Survey General Discussion~Questions & Answers

I have been looking for a panel to join where I can take surveys via my cell...whether it be a website made to work on a cell or via text messaging! I'm not sure if they even exsist! If anyone knows of any i sure would appreciate a heads up!

I love this forum by the way, I have found lots of info here...and have joined lots of the sites recommended by you all...thank you all for all the time and effort you've put in to help out so many others! ;-)

I have been looking for a panel to join where I can take surveys via my cell...whether it be a website made to work on a cell or via text messaging! I'm not sure if they even exsist! If anyone knows of any i sure would appreciate a heads up!

I love this forum by the way, I have found lots of info here...and have joined lots of the sites recommended by you all...thank you all for all the time and effort you've put in to help out so many others! ;-)

Hi and welcome!

I have seen cellphone panels but I don't know where...give me some time to think on it and I will get back to you. I do know that there is one from windows mobile but I ill have to look for the link.

Here is a quick one to try. www.your2cents.com

They ask how you would like to be contacted and cell phone / text message / im are choices. Since I selected only contact via e-mail, I hardly ever get surveys from them. Maybe they are moving away from e-mail? Just my 2 cents . . .

Thanks boopy63 I am already signed up to that site but don't remember having that option. I signed up before I had any of this on my cell though, so I probably didn't pay much attention to those details :cheesy: so I'll give it a try now! I don't get very many surveys from them either, although I did do a product test for them not too long ago and was able to cash out, but have not recieved any surveys at all since then! Thanks!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone...this is my first time posting on here and I thought I'd jump right in and give my two cents on surveys. I've been doing them for a couple of years and the extra money is great. But it's a dedication. As you know, some of the surveys are SO boring and you answer the same question a 100 different ways. Lately I've noticed a trend that's not very fair. If you're in the middle of a survey all of the sudden your transferred to another survey site to answer more questions, then you go back to the original survey. That's a rip off. Especially if you're a member of both survey panels. You only get credit for one! And that's my two cents. ;)

Hi everyone...this is my first time posting on here and I thought I'd jump right in and give my two cents on surveys. I've been doing them for a couple of years and the extra money is great. But it's a dedication. As you know, some of the surveys are SO boring and you answer the same question a 100 different ways. Lately I've noticed a trend that's not very fair. If you're in the middle of a survey all of the sudden your transferred to another survey site to answer more questions, then you go back to the original survey. That's a rip off. Especially if you're a member of both survey panels. You only get credit for one! And that's my two cents. ;)

Hi Laura and welcome to gottadeal.com! Thanks for you input, I too have noticed that as well...dang it is frustrating then they are getting 2 surveys for the points of one...ugh! Sadly I still do them...:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
I did a survery for Surveyhead and I finished it even to the last part where it ask you again for demographics. I've been doing surveys for a year now so I know what is DQ and not and it went back to their website as usual and told me that I did not qualified for the survey.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine is usually like ... age ... gender ... country ... sorry.

One time I suspected that they profile by ethnicity, I selected Hispanic and sure enough it disqualifies me immediately. The survey I took earlier selecting Caucasian and it allowed me to continue. Maybe it was age? But it's hard not to be skeptical

If market research is the purpose, than why do they disqualify people based on certain demographics? It doesn't make sense to me. Anyone else have a clue? It would seem to me to exclude a demographic would only be a disservice to the business, and they wouldn't be able to cut into that market.

• 2 weeks later...

with pop culture. Just took a survey and of the 25 people whose photos they showed I knew .... *drum roll* .... just one!!

Sad thing was the only one I knew was Obama. For all the rest of the photos I put down I don't know who they are.

I understand...lol I did a survey not long ago about movie stars or famous people they listed about 50 people and I knew maybe 4 of them...lmao I guess I am just getting old...lol

• 1 month later...
Did anyone else here do a survey in the last few months on the 50 Million Pound Challenge, sponsored by State Farm? If you did participate, do you remember the name of the survey company? Thanks for any help!

Did anyone else here do a survey in the last few months on the 50 Million Pound Challenge, sponsored by State Farm? If you did participate, do you remember the name of the survey company? Thanks for any help!

Anyone? Anyone . . . . :fluffy:

• 1 month later...

What are the best sites to sign up for that people have had success with? I dont want to waste my time on surveys and Im not going to be rewarded for them. Thanks.

Depends on what you are looking for points accumulation, cash out for check or gift card once you hit a certain number? Phone/Online/In Person focus groups that pay in check within 6-8 weeks?

There are tons of great sites out there see this thread http://forums.gottadeal.com/showthread.php?t=112583

• 1 month later...

Hello, my name is Micki and I'm a stay at home mom..I'm looking to start doing surveys to make some extra money for groceries and christmas and anything else that comes up...I looked at the thread about the different one..but I'm confused...LOL is there any you would recommend starting out? I'm looking for cash payout and or gift cards..or paypal...:) thanks so much for this site...now back to reading.

Oh also..I noticed the thread about ********...that is one that I have signed with...is that not a good one? couldn't find anything else about it.

Thanks

Micki

Edited by DramaQueenLucy

Hello, my name is Micki and I'm a stay at home mom..I'm looking to start doing surveys to make some extra money for groceries and christmas and anything else that comes up...I looked at the thread about the different one..but I'm confused...LOL is there any you would recommend starting out? I'm looking for cash payout and or gift cards..or paypal...:) thanks so much for this site...now back to reading.

Oh also..I noticed the thread about ********...that is one that I have signed with...is that not a good one? couldn't find anything else about it.

Thanks

Micki

Hi and welsome to GottaDeal :) Other good sites depend on your demographics but I like Survey Spot, Opinion Outpost & Stanford

ok another ? from a dingbat...LOL how do you keep up with them all????

thanks

Micki

I personally get LOTS of emails from the companies to let me know when they have a new survey to take. I get them alot from Opinion Outpost and Survey spot, and every once in awhile from others.

• 1 month later...