Perimeter Perusing at Target (Target Clearance Deals) - 2008

Gator Pam

Just came back from Target

###207120364 High School Musical: Sing it! Bundle With Microphone for PS2 $14.98

It says on target.com that this is not available in the stores... it is 30 online but I wanted to see if anyone else has seen this item in the store.

Really? Now I'm curious too. My store had about 8 of them on the clearance endcap.

If anyone is looking for that High School Musical game. I had purchased one a couple of weeks ago at Best Buy on clearance. It was without the microphone, for $10.00. May be worth a try to look there is your Target doesn't have them. :)

Also, I think that sometimes the website will show that something is not available in stores when they clearance it out. It seems hit or miss, b/c other times it will show you if a particular store still has the item.

Baby clearance is starting! Many strollers were 30% off. I didn't check the other side or the carseats.

My Target had lots of baby gear for 30% off. It seemed like every brand of carseat, except Britax had a red sticker on it. The only stroller I saw on clearance was a Graco double one. There were many Circo and Dwell Studio brand baby stuff on clearance (sheets, burp cloths, pads, receiving blankets, etc). Gates, crib mattresses, and changing tables were on clearance too.

if they have red stickers, they already are clearance.

That's what I was thinking. they were all over the place and not marked as clearance on the price tag or item tag. I even scanned some items, not marked down yet. Like their target brand toy gift section ($10 robots, $15 walking dog, etc.)

That's what I was thinking. they were all over the place and not marked as clearance on the price tag or item tag. I even scanned some items, not marked down yet. Like their target brand toy gift section ($10 robots, $15 walking dog, etc.)

that's truly weird. was there anything on the tag at all? or just a blank tag? they don't really have any reason to do that, and others have indicated those toys are already 30% at their stores.

that's truly weird. was there anything on the tag at all? or just a blank tag? they don't really have any reason to do that, and others have indicated those toys are already 30% at their stores.

everything looked totally normal, except on the display bar (where the hooks are) there were tiny red circular dot stickers- smaller than a dime. I never paid attention in the past, but this year I was looking for deals- thanks to this thread ;)

everything looked totally normal, except on the display bar (where the hooks are) there were tiny red circular dot stickers- smaller than a dime. I never paid attention in the past, but this year I was looking for deals- thanks to this thread ;)

Ah! That is different, then. probably more related to resetting the department which some stores are already getting ready to do. Could be where they are going to set particular things. Could be almost anything, I suppose. Thought you meant they were the rectangular red stickers like they use for clearance.

I used to work for Target way back when. We used little dots like that to show that we had scanned that tag and the product was being odered. I forget what the different colors meant.

I used to work for Target way back when. We used little dots like that to show that we had scanned that tag and the product was being ordered. I forget what the different colors meant.

QUESTION ABOUT POST-CHRISTMAS CLEARANCE:

Just wondering what people thing we should do:

1. Keep this thread open until 12/31 (and include all Xmas clearance posts) and start normal new thread 1/1 (which may also have leftover Xmas posts).

2. Close this thread tonight and start new thread for Q1 2009 early so Xmas clearance will be at the beginning of the new thread and contained all in one thread.

3. Create a separate thread just for Xmas clearance discussion (and close this one 12/31 & open new one for 1/1)

Thoughts?

1. Keep this thread open until 12/31 (and include all Xmas clearance posts) and start normal new thread 1/1 (which may also have leftover Xmas posts).

2. Close this thread tonight and start new thread for Q1 2009 early so Xmas clearance will be at the beginning of the new thread and contained all in one thread.

3. Create a separate thread just for Xmas clearance discussion (and close this one 12/31 & open new one for 1/1)

Thoughts?

My vote is for starting a new thread just for Christmas. :)

Thoughts?

I'm for a new thread but my fear people will post in both. So I'd vote #2.

Also a special thread just for Xmas wouldn't have the auto-summary feature or the items posted on perimeterperusing.com, so that might be a reason to go with #2. Of course hardly anyone is using the standard format to get the items to appear in the summary anyway, so....