeeeeeaaase ?

Wasting time is bad enough, but when you consider the cost of the ingredients...and you have to throw them out...:(

I got this one a few years ago out of the coupon insert of the Sunday paper. They have been a hit with my family and now everyone expects them.

Santa’s Snickers Surprises

2 Sticks Butter (softened)

1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter

1 Cup Light Brown Sugar

1 Cup Sugar

2 Eggs

1 Tsp. Vanilla

3 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour (sifted)

1 Tsp. Baking Soda

½ Tsp. Salt

1 Pkg. (13 Oz.) Snickers Miniatures

1 Pkg. (11 Oz.) Dove Brand Milk or Dark Chocolate Gifts

Combine the butter, peanut butter and sugars using a mixer on a medium to low speed until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Then mix in flour, salt & baking soda. Cover and chill dough for 2-3 hours.

Unwrap all Snickers miniatures. Remove dough from refrigerator. Divide into 1 tablespoon pieces and flatten. Place a Snickers in the center of each piece of dough. Form the dough into a ball around each Snickers miniature. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (Baking time and temp may need to be adjusted if using more than 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie.

Let cookies cool on baking rack or wax paper. Drizzle melted Dove Bars over the top of each cookie. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

Yes. These are a hit with my family too. So much in fact that I have cut back on making other kinds to make more of these. If you make these you can't go wrong.

Any suggestions?

Do you have a metal or glass bowl that will fit inside one of your sauce pans without touching the bottom? That is what I do and it works just as good and sooo much better than in the microwave:yup:

Edited by msdarkness
grammar is key...

Here is a very simple recipe that goes over very well. It makes a huge batch. but not to worry they will go fast.

Peanut Butter Balls

18 oz jar peanut butter

1 lb butter

1 tsp vanilla

2 lb confectionary sugar

12 oz bag chocolate chips

½ block paraffin wax

Melt butter. Add peanut butter, vanilla and confectionary sugar.

Roll into balls. Cool in fridge or freezer. Melt wax and chocolate chips. Dip peanut butter balls into chocolate.

Do you have a metal or glass bowl that will fit inside one of your sauce pans without touching the bottom? That is what I do and it works just as good and sooo much better than in the microwave:yup:

THANK YOU, very MUCH for your reply :) I am going to try some of the stainless mixing bowls I have and see if they will fit to my pots tomorrow when kids are at school.

Here is a very simple recipe that goes over very well. It makes a huge batch. but not to worry they will go fast.

Peanut Butter Balls

18 oz jar peanut butter

1 lb butter

1 tsp vanilla

2 lb confectionary sugar

12 oz bag chocolate chips

½ block paraffin wax

Melt butter. Add peanut butter, vanilla and confectionary sugar.

Roll into balls. Cool in fridge or freezer. Melt wax and chocolate chips. Dip peanut butter balls into chocolate.

I think that is what alot of people in my "neck of the woods" refer to as Buckeyes. :D because we dip them about 3/4 the way, leaving the peanutbutter showing at the top, like a BUCKEYE.

These are soooo good.

I know people put Rice Krispies in them too, but I like the regular..

heres a recipe for you....

Butter Pecan Cookies

1pkg. butter pecan cake mix

2 eggs

1/3 cup oil

1 c. chopped pecans

1 c. chocolate chips(optional) its good with or without the chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly brown.

Very easy recipe. I make these all the time .

Enjoy!

I looked at this recipe yesterday and wanted to try making some for desert today.

When I was shopping I looked at a grocery store and DH was shopping elsewhere and I asked him to check as well. Neither of the stores we shopped at had any Butter Pecan Cake mix --there was no spot for it at all on the shelf.

I was sooo bummed. Sounded simple :( wanted to have some.

I looked at this recipe yesterday and wanted to try making some for desert today.

When I was shopping I looked at a grocery store and DH was shopping elsewhere and I asked him to check as well. Neither of the stores we shopped at had any Butter Pecan Cake mix --there was no spot for it at all on the shelf.

I was sooo bummed. Sounded simple :( wanted to have some.

Im sorry you couldnt find any i can always find it at just about any grocery store or walmart. Well im posting a new recipe, many of you have probably heard of this before, and its not a cookie recipe.But gosh, its name definitely fits this recipe.Its a cake recipe but still simple and easy.

Better than Sex Cake

1 pkg. milk chocolate cake mix

1 jar caramel ice cream topping

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 small container Cool Whip

2 Heath candy bars or any toffee flavored candy bar

Bake cake as directed on box for a 9 x13 pan. As soon as cake is done , take a toothpick and pokeholes throughout the whole cake. Then pour milk and caramel over top of cake. Let cake cool completely before topping with Cool Whip. Crush up candy bars and sprinkle over top of the cool whip. Keep this cake refigerated unless serving it.

Hope you enjoy it! :gdlicklips:

Im sorry you couldnt find any i can always find it at just about any grocery store or walmart. Well im posting a new recipe, many of you have probably heard of this before, and its not a cookie recipe.But gosh, its name definitely fits this recipe.Its a cake recipe but still simple and easy.

Better than Sex Cake

1 pkg. milk chocolate cake mix

1 jar caramel ice cream topping

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 small container Cool Whip

2 Heath candy bars or any toffee flavored candy bar

Bake cake as directed on box for a 9 x13 pan. As soon as cake is done , take a toothpick and pokeholes throughout the whole cake. Then pour milk and caramel over top of cake. Let cake cool completely before topping with Cool Whip. Crush up candy bars and sprinkle over top of the cool whip. Keep this cake refigerated unless serving it.

Hope you enjoy it! :gdlicklips:

Oh I am NOT giving up on the B.P. Cake mix :gdlicklips: I will keep looking. :D

That Sex cake sounds good too. I love TOFFEE. Thanks

Does anyone have a recipe to do the fancy chocolate dipped pretzel rods?

I've made these for the past few years. All I do is melt the chocolate in the microwave and dip the pretzel rod in the melted choc a couple of inches, then lay on wax paper. I use both chocolate bark and the white almond bark for these. And some I will add sprinkles too before the choc firms up.

When I melt the choc in the microwave I'll melt it in a coffee cup so it's easier and deeper to dip the rods into. I do just a few at a time, so I don't have to melt much at a time. I'm always afraid of burning it.

I make the regular small pretzels too. After melting the choc in a bowl, I throw a few pretzels in, then transfer them from the chocolate to the wax paper with a fork. I do the same thing with the sprinkles on some of these too.

thanks I will do those for sure. I am making lots of smaller batches of cookies/treats this

year as I send them to my 85 yr old Dad in Florida..good thing he is not diabetic :)

I am doing

PB Balls

Dipped Pretzels

Pretzel turtle cookies

fudge

PB with the kiss on it

and I am debating making those saltine candy cookies this year, I have never made them but

I hear they are delicious. I bought the containers today to send the cookies in and I am going to BJ's to buy the big bags of Chocolate Chips etc

How about a good easy fudge recipe? I usually do the Fluff one but am looking for a new

an different kind this year

tia

EASY - DELICIOUS MICROWAVE FUDGE

1 box powdered sugar

1/2 c. cocoa

1 stick butter, melted

1/4 c. milk

1 tsp. vanilla

Place all except vanilla in a bowl and microwave for 2 minutes. Mix until smooth (with mixer for best results)

This tastes like the fudge you buy at cracker barrel. It is a bit soft best kept in the fridge.

Here is a No Bake Adult Treat....

Irish Coffee Balls

1 Box of Vanilla Wafers Coarsely Crushed in Food Processor

1 Cup of finely chopped pecans

1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar

3 Tablespoons of Instant Coffee

1/3 Cup of Irish Whiskey

1/3 Cup of Light Corn Syrup

Green Sprinkles

Dissolve coffee in Irish whiskey. Mix all of the dry mixture with the Irish whiskey and corn syrup. Roll into balls and then roll in green sprinkles or in powdered sugar before serving. Even better after sitting up a couple of days!

anyone willing to share some cookie recipies with me??? every year i make chocolate chip cookies but am looking for some twists to the original recipie or an all together new recipie to try. The reason im asking now is so i can try them out ahead of time. Thanks in advance.

If you're looking to go really easy, try substituting the chocolate chips in your existing recipe with any number of other things. One of our fave combos is dried cranberries, white chocolate chunks and walnuts. You can also do mint chocolate chips and crushed candy cane bits. Or toffee bits and dried cherries. The possibilities are endless!

Hi ladies,

I now have a cookie press :chocochip and I wondered is there a good/great recipe anyone has to share that I can use in the press?

Something other than the Classic Spritz cookie with the Almond Extract??

I'd love to hear your suggestions,:yup: please.

Maybe I could make some for Turkey day if I get replies in time. :1cook:hungry:

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this thread cuz i need a Choc/peppermint biscotti recipe.

Its got the chocolate bottom to it, but on top has crushed pieces of peppermint,

maybe candycane?

allshoppedout, what consitency of cookie batter will your press hold?

I have cakemix cookies and also a good cut-out sugar cookie recipe .. I'll post them

when I get them typed up. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nevermind.. I looked it up online:

Chocolate-Peppermint Biscotti

1 1/3 cups sugar

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract

3 eggs

3 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup coarsely crushed hard peppermint candies

1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Semisweet chocolate chips, if desired

Crushed hard peppermint candies, if desired

1. Heat oven to 350ºF. Lighly grease cookie sheet. Mix sugar, butter, peppermint extract and eggs in large bowl with spoon until blended. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in 1/2 cup candies and 1/2 cup chocolate chips (dough will be stiff). Divide dough in half. Shape each half into 10x2-inch rectangle on cookie sheet.

2. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool on cookie sheet 15 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices. Place slices, cut sides down, on cookie sheet. Bake about 15 minutes or until light brown and crisp. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.

3. Melt chocolate chips over low heat, stirring occasionally. Dip half of each biscotti into melted chocolate; sprinkle with crushed candies. Cool completely on waxed paper.

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft) Increase first bake time to 35 to 37 minutes.

Edited by dmmiller
added recipe

This is the only cookie I don't screw up!

RED VELVET COOKIES

1 box red velvet cake mix

2 eggs

1/3 c. oil

Tub of cream cheese frosting

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the first 3 ingredients. Roll spoonful of dough into a ball and place on cookie sheet (don't flatten unless you want them thin). Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool, then frost with cream cheese frosting.

If you don't like red velvet, you can substitute with any cake mix (I've also done lemon mix with lemon frosting and strawberry mix with funfetti frosting).

Christmas Cut-out cookies

1 cup butter/shortening

2 eggs

1 cup sugar

1 t vanilla

2 1/2 cup flour

2 t baking powder

1 t cinnamon

Mix all ingredients

Roll out onto floured board and cut into shapes

Bake 10-12 min on 350. (until a light golden brown.)

(I make mine extra thick.. they are sooo good!)