New Dollar Tree

boblabontefan

Oh I have also bought food from there. Have not had anything stale yet. They do have to follow the same rules as the grocery stores, as in not selling expired food unless it is mraked as such. Or ours does anyway. My kids loves the frozen pretzels. They are yummy, and only $1 for 6, instead of the name brand for $3. And I love finding name brand foods there. My best find was Fig Newtons (full size packages) for just $1!

I signed up to get emails from them. Just today, I got an email from them saying they had brand name Ts in lots of colors for both adults and kids. I have also received craft pages from them in the past. I got a lot of different ideas around Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Here lately, I have been getting beads for my jewelry making and just last week, got some beaded ribbon.

Just some advice from an employee.

1. Find out when the truck comes in. Normally, hot items are rushed to the floor first. This would be any name brand item that would retail for at least $3-6 in other stores.

2. If you need to buy items in bulk, use the Dollar Tree Direct. Customers are more likely to get the items quicker than the store would. And if you ship to the store, you will not have to pay shipping.

3. Larger stores get better merchandise. But merchandise can always be transferred store to store.

4. Buy Gift Cards... They make great gifts.

• 3 weeks later...
I have had several "good finds" at Dollar Tree. The scrapbooking supplies are very reasonable & cute. I have found some VHS kids tapes there and also some computer games for my daughter that were really good (Muppet Babies) for learning (colors, shapes, numbers). I also like the kids workbooks. They have some for learning to print, some general preschool activity books (which I keep in the car & we use them in restaurants while we're waiting for our food). I also have found some cute baby stuff in there, but you have to watch the quality. Some of the items are obviously cheap, but others aren't too bad. I also get craft items for my daughter in there for those rainy day projects. Oh, and can't forget wrapping paper, thank you cards & birthday cards. Have never tried the food there so can't say a lot about that. And, like everyone else, I usually spend around $20 by the time I walk out of there!

• 4 months later...

If you are still looking for cleaning products, try "the works"...a friend starting a cleaning business and swore by them....I couldn't believe it when I spotted them in Dollar store...

the aisle I always hit first is the glasswares...I love the glass serving bowls...I bought a whole bunch of the little glass bowls (like the small ones they have on cooking shows to dump the premeasured ingredients in)..those are three for a buck, and are great for dips...

I have been a huge fan for years... the new one just opened yesterday by me and I teased my DD that I should have called in sick to check it out.... she is 5 so she was amazed that "mommies can do that?" lol.... told her no, that we will go tonight. Had to convince her with a balloon.

NO where else to buy very cute gift bags......

I always buy the dried bananas and trail mix bags, they are the best. I don't buy a ton of groceries, but have never had problems.

The thing you NEED to get are the Absorbine Jr. pain relief pads. You take them out of the pack, stretch them to activate and remove the protective film, and apply to any place where you have muscle pains. The are a big size, have a gel size so they stick to your skin, and are WONDERFUL. They seriously help almost immediately with the pain, and the relief lasts for 6-8 hours. There is a little smell (the camphor and mint) but no one has ever noticed when I wear one (I have asked!!) They even help for period cramps.