*** 2008 Holiday Exchange ***

eve

Ok, another newbie here. I'm interested in the Ornament Exchange. Do we email our likes and dislikes along with our other info, or do we post it here? And, do we buy an ornament for all on the list or are we given a certain someone to buy for?

Thanks in advance!

Since I haven't posted here in such a long time and have never participated, I would like to this year. I'll send you a PM w/address for the card exchange and ornament exchange. Just a note, while I am certain that your plan will work, in all cookie exchanges I have participated, it was broken into "groups" of no more than 12 people and each send a dozen...just an idea.

Please don"t thnk I was being rude, just trying to help and make it easier on the participants. have fun. Kristyn

OOPS just saw the original post to email info, I did that

Edited by krissy904
didn't read the rules....have difficulty paying attention!

Ok, another newbie here. I'm interested in the Ornament Exchange. Do we email our likes and dislikes along with our other info, or do we post it here? And, do we buy an ornament for all on the list or are we given a certain someone to buy for?

Thanks in advance!

You email it to Eve.

This is my first year doing this. Do you guys get a box from the post office that charges a flat fee or do you just use whatever box you can get your stuff to fit in? Also how do I need to mail it so that I get a confirmation number? As you can tell I don't mail stuff often. Thanks

just ask for delivery confirmation :) and you can use whatever box you want (it's usually cheaper), but if it's a heavier item that would be able to fit in a flat rate I would ask to have it weighed first in order to compare prices... flat rate might end up being cheaper :) Edited by pogiporkchop
added more info

anything that you might want to tell maybe? I like items that you just can't find in NJ. For example boiled peanuts are scarce here but everywhere in the south. I just like to have a piece of another state. :)

What's your favorite color? Pink

Whats your favorite flower? None

What's your favorite candy? Stride gum

What's your favorite movie? You don't mess with the Zohan, 13 ghosts, Nanny Mcphee

What's your favorite author? V.C. Andrews

What's your favorite candle scent? Vanilla but I'm not a fan of Yankee candles :yuck:

What's your favorite vacation spot? Anywhere where I can get away

What's your favorite thing to collect? Hello Kitty items

What's your favorite thing to do during your me time? Relax

Do you have kiddos? No. But I do have a god daughter 3, god son 1, and niece 9 who I treat like my kiddos.

Are you married? No but you can send me a hottie :D

allergic to anything? No

Edited by lilquiet

this is my first year participating. How many names do we get? Specifically, how many do we buy for if we are doing the secret santa?

you'd get one name if you are doing just secret santa. :)

i think the multiple names is for folks doing more than one exchange (like santa, ornament, and cookies etc), and I'd imagine you'd be getting a bundle of names if you were doing the cookies & card exchanges!

Thanks in advance!

email me all info :) you are given one person for the Ornament Exchange. same with the S.S., one person. the card Exchange is to all as is the cookie Exchange

Since I haven't posted here in such a long time and have never participated, I would like to this year. I'll send you a PM w/address for the card exchange and ornament exchange. Just a note, while I am certain that your plan will work, in all cookie exchanges I have participated, it was broken into "groups" of no more than 12 people and each send a dozen...just an idea.

Please don"t thnk I was being rude, just trying to help and make it easier on the participants. have fun. Kristyn

OOPS just saw the original post to email info, I did that

no offense taken, i appreciate the suggestion ;) i was really hoping someone would have a pointer or two as i have never done it before

This is my first year doing this. Do you guys get a box from the post office that charges a flat fee or do you just use whatever box you can get your stuff to fit in? Also how do I need to mail it so that I get a confirmation number? As you can tell I don't mail stuff often. Thanks

i like those flat fee boxes a lot ;) but if i think it will be cheaper in another box i use that,

another idea is - go to the post office when they are not busy and ask what your box will cost to ship before you agree to mail it. most should be nice about it.if it winds up more expensive then a flat rate box, you can simply cut open your box right there and transfer it to a flat rate box..

Box type does not matter for delivery confirmation but you MUST ask for it to be added

just ask for delivery confirmation :) and you can use whatever box you want (it's usually cheaper), but if it's a heavier item that would be able to fit in a flat rate I would ask to have it weighed first in order to compare prices... flat rate might end up being cheaper :)

yep, thanks for helping

As far as shipping It would depend on how heavy the item/items are a flat rate box may work better for shipping. and then you would just need to add the delivery confirmation on the package as well.

yep, thanks for helping

this is my first year participating. How many names do we get? Specifically, how many do we buy for if we are doing the secret santa?

you are given one person for the Ornament Exchange. same with the S.S., one person.

the card Exchange is to all as is the cookie Exchange

you'd get one name if you are doing just secret santa. :)

i think the multiple names is for folks doing more than one exchange (like santa, ornament, and cookies etc), and I'd imagine you'd be getting a bundle of names if you were doing the cookies & card exchanges!

yep, thanks for helping

Unfortunately i am not allowed to participate even though i participated in the summer exchange and sent what i was supposed to send but someone obviously has a problem so good luck everyone and have fun

as i told you in the email i was not trying to be mean to you or anything, i did not "just" make anything up, i clearly stated in my original post

I make the decisions one by one, and if you failed a past exchange on the forum, don't bother as I will kick you out. If for whatever reason I don't let you join, please remember my decision sticks so don't bother crying after

yes you did send in the summer exchange but you have failed in the past and many would be uncomfortable with you in.

First of all its not that serious I truly don't have to participate I just thought it would have been fun and it would have given me a chance to have my mind on something other than the anniversary of my mothers death. However, You stated in the past that I failed that was what 2 years ago. If I remember correctly I sent my items off and they were recieved by the person I sent them too but because I did not respond that I got them there was a problem. Did anyone bother to PM to see why I hadn't responded. Try the fact that I was in the hospital having my baby. Okay so last year you said I could be in the holiday exchange however I told you I could not do it becuase of everything that had happened with the accident.

You said you were not being mean or anything in the email that you wrote but

I DID OR DON'T YOU READ.?. !!!!!!!!!!

I make the decisions one by one, and if you failed a past exchange on the forum, don't bother as I will kick you out. If for whatever reason I don't let you join, please remember my decision sticks so don't bother crying after

If thats not being mean or smart I don't know what is. I can read I was simply stating that I had participated in the summer exchange but anyway as I stated before it's not that serious. I am grown I have my child and I am certainly not going to argue with anyone over sending or recieving a gift.

AS I STATED IN MY MESSAGE PREVIOUSLY HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK EVERYONE..... HAPPY HOLIDAYS:)

First of all its not that serious I truly don't have to participate I just thought it would have been fun and it would have given me a chance to have my mind on something other than the anniversary of my mothers death. However, You stated in the past that I failed that was what 2 years ago.

3 years ago

If I remember correctly I sent my items off and they were recieved by the person I sent them too

no you did not send anything off, they were never received

but because I did not respond that I got them there was a problem. Did anyone bother to PM to see why I hadn't responded.

i tried several times to pm you as i do with everyone that does not give send me a dc or send things, i saw you were online but you never answered my pms Try the fact that I was in the hospital having my baby. Okay so last year you said I could be in the holiday exchange however I told you I could not do it becuase of everything that had happened with the accident.

You said you were not being mean or anything in the email that you wrote but

I DID OR DON'T YOU READ.?. !!!!!!!!!!

If thats not being mean or smart I don't know what is. I can read I was simply stating that I had participated in the summer exchange but anyway as I stated before it's not that serious. I am grown I have my child and I am certainly not going to argue with anyone over sending or recieving a gift.

AS I STATED IN MY MESSAGE PREVIOUSLY HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK EVERYONE..... HAPPY HOLIDAYS:)

I am really getting tired of your crap. i told you very simply and nicely in the first time email that anyone that failed any past exchange was not allowed to join.

Thanks to everyone who replied to me. I am so excited to start shopping for my person!! Do we ever reveal who we had? Oh, and do you make your own cards or send store bought ones? I usually make my own christmas cards but that might end up being a lot, LOL.

Thanks to everyone who replied to me. I am so excited to start shopping for my person!! Do we ever reveal who we had? Oh, and do you make your own cards or send store bought ones? I usually make my own christmas cards but that might end up being a lot, LOL.

most buy them but a few are brave enough to make them :) After it is over i give a who had who list.

Eve thanks for doing the exchange again this year :D I can't wait to start shopping!

love2beurwifey - seriously you should consider yourself lucky that you got to participate in the Summer Exchange as I don't think you should have been allowed. Eve is running this thing and what she says goes as the rules stated.

Here is the 2005 Exchange thread where love2beurwifey flaked out: http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=17645&highlight=2005+exchange&page=8

Thanks again Eve for running this exchange. Its always fun to participate. I have been an elf in the past for those people who needed one, and I even got a lifegaurd this summer.

Love2beurwifey- I know things happen, good and bad that we can not always prevent. I know Eve understands this too. This is an at your own risk exchange with GD not being liable. Eve has done this for several years to keep it running smoothly in hopes to have the least amount of elves needed. With that being said If since Eve plans this exchange, she is at liberty to decide number of post required, past experances etc to determine who can be a part of this exchange. If you have a problem please keep it in a PM vs On the board.

oh how exciting time is almost up, i better start looking around for christmas cards, most years i buy them after christmas but i did not do that last year. there are so many christmas cards out there already.:razz:

i know, we are so close to getting the list and everything, i will start sending info next weekend, but it may take a few days at least (a week?) before it is all done.