Staples 1cent sale.. starts July 6th!

dmmiller

Yep, they let me get 25 items this year. Got 25 of the purell, pencils and folders! Going back today to get 25 more of the pencils and purell.

I also got the highlighters for DD for college!

Looking forward to more sales!!

Yep, they let me get 25 items this year. Got 25 of the purell, pencils and folders! Going back today to get 25 more of the pencils and purell.

I also got the highlighters for DD for college!

Looking forward to more sales!!

I went to our local Staples (only one around in 60 miles) and they said the limits were being strictly enforced and teachers had no higher limits like in the past years. Bummer. Wonder if this is only our local store or really a system-wide situation that simply is not being enforced in other locations.

I picked up the cheap and FAR deals yesterday, and wanted to mention a BONUS 1 cent item I found (not advertised in my flyer). In addition to the Dixon 8 pk of pencils (plastic wrapper) for 1 cent, our local store also had Dixon ORIOLE 12 pk of pencils (cardboard box) for 1 cent (limit 2). So there's a way to get 40 pencils (two 8-pks + two 12-pks) for 4 whole cents!!!

Has anyone tried to price match the 1 cent items at WalMart? I was thinking of doing that. My closest Staples store is 20+miles. Please post if you were successful at price matching.

TIA

I got 25 of each item. I had to show my school ID, and the manager had to approve it, but it wasn't a big deal. I went back later tonight and they were out of the purell, but I picked up 10 more folders and 4 of the binders that I had forgotten this morning. The teacher I worked with/for last year used a different colored folder for each class and made them keep a "portfolio/notebook". I don't know what the new teacher will do, but it's better to have them, than to not

Went about 7pm this evening and there was plenty of everything, DD and I both got all the penny stuff and the quarter notebooks for $1.23 each. We now have stuff for kids back to school plus the school church is adopting and the school work is adopting. Can't wait for next weeks deals!

I talked to the cashier.. and asked her if they were doing different 1 cent things each week, she told me no. But they were going to do another 1 cent sale next month, closer to school start.

She Also said this sale is suppose to end today (wed.)

Has anyone tried to price match the 1 cent items at WalMart? I was thinking of doing that. My closest Staples store is 20+miles. Please post if you were successful at price matching.

TIA

I thought about the same thing. Only problem I can imagine having is that it has to be the same brand. I don't know if they carry the same brands.

I thought about the same thing. Only problem I can imagine having is that it has to be the same brand. I don't know if they carry the same brands.

I think that is why they put item numbers in the ad. I don't think you can price match unless it is the same item number. Just like tv's during black friday. Everyone just has to have their own stinkin model number!

Today... at our local staples.. a box of next weeks sales ads were sent by mistake... and the manager.. let me look at it... go figure... they have 5cent sales.. on rulers, protractors, eraser caps... but nothing else much... except.. the Sony 2G flash drive will be $12.98... and omg.. it is awesome.. not only does it have a place to put a lanyard.. but.. it is rectractable... like an ink pen.. it clicks out and back in.. it was great...he also said.. they have been keeping the sales under wraps... not even giving them the ads til 2 days before it starts.. and that there would be a few more closer to school starting...

Today... at our local staples.. a box of next weeks sales ads were sent by mistake... and the manager.. let me look at it... go figure... they have 5cent sales.. on rulers, protractors, eraser caps... but nothing else much... except.. the Sony 2G flash drive will be $12.98... and omg.. it is awesome.. not only does it have a place to put a lanyard.. but.. it is rectractable... like an ink pen.. it clicks out and back in.. it was great...he also said.. they have been keeping the sales under wraps... not even giving them the ads til 2 days before it starts.. and that there would be a few more closer to school starting...

sounds like that is office depots sale from tis week but theres was a penny not 5 cents.. well the one near me anyway.

I was able to price match everything in the staples ad that I wanted at walmart. I limited what I matched, but as far as the checker was concerned, he didn't care how many items I had. Hope that helps someone with the next ad. :)