How is your job handled on Black Friday???

angelbabymommy

My job considers Black Friday (or "Day after Thanksgiving" is what they call it) apart of our Thanksgiving holiday, so I dont have to pretend Im sick every year...lol :D or use any kind of vacation. So how do you handle your job or is it also apart of Thanksgiving.

We also get Christmas Eve as a holiday, too. :) I love my job.

EDIT*** "your" not "yor"...sorry!

Edited by noehlp
fixed title for OP

We traded our Flag Day holiday (I work for the government) for the day after Thanksgiving! I always hated having to go into work after being out shopping!

YES!! When I worked retail as a second job for the holidays, I also hated going in after coming from shopping and getting up super early...

Paid day off for me too....keeping fingers crossed that the hurricanes don't mess that up for me. I live in Florida and the first week of school we missed 4 days due to tropical storm Fay. School board has posted make up days already, so far BF is not taken, but we will be working Dec. 22nd and 23rd. Can't imagine too many people sticking round for their children to make up two days of school.

As an educator, I have the week of Thanksgiving off for Thanksgiving break and then two weeks off at Christmas/New Years for Winter Break -- So, that means I don't have to worry about being off for myself - However, DH is another story. He always has to take that day off and use a vacation day. He has a vacation watching the kids --

Where I work for 10 years we had that day off as a paid holiday. Then last year the company screwed us and now we either have to take it as a Floating Holiday or Vacation day. So this year I took it as a vacation day.

We also used to get Christmas Eve off also as a paid holiday. Not anymore. :( So again, I have to use a vacation day.