Save $750 on $1499+ on Selected Dell Inspiron Laptops - Starts Tomorrow - Dell Home Office

GottaDEAL

Order placed :)

$1403 base + $125 WSXGA upgrade

- $30 BigBucks coupon

- $750 off $1499 coupon

========================================

$748 with 0% Oregon sales tax and free shipping!

I considered getting the all-in-one for discounted price of $35 to resell on eBay until I saw the prices. The market is flooded with those models. I can sell the cheap "free" printer locally for around $35.

Congratulations, Ross - both on the deal, and getting out of bed in time.

Now I just have two upgrades left:

Sell 256MB RAM and buy 512MB from NewEgg, ZZF or Crucial.com

Maybe sell 6 cell battery and buy 9 cell battery

Just be aware that for dual channel support, the DIMMs must be added in pairs matching in both size and speed, Ross.

Notebookforums has a rather concise FAQ here.

Anyone know how much longer a 9 cell battery last compared to the 6 cell? Is it worth the $100 for those 3 extra cells or should I get a seperate 9 cell for 30 more?

Its either battery or the 80gb hd I'm trying to choose on..

Anyone know how much longer a 9 cell battery last compared to the 6 cell? Is it worth the $100 for those 3 extra cells or should I get a seperate 9 cell for 30 more?

Its either battery or the 80gb hd I'm trying to choose on..

Here's some excellent advice I found on another forum. If you upgrade to the 9 cell battery, choose

9-cell Lithium Ion Battery Additional Battery (80 WHr) [add $129 or $4/month1] Enables Extended Battery Life

instead of "upgrading" from 6 cell to 9 cell for an extra $99.

For the difference of $30 you get TWO batteries, the original 6 cell plus your additional 9 cell.

As ActuaryTm mentioned here is an excellent Inspiron 6000 FAQ courtesy of NotebookForums.com

I opted for the upgrade to the better 15.4" WSXGA+ display which trust me is worth every last penny! After that $125 upgrade I would go for the battery or hard drive. Whichever you think you'll get more use out of.

40GB hard drive is perfect for me. I kept the standard 6 cell battery which should last around 3 hours on full power with WiFi on.

Yeah, it looks like the coupon must have been killed, even though Dell still shows the code on their own site.

It was including in the e-mail because that e-mail is all the deals posted in the last 24 hours. the coupon was working last night, which is why it showed up.

Dell has been updated that page linked in the first post when the deals have expired, but there must not be anyone there over the weekend, lol.