Tracfone Motorola C139-4 Prepaid Cell Phone w/Double Minutes For Life $12.88 Walmart

Fishboysmom

I usually get the 1 year of service for $99 and 400 or 500 minutes, depending on whether there is a bonus offer going at the time. That is about 20 cents/minute by my calculation. They are currently having a special of 400 min plus 200 min (with bonus code 50900) and a year of service. If I was going to buy the phone mentioned by the OP, I'd do the 400 and double it (I don't think you'd be able to use the extra 200 min bonus also but I'm not sure). That would be 800 minutes for about 14 cents/minute. I don't use mine for much chatting, just a few calls here and there, so it is great for me. There is no way I could get a year of service anywhere else for about a $100.

I just looked at their site and they also this for the Flip phone lovers:

Motorola W370 $49.99

Includes Double Minutes for Life- ( a $ 49.99 value) FREE !

Flip phone with vivid color display from the designers of the MOTORAZR™

MP3 Ringtones plus Downloadable ringtones and graphics

Built in Hands-free Speaker phone

Edited by Sugar&Spice
to add the flip phone

If you can't find the phone at Walmart in your area, they have a deal going on right now where you can get the same phone plus 2 60 minute phone cards for $19.99 BUT it does not have the Double Minute for Life on it. I too love my Tracfone, one tip I would tell you is ALWAYS use an additional minute code when adding airtime. You can find the code by googling "Tracfone Codes" or you can join the Tracfone_Users yahoo group and there is a list of current codes in the database.

That would be 800 minutes for about 14 cents/minute. There is no way I could get a year of service anywhere else for about a $100.

I will stick with T-Mobile then.

I always pay less than $100 for 1000 minutes..good for 1 year :)

I do T-Mobile too and I believe if you put $100 on the card they give you an extra 150 mins for the $100 card and 15% MORE mins every time you add money to the phone...love t-mobile it is less than 10 cents a min and for pre-paid you can't get a better deal!

I will stick with T-Mobile then.

I always pay less than $100 for 1000 minutes..good for 1 year :)

I'm always up for a better deal, so I checked it out. Here is the message I got:

"T-Mobile does not currently provide service in the 26XXX area. However, we are continuously expanding service, so please check back again." :no: So...I'll stick with my Tracfone for now.

Ok. I don't know anything about Tracfone so can someone please answer these questions?

If I buy the phone and some minutes, do the minutes expire?

Can I transfer the number from my AT&T phone to at Tracfone?

Is text messaging available?

Thanks.

Try this link. It should take you right to the portability info. I have never done it myself, so I can't speak from experience on that topic. When I was checking out the portability, I noticed that they have 100 bonus minutes for switching your number if you get a double minute or 1 year plan.

https://www.tracfone.com/portability.jsp?nextPage=portability.jsp&task=portability

If I buy the phone and some minutes, do the minutes expire?

The minutes themselves don't expire, it is the service time that expires. For example, if you got 800 minutes for 365 days and at the end of the 365 days, still had 400 minutes left....you would still have the minutes but you would need to add time to the service for the phone to stay active. So, a day or two before the 365 are up, add minutes/service time. If you don't add service time within a few days (I'm not sure exactly how many), you lose your phone number. Yes, they do have text messaging. I doublechecked that model and it does have text. It deducts partial minutes for text...so it is cheaper. They also have some fairly new value plans. I think we will probably do the family plan for my dd and me when we renew.

I hope this makes sense. I worked midnights last night and I am ready to hit the hay!