Scholastic Warehouse Book Sales for May

sbaldasare

That's a bummer, this will be the first one I'm going to, I'm also working it, not sure of the times though she was supposed to call me back this week to remind me but never did, i'm gonna have to check my emails and try and get the numbers to call her, hopefully this one will be better than your experience. I wonder why they all seem to be different?

Sorry you had a bad experience:(

Ours was junk! I was so mad!

I got several books with a price sticker on the front. Above the case, it said 50% off. When I got to the checkout, they said those were priced like the sticker. No discounts. With that, my total was $37, but since she had already rang me up, she wouldn't let me go back for more to use my coupon.

I would have left everything, but I had a friend's stuff, too.

Also, they were begging for volunteers for Saturday. Funny thing is that I and several others had signed up and were never called.

That really stinks. When I checked out, they gave me an additional coupon to use in case I came back again. I'm sorry you had such a bad experience too!! :(

I ended up having to switch my 3 hour shift from Tuesday to Wednesday, and the lady running that site's sale was fine with that. I had to leave for about an hour or so for a meeting and then I actually came back for another 2 hour shift as the sale ended. Everyone was very friendly at my sale in Bedford, NH.

The credit is for $20/hr worked...so in my case $100...but that was to use agaist REGULAR PRICE of items, not the 30-80% discount. I actually spent my $100 regular price credit (she actually gave me $101.xx) as well as $40.xx (after my $10 coupon on fast cart pass). My site manager was very specific about NOT being able to use the $10 off along with the credit voucher for working. They were rung up as seperate purchases. I was able to get a few posters for the kids new rooms, a paint a piggy bank kit, ATM machine kdis bank (we had wanted one, but I didn't want to pay full price!), several books and sets (Junie B Jones, Backyardigans phonics, animal, diego, transformers, etc) and a couple of hardcover books that I am including with a few new baby gifts I need to send out (book is called "someday"), some cookbooks and then little odds and ends like pens/pencils/erasers/mini-books.

The jobs I did varied, but included greeter/making sure people had registered to attend at home or via laptop on site, tidying up the books out, and then helping with the closing stuff (boxing up items on tables, sliding down the header cards on shelves, closing/locking the cases, taking down posters, etc). Nothing tough like scanning in items or handling money! LOL

At our sale, most of the kids kits, software, loose items were about 50% off. There were $1, $2, $3, $5, and a few $10 items marked...but other than that, you didn't know until checking out that some were only 30% off vs. 50%, for example. It wasn't super busy, so if someone was close to the $50 needed for coupon, they would let them grab a pen or some other filler.

I would do it again if I had the time. Site manager even bought us all a large Dunkin Donuts drink when she was out doing errands. Hope that helps!

Yay! I had fun. I worked 6.5 hours, and got 65$ credit. It was off the final price (so off the discounted price) offered to everyone else. They had "fill a box" in Bargain Alley for $20. So I filled a box for the school... lots of multi-pack books and TONS of Pens, pencils, erasers, and pencil sharpeners. This will be delivered tomorrow to DS teacher who will distribute the stuff appropriately throughout the school.

My kids got books and arts & Crafts kits, and wipe off baseball scoring sets... even DH got a magazine. Everyone got something (I got to go shopping...)

My local sale just finished up, and could not have been more FUN!! Our area scholastic rep is the sweetest person. We always have a great time. If any shopper was anywhere close to spending $50., we would always encourage them to go pick out something else. so that they could use their coupon. The volunteers were paid at $10 credit per hour for discounted books which equals out to $20. credit per hour w/o discount. The one in my town is not at a warehouse but the selection is outstanding. My kids and I cannot wait to get started on our summer reading!! If you've never been, I encourage you to go to Scholastic.com to find a sale near you. :smart:

I am volunteering next weekend but just on sat, which is the last day of the sale. Do you guys think that there will still be a good selection that day or should I try to go the first day of the sale as well?? I am so excited, and I really hope to find some fun things to give out at my daughters bday party.

It's so funny how in different areas things are different at these sales. I'm glad I went, I worked 2 days, got 110 in credit, used it all plus 14. There were no price difference from the first day to the last here, so in my part of the woods, it's best to get there the first day because there were more $1, $2 books to be had, we had no pack a box area, I would have loved that! But in all I had a good time, the place was actually in a really nice hotel, in a banquet room, so we didn't get dirty and they provided drinks, I will do it again if I can. We were never too busy when I was there so it was really easy work, and we were paid the $10 an hour and able to have the same prices as everyone else.

I just got back and I loved it!! They scholastic people were sooo nice. This is the last day of the sale, and they weren't marking anything cheaper, but that's ok, because I got a ton of great stuff. I got $55 in credit and they also let me use the $10 off of 50. I still spent 60, but I came home with a whole box of books. I bought a lot of books to give out for my daughters bday as favors, they were like .50-1.50. I also bought a lot of erasers, they were like 22.5 cents each. My mom volunteered with me and we both enjoyed it. It was in a nice hotel, they brought us bagels and water. THANKS OP for letting me know about this!!

• 3 months later...

I just got back. I worked 7.5 hr. I got 90$ (warehouse price) of stuff. Paid zero. 90 warehouse = AT LEAST $180 cover price (although I got at last 45 packs of books for a buck a piece... and they have 2, 3, or more books in them. 20 w/ Madlibs for DD class 20 w/ halloween books for DS class.)

Oh, yeah, it was fun :D