Walgreen's Deal Discussion - JULY

dantegirl

What are RR?

RR is short for register rewards. Walgreens will offer these register rewards if you buy a certain quantity or dollar amount of specified products (you can find them listed in the weekly circular). These register rewards can be used like cash on your next purchase. However, you have to be careful with register rewards. They usually expire 2 weeks from the issue date.

Things to Remember……

At most stores, you are only able to use one register reward coupon per transaction.

Another hang up with RR, is say you make a purchase, and use your RR to pay for the item(s), and the item(s) you purchase are part of a RR deal... your new RR will not print out.

Your pretax total must be more or equal to your RR amount in order for you to redeem RR.

RR count as manufacturer coupons as far as the register is concerned, and you are only allowed to use as many man. Q's as you have items. But you can use a man. Q, store Q, and pay with a register reward - just make sure you have a filler item.

What is the Easy Saver Catalog?

The Easy Saver Catalog lists all the monthly Walgreens deals with coupons and rebate information for the products listed in the catalog. This catalog is available in the front of the store by the weekly sales ads or can be found on-line.

You can mail your rebates in or use the newly available on-line system here:

http://www.walgreens.com/store/rebateclub.jsp

6/29 – 7/5 RR and Deals:

Buy Clairol Perfect 10 Hair Color - $11.99, Get $5 Coupon

Scunci Hair Accessories – 3/ $10 - $5 RR = 3/ $5

Post Cereal – 2/ $5 - $2 RR = 2/ $3

Tide Detergent - $11.99 - $1 RR = $10.99

Buy 2, Get $1 RR – Buy 4, Get $3 RR

Vaseline Intensive Care Lotion – B1G1 50%

Buy 3 or more, Get $5 RR

Comfort Stretch Diapers or Training Pants - $5.99

Comfort Stretch Wipes - $8.99

Infant Formula - $11.99

Johnson’s Baby Lotion or Wash - $5.99

Desitin - $5.99

Children’s Tylenol or Motrin - $4.99

The Scrubbing Bubbles Shower refills are on sale this week 2/$6 and there is a rebate of $1 per refill with a max of 4. There are various coupons out there for these .. Target and Walmart don't even sell them this cheap!

Even without the rebate, this is a good price!

Here's a money maker if you got the buy 2 get 1 free by mail Sure coupon in the paper last month.

Sure is 2.99 and there is a $1.50 coupon in the Easy Saver book. Add the $1.00 mfrg coupon and that brings it down to $.49 cents. If you buy two, you can send in the receipt and get a refund on the 2nd. They refund the price and can't really tell if you used a coupon, so you would get back the full 2.99.

The Intuition razors are on sale this week for 7.99, there is a $2 coupon in the ES book, add that to the $2 off coupon, and you can get the refills down to 3.99.

It seems to me that CVS and Walgreens deals are so similiar to each other this month. I'd rather spend less money out of pocket - so it looks like I'll be shopping at Walgreens this week.

6/29 – 7/5 RR and Deals:[/

Buy 3 or more, Get $5 RR

There is a 5.00 coupon off 2 packs in the easy saver book, plus at the pharmacy

there is a flyer with a Q for 2.00 off these dipes . Reported at some Wags (YMMV) that both Q's will scan..so 5.99 for the dipes minus 4.50 in Q's. This only works on the jumbo red. and then you get the $5RR

6/29 – 7/5 RR and Deals:[/

Buy 3 or more, Get $5 RR

There is a 5.00 coupon off 2 packs in the easy saver book, plus at the pharmacy

there is a flyer with a Q for 2.00 off these dipes . Reported at some Wags (YMMV) that both Q's will scan..so 5.99 for the dipes minus 4.50 in Q's. This only works on the jumbo red. and then you get the $5RR

I've done this a few times myself. Any jumbo Walgreen's brand diapers or training pants work with the coupons - as long as they are in the older packaging. The older package has the word "Walgreen's" spelled out. The newer packages have just the letter "w". It works out to 4.47 + tax for 3 packages, and you get a $5RR back. Have fun!

Be sure to check out the baby aisle for HUGE CLEARANCE finds :)

Today got the following clearance items.....

Huggies Wipes (384 ct.) - $6 after Q (orig. $12)

Huggies Size 4 Overnight diapers - $7.50 after Q (orig $14)

Huggies Supreme Size 4 MEGA pack - $9 after Q (orig $16)

Gerber no-Spill Training Cup - $0.99 after Q (Easy saver + MFR) (Orig. $4.99)

2 / Huggies Clean Team Wipes - $0.99 after Q

J&J Cucumber Melon Baby Lotion - $2.89 after Q (easy saver & MFR)

-This J&J also counts towards the $5 RR deal -

Also, found:

2 pack body sponges - $0.50 (orig. $1.00)

7/6 - 7/12 RR and Deals:

Kellogg’s Cereal – 4/ $10 - $2 RR = 4/ $8

12 Pack Pepsi – 3/$12 - $2 RR = 3/ $10

Zantac - $19.99 - $3 RR = $16.99

Bayer Heart Advantage Aspirin - $4.99 - $2 RR = $2.99

Tide or Gain Detergent – 2/ $12 - $2 RR = 2/ $10

Spend $15, Get $3 RR – Spend $30, Get $7 RR

Bounce or Downy Fabric Softeners - $3.79

Cascade Liquid - $3.99

Swiffer Products

Duracell - $8.99

Mr. Clean - $1.99

Gillette Razors - $8.99

Gillette Disposables - $5.99

Gillette Body Wash - $3.99

Secret Antiperspirant - $3.99

Secret, Gillette or Old Spice Clinical Deodorant - $7.99

Gillette, Old Spice, TAG deodorant – 3/ $10

Gillette Shave Gel - $1.99

Herbal Essence, Pantene, Head & Shoulders, Infusium Shampoo/Cond. – 2/ $12

Aussie or Herbal Essence Hair Care- 3/ $10

Clairol Nice & Easy or Natural Instincts Hair Color - $5.99

Pantene Expressions or Restoratives – 2/ $10

Olay Quench Lotion or Thermal Pedicure – 25% off

Crest or Oral-B Dental Care – 2/ $5

Crest Whitestrips - $5 off

Oral-B Vitality Bonus Pack - $19.99

Thermal Care Pain Relief - $5.99 / $7.99

Metamucil or Fibersure - $9.99

Prilosec OTC - $25.99

JULY month-long deal

Buy 3 or more, Get $5 RR

Comfort Stretch Diapers or Training Pants

Comfort Stretch Wipes

Infant Formula

Johnson’s Baby Lotion or Wash

Desitin

Children’s Tylenol or Motrin

Edited by dantegirl

Will the comfort stretch diapers still be $5.99 next week?

I need some of the things in next week's RR deal list. Time to start working on a plan...

Thanks, Dantegirl!

My mistake....the $5 RR deal is valid all month but the diapers are not in the ad as being on sale this week. Although, I did see talk elsewhere that they will be $5.99 again at the end of the month (week of the 20th).

7/13 - 7/19 RR and Deals....

Coppertone Suntan Lotion- $7.99 - $1 RR = $6.99

Aleve Pain Relief- $3.49 - $1 RR = $2.49

Kotex Feminine Care - 2/ $6 - $2 RR = 2/$4

Depends underwear or Poise Pads - $11.99 - $2 RR = $9.99

Buy 2, Get $2 RR - Buy 3, Get $3 RR - Buy 4, Get $5 RR - Buy 5 or More, Get $6 RR

Sunsilk Hair Care- $2.99

Dove Skin Care or Lotion- 25%

Dove Wash or Bar Soap- $5.99

Dove / Degree Antiperspirant - $3.49

Q-Tips - $3.49

Buy 2, Get $1 RR - Buy 3, Get $2 RR - Buy 4, Get $4 RR

Clorox Wipes

Liquid Plummer Gel

Clorox Toilet Bleach Tablets

409 Spray

Tilex Spray

Pinesol

Clorox Bleach Pen

Clorox Laundry

Just.. fyi... when i was in walgreens today... buying school supplies that are on sale this week... the manager said... that the first of Aug... they would be doing their penny and nickel sales... sooooo I would keep an eye out for it...

In our Walgreens ad was a buy one get one for the Mead 5 Star spiral notebooks, I picked up a few for DD. The 3 and 5 subject notebooks are included with the sale, but are not stocked with the school supplies, they are over with the stationary. I appreciated the sales clerk mentioning this, as DD goes through a LOT of these in a school year.

Oh--they are making the Mead spirals in a 10 1/2 x 8 1/2 size, so if you really need 11x8 1/2 be sure to check. DD's teachers all want the full size ones, learned that lesson the hard way.

7/20 – 7/26 RR and Deals

Buy a Walgreens Photo Memory Card, Get a RR for 25 FREE prints

Buy $30 or more of ROC skin care, Get $10 RR

Buy Degree or Dove Clinical Protection, Get $2 RR for your next purchase

Clairol perfect 10 Hair color: $11.99 - $3 RR = $8.99

Olay: $23.99 - $4 RR = $19.99

Cortizone 10: $4.99 - $1 RR = $3.99

Claritin: $24.99 - $5 RR = $19.99

Buy 3 or more, Get $5 RR

Comfort Stretch Wipes - $5.99

Johnson’s Baby Lotion or Wash - $5.99

Desitin - $5.99

There are some pretty good deals in this weeks Walgreen's ad. Here's what I found:

If any still needs folders... Penway 2 pocket folders - 5 cents (limit 5 w/ad coupon)

5 Pack Paper Mate Mechanical Pencils - 5 cents (limit 3 w/ad coupon)

Penway Mini Composition Book - 5 cents (limit 4 w/ad coupon)

Penway Highlighter - 5 cents (limit 3 w/ad coupon)

2 pk. Pilot G2 gel ink pens - FAR

Crayola Washable Markers (8 pk. Classic, 12 pk. Doodling, or 20 pk. Super Tips) - FAR

Pantene Beautiful Lengths shampoo or conditioner - 2/$8 - (2)$2 manufacturer's coupons (from last weeks P&G insert) - $4/2 rebate = free

There are some pretty good deals in this weeks Walgreen's ad. Here's what I found:

If any still needs folders... Penway 2 pocket folders - 5 cents (limit 5 w/ad coupon)

5 Pack Paper Mate Mechanical Pencils - 5 cents (limit 3 w/ad coupon)

Penway Mini Composition Book - 5 cents (limit 4 w/ad coupon)

Penway Highlighter - 5 cents (limit 3 w/ad coupon)

2 pk. Pilot G2 gel ink pens - FAR

Crayola Washable Markers (8 pk. Classic, 12 pk. Doodling, or 20 pk. Super Tips) - FAR

Pantene Beautiful Lengths shampoo or conditioner - 2/$8 - (2)$2 manufacturer's coupons (from last weeks P&G insert) - $4/2 rebate = free

They also have the non breakable rulers for .19 and a 5 pack of Bic Hilighters for $.39 and my favorite pens (Uniball 207's) in the 2 pack for $1.50

Ok.. did anyone get the razors??? There was a $2.00 off coupon in the Sunday paper... for bic comfort 3 razors... the sale ad had a $2.99 coupon for the razors... and then i used the coupon... so I scored the razors for $.99... i was tickled pink.. with dh and 3 girls shaving... i went back twice... lol...

Besides the ad sales this week, there were really good clearance deals at my walgreens througouth the store, but the $1 section was 50% off too. I got 4 500 pk. of q-tips for .50 ea (Walgreens brand), a pack of 3 plastic hair clips for .50, 18 boxes of raisins for 1.50, .50 pk of 4 toothebrushes.... just a whole gang of stuff. I am considering going back.

I went today hoping to get in on some of the back-to-school deals. They were out of everything except paper clips and stretchable book covers. The manager said they had people lined up out the door for that stuff earlier in the week but would be getting more in tomorrow. He said to be there after 4:00 and they'd have it on the shelves. I'm going back.

If you're looking for the deals, you may want to check at your store to see if another shipment is coming in.

Please help me. I'm trying to do a rebate from the July 25-August 30 EasySaver Catalog and I'm trying to do it online. I already registered. I'm going to the Walgreens site, then to the EasySaver site. I click on "Claim Rebates" in the box on the right which take me to the following page.....

Back to Walgreens Home - Back to Easy Saver Home

EasySaver™Claims

Have a question?

Read EasySaver™ online Q&A.

To enter rebates online:

Enter your receipts.

Choose payment and confirm home address.

We will send a confirmation e-mail.

Keep your original receipts until you receive your rebates.

Choose rebate month:

EasySaver Catalog Status Actions

Easy Saver August 2008

Jul 25, 2008 thru Aug 30, 2008

View catalog No receipts added Start/add receipt

EasySaver July 2008

Jun 27, 2008 thru Jul 26, 2008

View catalog No receipts added Start/add receipt

Now I have copy & pasted this. I can see all the info on the page except for the

"Start/add receipt". It's there when I copy and paste it like above but not there when I look at the page itself. There's nothing to click on except to view the Catalog, which I don't need.

Am I the only person who can't see the Start/add receipt? Any suggestions on why I can't see it? If you can see it, where's it at? I've even tried highlighting everything and it's just not there.

Thanks for Any help.

Go to www.walgreens.com

Click on - Easy Saver View Current Offers (in the middle of the page)

then - Claim Rebates (on the right side)

enter your user name & password & click on log-in

click on - start/add receipt (on the right side under actions)

under select click on the box of any offer you are submitting a rebate for

click continue on the bottom of the page

and a page comes up & says enter receipts

enter the numbers & click save receipt

and make sure you save it for later, if you submit it you cannot submit any more rebates for the month, I usually wait until the end of the month

I followed you right up to the part where you click under 'actions'. I have no 'actions' coloumn on my page. I have 'EasySaver Catalog' Then 'Status' and there's nothing after that. Is there supposed to be an 'actions' column? Is it just me or is it down right now for some reason?