Looking for a low end laptop

Guest episodic

Guest episodic

Budget as close or below 600 something $ as you can get. Something like the 650$ laptops that were recently sold would be great.

I don't believe dell charges for sales tax in my state.

Thanks for any help!

Guest episodic

Budget as close or below 600 something $ as you can get. Something like the 650$ laptops that were recently sold would be great.

I don't believe dell charges for sales tax in my state.

Thanks for any help!

Anyone?

Guest episodic

episodic -

Are there any features that you definitely need? Such as a minimum HD size, what kind of CD/DVD drive, wireless networking, etc?

No. I'd like a repuatable brand (compaq, toshiba, etc) - no unbranded laptops. . .

Bare min of a CD Drive 256 megs of ram (as long as I can expand later) 20-30 gigs harddrive space, I'd prefer a larger screen (nothing insane - just not like the little 12 in itty bitty ones you see).

I can add wireless with a card later if I want it.

I'd like an ethernet port, a modem port, standard ports, and usb.

I think that would do me. I prefer the Athlon Mobiles as well - but will be ok with a celeron - and an added bonus if it has mobile ATI graphics (again nothing extreme - but I would not mind occasionally playing a few lower end games.)

Guest Unregistered

Does anyone know if one will come out on the 4th of July?

No. I'd like a repuatable brand (compaq, toshiba, etc) - no unbranded laptops. . .

Bare min of a CD Drive 256 megs of ram (as long as I can expand later) 20-30 gigs harddrive space, I'd prefer a larger screen (nothing insane - just not like the little 12 in itty bitty ones you see).

I can add wireless with a card later if I want it.

I'd like an ethernet port, a modem port, standard ports, and usb.

I think that would do me. I prefer the Athlon Mobiles as well - but will be ok with a celeron - and an added bonus if it has mobile ATI graphics (again nothing extreme - but I would not mind occasionally playing a few lower end games.)

Unfortunately you're about a month too late. Last month, several stores sold the loaded Compaq Presario 2199US for $649 for $649 (Circuit City) after rebates.

Within your price range, you're probably looking at a 2.8GHz Celeron, 1.4.1" XGA, 256MB RAM, 30GB HD, DVD-ROM, and integrated graphics.

In case you weren't aware, we have a Hot Deals Laptops category.

There is a good possibility that Best Buy, Circuit City or CompUSA will have a "loss leader" laptop on sale the 4th of July weekend. If I see any great sub $700 laptop deals in the near future, I will gladly notify you.