How many people do you shop with?

shopping mom

Usually I go alone, but sometimes family would tag along. This year I am going with my sister and mother.

The last time we went shopping on BF was pretty fun. It was my sister's first time out on BF and we all had a blast. My sister complained a bit, but later she admitted she had fun.

• 3 weeks later...
Myself, Mom, Aunt (mom's sister) and Hubby....Though I love that my hubby has learned to like going to shop on BF it makes it very hard to shop for him!!! It requires some creativity on my part! Sometimes we do split up because he has discovered the need to shop on BF for me too in the past year or two.

By myself.. I dont want anyone to slow me down..lol....Last Thanksgiving at Aunt Martha's house, I was spreading my ads out and everyone was poo-pooing BF.."I can't believe you get up that early to go shopping" Then they were looking at the ads and saying "Since your out can you pick up...." and I said "No!! If you want it that badly, I will see you in the line tomorrow." Then my friend wanted to go with me last year and she is notoriously late. I told her I will meet her at the store at such and such time. I went to the store when she didnt show..I continued on my plan (cannot deviate from the plan!) Then she called asking where I was..I told her I had moved to the next store because she was late..Sorry I just cant wait for someone..gotta keep going!! LOL Gosh this makes me sound harsh..but whoever said BF is a full contact sport is not kidding!! I cant wait around for people...those deals go fast!!

I guess If I had someone who is dedicated to BF as I am..well I guess I wouldnt mind them coming with me..

I shop with my inlaws - I never thought I would shop on Black Friday but as my name reveals... I do and love it.

We have about 16 of us that shop 2-3 people per store. We meet on Thursday evening at my mil and by this time most have their list made out. you are required to have each store on a seperate piece of paper and then whomever is going to "that" store has a huddle to see what time they meet and who is getting what. We bring a couple extra laptops just to retype lists. The first year newbies come they think we are crazy :eyepoppin but the next year they are back with their lists all ready to go. Then we are done with our store we know who we need to contact to help out! Usually there is one person in charge of the cart and they are located in a specific spot in a store so we just need to bring items to that person and they check off the list and then tell what's left to get!!

We are usually at the first store at least one hour before opening (usually 4 a.m.) then by 8:30 we are all having breakfast at McDonalds to see what else is left to get - the none early bird items.

Then on Sunday we meet at mil again and divided things up and to eschange who owes who what. This is a process that took a few years to figure out. Now we pass around envelopes you write on the outside of the envelope how much that person owes you and put the receipt or copy of it in the envelope and then exchange checks!!

It is family tradition now as muc has deer hunting is!!

Kris - Minnesota:D

IT started out i would shop with my Best Friend.. When my daughter turned 13, it was actually her bday that year.. she joined our group.. each year we add someone.. my 2 daughters, me, my BFF, her 2 oldest children, friends of the kids, friends of ours. we end up in the paper every year cuz we have a blast.. we get there early.. we set up a big enclosed tent, turn on the battery operated heaters, pull out the chairs, tables, play cards, dvd players for the kids to watch movies.. nobody under 13 comes along and we bring no husbands.. we stop at speedway on the way and pick up hot chocolate.. it's one of our favorite days of the year.. we love it! We always start at walmart.. our walmart passes out maps of where the "items" are located.. we sort out directions and game plans to each other.. so many this way, so many that way,etc.. we are usually in the door, paid for and out the door within 3 or 4 minutes. we are first in the door and usually first in line to pay.. we usually have about 2 or 3 cart loads full each. our system has worked for us. we don't take from others in line..if we don't want something, we don't take a ticket for it. (yes they pass out tickets - 1 per person- early enough ahead of time. your name has to be written on it, and you have to show ID to purchase it., that's only for the big priced itmes tho.)

before i go shopping, i take my kids to the macy's parade in NYC.. then hurry and drive back which is a 10 - 12 hour drive depending on road conditions.. I am a full blown BF shopper.. (addicted) lol

I Can't wait for BF...

My husband and I usually leave the children at his mom's house then we go and shop Black Friday together. Most of our shopping on Black Friday is done for our children but if we see something else we will pick that up too. We try to shop for each other when we are not together. We have a great time finding deals then go and eat breakfast afterward. Then off to pick up the children with them not knowing all of the goodies we just got for them. Sneaky indeed, muhahaha!