Share your cookies with me?!?!?!?!?

cassgurlie04

I make these every christmas I have alot more I just have to dig them out HTH

Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti (you can sub cherries for the cranberries as well)

1/4 cup light olive oil

3/4 cup white sugar

2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1/2 teaspoon almond extract

2 eggs

1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 cup dried cranberries

1 1/2 cups pistachio nuts

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F

In a large bowl, mix together oil and sugar until well blended. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts, then beat in the eggs. Combine flour, salt, and baking powder; gradually stir into egg mixture. Mix in cranberries and nuts by hand.

Divide dough in half. Form two logs (12x2 inches) on a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Dough may be sticky; wet hands with cool water to handle dough more easily.

Bake for 35 minutes in the preheated oven, or until logs are light brown. Remove from oven, and set aside to cool for 10 minutes. Reduce oven heat to 275 degrees F (135 degrees C).

Cut logs on diagonal into 3/4 inch thick slices. Lay on sides on parchment covered cookie sheet. Bake approximately 8 to 10 minutes, or until dry; cool.

________________________________________________________________________________

Candy-Topped Shortbread Bars

1 cup all-purpose flour

1/3 cup confectioners' sugar

2 tablespoons cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon salt

7 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 14 pieces

20 snack-size caramel and chocolate candy bars (such as Fun Size Milky Way), unwrapped

Directions

Heat oven to 350°F. Line an 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with heavy-duty or nonstick aluminum foil, making sure the foil is tucked into all the corners and that there is at least 1 inch overhanging the top of the pan on all sides.

Combine flour, confectioners' sugar, cornstarch and salt in a medium-size bowl and with an electric mixer, mix on low speed. Add butter and mix on low speed until ingredients just begin to come together. Sprinkle mixture across the bottom of the prepared pan and press with your fingertips into an even layer (mixture will be dry). Place the pan in the freezer for 15 minutes.

Bake crust at 350°F until the edges are just golden, 18 to 20 minutes. Remove the pan from oven to wire rack.

Place the candy bars in 4 rows of 5 over the hot crust and return pan to the oven. Bake for 10 more minutes, remove the pan from the oven and then spread the melted candy into an even layer with an offset spatula. Bake an additional 5 to 6 minutes until the candy is melted and bubbly. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool completely.

Grasping the overhanging foil on either side of the pan, lift the bars from the pan and place on a cutting board. Use a sharp chef's knife to cut into 20 pieces. Keep at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days.

________________________________________________________________________________

Russian Tea Cakes

1 cup butter

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup chopped walnuts

1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a medium bowl, cream butter and vanilla until smooth. Combine the 6 tablespoons confectioners' sugar and flour; stir into the butter mixture until just blended. Mix in the chopped walnuts. Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place them 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake for 12 minutes in the preheated oven. When cool, roll in remaining confectioners' sugar. I also like to roll mine in the sugar a second time.

these below are an acquired taste but I LOVE them you have to truly like a spicy gingerbread type of cookie

Pfeffernusse

4 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon ground white pepper

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

3/4 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup butter, softened

1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar

2 eggs

3/4 cup finely chopped almonds (optional)

DIRECTIONS

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Combine dry ingredients and set aside.

In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar together until light. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Stir in dry ingredients 1/2 cup at a time. Add almonds, if desired.

Roll into one inch balls and arrange 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheet. Bake 11 to 14 minutes.

Cool and store in airtight containers for 3 days to mellow flavors.

Here are the two favorites that I get asked to make over and over every Christmas. If anyone has a good chocolate chip cookie recipe I would really appreciate it. I use the one of the Toll House chips package but I end up with flattened cookies every year... I like them to not be flat, but dense and thick.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JIF Irresistible Peanut Butter Cookies

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar

3/4 cup JIF Peanut Butter (yes seriously use JIF, it is the best)

1/2 cup butter, margarine, or crisco

3 tablespoons milk

1 tablespoon vanilla

1 egg

1 3/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour

3/4 teaspoon baking soda

3/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.

Combine brown sugar, JIF peanut butter, butter/shortening, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed of electric mixer until well blended. Add egg. Beat just until blended.

Combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix just until blended.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly in crisscross pattern with tines of fork.

Bake one baking sheet at a time for 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Do not over-bake. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheet. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.

(About half the cookies I flatten with the crisscross pattern with the fork. The other half I do no flatten much and then put a hershey kiss in the middle when they come out of the oven)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brer Rabbit Molasses Cookies

Ingredients:

3/4 cup margarine, softened

1 cup sugar

1/4 cup BRER RABBIT Molasses, light or dark

1 egg

2 cups all purpose flour

2 tsps. baking soda

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

granulated sugar, sprinkled on top

Directions:

In large bowl, with mixer at low speed, beat together margarine and 1 cup sugar until creamy. Add molasses and egg, beating until well blended. In medium bowl, blend flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, cloves and ginger. Add to molasses mixture; mix well. Cover and chill.

Form dough into 1-inch balls. Roll each in sugar; place on non-stick cookie sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake at 375 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 1 minute. Remove cookies to wire rack to cool. Makes 5 dozen.

I got this one a few years ago out of the coupon insert of the Sunday paper. They have been a hit with my family and now everyone expects them.

Santa’s Snickers Surprises

2 Sticks Butter (softened)

1 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter

1 Cup Light Brown Sugar

1 Cup Sugar

2 Eggs

1 Tsp. Vanilla

3 ½ Cups All Purpose Flour (sifted)

1 Tsp. Baking Soda

½ Tsp. Salt

1 Pkg. (13 Oz.) Snickers Miniatures

1 Pkg. (11 Oz.) Dove Brand Milk or Dark Chocolate Gifts

Combine the butter, peanut butter and sugars using a mixer on a medium to low speed until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Then mix in flour, salt & baking soda. Cover and chill dough for 2-3 hours.

Unwrap all Snickers miniatures. Remove dough from refrigerator. Divide into 1 tablespoon pieces and flatten. Place a Snickers in the center of each piece of dough. Form the dough into a ball around each Snickers miniature. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (Baking time and temp may need to be adjusted if using more than 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie.

Let cookies cool on baking rack or wax paper. Drizzle melted Dove Bars over the top of each cookie. Makes about 2 dozen cookies.

My cookie recipes are simple: Pillsbury or Nestle pre-made cookie dough :D Sometimes I even let the kids use the cookie cutters and cut the sugar cookies into shapes :lmao: Sorry, I couldn't resist! But I'm really not a baker and this way, at least I know they are edible!!:sidesplit

I do make my own no-bake cookies though ;)(and LOTS of them as they are the favorite around here!!

:gdyeahthat:

My cookie recipes are simple: Pillsbury or Nestle pre-made cookie dough :D Sometimes I even let the kids use the cookie cutters and cut the sugar cookies into shapes :lmao: Sorry, I couldn't resist! But I'm really not a baker and this way, at least I know they are edible!!:sidesplit

I do make my own no-bake cookies though ;)(and LOTS of them as they are the favorite around here!!

:gdyeahthat:

This is a recipe that my grandma used to make. I don't bake much anymore but I love this cookie. It is called Cherry Winks. I used the dates that you can buy already chopped. If you chop them yourself, mix with flour so you can handle them. They are very sticky!

2 1/4 C. sifted flour

1 t. baking powder

1/2 t. baking soda

1/2 t. salt

3/4 C. soft butter or margarine

1 C. sugar

2 eggs

2 T. milk

1 t. vanilla

1 C. chopped nutmeats

1 C. finely cut, pitted dates

1/3 C. finely cut maraschino cherries

2/3 C. cornflake crumbs

18 maraschino cherries cut in quarters

Sift together flour, baking powder, soda and salt.

Blend butter and sugar;add eggs and beat well. Stir in milk and vanilla. Add sifted dry ingredients together with nuts, dates and cut cherries. Mix well.

Shape dough into balls, using one level tablespoon of dough for each. Roll balls in corn flake crumbs; place on greased cookie sheet and top each with 1/4 piece of cherry.

Bake in 375 degree oven about 12 minutes or until lightly browned.

Yield: 6 dozen cookies; about 2 inches in diameter.

Here is another one that is a sort of Chocolate Chip but the pecans make it yummy. It is my favorite!

2 3/4 C. flour

1 1/4 t. soda

1 1/2 C butter, softened

1 1/2 C packed brown sugar

2 eggs

1 t. vanilla

1 twenty-four ounce (4 C.) semi sweet chocolate morsels

1 C. chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small brown combine flour, soda, salt and set aside.

In large bowl beat butter and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla. Gradually blend in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by TABLESPOONS onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes. Makes 3 dozen 2 1/2 inch cookies. Allow to stand 2-3 minutes before removing from cookie sheets. Then cool completely.

I got this recipe somewhere out in internet land last year - simple and everyone loved them

Chocolate turtles

1 bag square pretzels - though I used the smaller twists

1 bag rolo candys

1 bag almond halves - or slivers / I used neither

preheat oven to 325 - line cookie sheet with was/baking paper

top 1 pretzel with 1 rolo -

put into oven -

depending on your oven these should melt within 3 to 5 short minutes

remove from oven - place in freezer to set.

some people mentioned that they toasted their almonds first in the oven to bring out the flavor

Lemon Anise Biscotti

2 eggs

1 cup sugar (or Splenda)

¼ cup canola oil

½ teaspoon vanilla extract

½ teaspoon lemon extract

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking powder

½ teaspoon salt

4 teaspoons grated lemon peel

2 teaspoons aniseed, crushed

In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add oil and extracts; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into egg mixture. Stir in lemon peel and aniseed.

Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, shape each portion into a 12-inch X 2-inch rectangle. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Flatten to 1/2 –inch thickness. Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes, or until golden and tops begin to crack. Carefully remove to wire racks; cool for five minutes.

Transfer to a cutting board; cut with a serrated knife into scant ¾-inch slices. Place cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 5 minutes. Turn and bake for 5-7 minutes longer or until firm and golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Store in an airtight container.

Peppermint Snowballs

3 cups powdered sugar - DIVIDED

1 1/4 cup butter or margarine (softened)

1 teaspoon peppermint extract

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 egg

3 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup finely crushed peppermint candy - DIVIDED

as needed granulated sugar

2-3 tablespoons skim milk

1 teaspoon baking powder

COOKIES... Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large mixer bowl, combine the 1 1/2 powdered sugar, butter or margarine, peppermint extract, vanilla and egg. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often until creamy (2-3 minutes). Reduce speed to low. Add flour, baking powder and salt; Beat, scraping bowl often until well blended (1-2 minutes). By hand, stir in 1/2 cup candy. Shape dough into 3/4 inch balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool completely. GLAZE... In small mixer bowl combine 1 1/2 powdered sugar and enough milk for desired glazing consistency. Drizzle cooled cookies with glaze. Immediately sprinkle with the remaining peppermint candy.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 1/2 cups canned pumpkin

1 1/2 cups white sugar

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

3/4 cup salad oil

3 cups flour

1 1/2 teaspoon milk

3 teaspoon baking powder

1 1/2 teaspoon soda

1 package of chocolate chips

1 teaspoon salt

Mix ingredients in order given. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes on a greased pan.

Pumpkin Chip Cookies

2 1/2 cups sifted flour

3 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon nutmeg or pumpkin pie spice

1/2 cup soft shortening

1 1/4 cups brown sugar

2 eggs

1 28/29oz can of pumpkin

1 cup chopped walnuts

1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats

Cream shortening. Add sugar and eggs one at a time. Add pumpkin and mix well. Stir in all dry ingredients, then oats. Gradually stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Drop by Tablespoons full on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.