184 members have voted

1. 1. How much of your shopping is done

• None, but I always wait for BF
    • None and I am getting nervous
    • A few gifts are done
    • I am half finished
    • My kids are finished
    • I am completely done

I only have 5 people left to buy for and then I have to finish some homemade Christmas ornaments. I want to be done by Halloween so I can just sit back and enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas and not have to worry about fighting the crowds for that last Christmas present.

Stacy

I never even think of Christmas shopping until BF, but I did buy my dad something to give my mom from a catalog. The thing about Christmas shopping that I HATE is that I'm always doing other people's shopping too, like getting my mother things from my dad. Every year, I over-buy on BF and "sell" that stuff to my other family members for them to give on Christmas and that's kind of my own fault. Last year I got into a bad place where people were counting on me for their Christmas shopping AND I had to buy my boyfriend things to get my family because he was clueless. It really took away from the spirit of gift-giving.

I'm just about done, but put myself down as being half done, because I always end up going overboard! I have one major thing to buy for DS (only thing he's asked for this year was a Lego Mindstorm NXT) and a few smaller things. My family is done for the most part. Since we're going home for christmas this year, we're trying to do smaller gifts.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Goodness, wish I was there. I'm usually about 1/3 done by now, and I usually do another 1/3 on BF and the rest just before Christmas w/ a bonus check.

Not this year. I've bought next to nothing that I need. I'm maybe 1/10th done. I only have 2 small things for my son, and he is the biggest part of my budget. Along w/ a few other gifts I needed to buy. I'm starting to stress big time. Oh and no bonus check this year to help things along......

• 2 weeks later...

1 gift of mine has to go back, as it was for my neice and nephew- bought them the V-tech motion (they are 4&6). My sister is got them Wii. So, the V-tech system will be nothing compared to that, so I'm less done than I thought.

Though I did pick up 3 more gifts this week. Slowly but surely getting there. So far the BF ads are not looking promising for me though.

About half done here. Im trying to save some items for December as I love to be out in the hustle and bustle Christmas shopping rush, but I'm just finding too many deals to pass up :)

Only about 2 items left to get dd, 4-5 things for dh and then other than 2 things I am buying for myself, the only others that are left are parents.

I picked up just a few items so far. All of them were deals too good to pass up except for one - I got the Apple itouch for my son. It is the only thing he asked for so far and I didn't want to worry about running around later looking for one, so I just went and got it a few weeks ago. They won't go on sale anyway. :no:

I have everything done except for stocking stuffers and the in-laws and they refuse to draw names any time before Thanksgiving. :rolleyes:

I'm going to try to talk them out of doing gifts this year due to the economy. I hate buying stuff just for the sake of presents, I only see some of these people once a year!

i just finished with my moms side of the family. Thanks to Amazon.com. Got my grandad a new crossword dictionary he does crosswords like crazy for 12.00 (it was 18.00 every where else) a new scrabble dictionary for my grandma, our whole family loves Scrabble but shes the Scrabble guru and goes by the book. Got that for 7.50 ... Yay!

:g_dance::holiday16:holiday08

• 4 weeks later...