A Home Depot Rave!

bettyn100

I didn't know where else to put this.

I gotta rave about home depot. We purchased an electric hot water heater from home depot a few months ago. Well, yesterday it was only allowing about 5 minutes of hot water...not long enough for one person in the shower let alone a family of 6.

This morning Dh went to home depot thinking he was going to purchase a new hot water heater since we couldn't find the receipt to this one. He talked to the manager and the manager told him to bring in the old one and he would issue a store credit for a new one even without the receipt and box! :eyepoppin YIPPEE! I thought I was gonna be out another $400 on a new one.

Kudos to home depot as they didn't have to do this! :)

Thats Great they did that! Iv'e always liked Home Depot!

FYI : Incase anyone ever has problems with a hot water heater .

Hot water heaters have mfg. dates as part of the serial number. Thats how they track of the tank for warranty purposes. No receipt would be needed for repair or replacement. If the store won't take care of it then usually there is a 1-800 number on the tank itself to contact the manufacturer. Use a black marker and write the install date on the tank itself so you remember when the warranty started.

There Is Never A Problem With A Home Depot, Lowes, Or Even A Sears Water Heater. They All Have A 4 Digit Code In The Serial Number Such As Gg50m1107aaa456. This Is An Electric 50 Gallon Medium Height Tank That Was Made In 11 Of 07. The Model Number Will Have The Length Of The Warranty Like 06, 09 Or 12. That Is The Years. Very Seldom Do You Need The Receipt Unless It Is Sears Because Sears Succckkkkkksssss!!!

Thats Great they did that! Iv'e always liked Home Depot!

FYI : Incase anyone ever has problems with a hot water heater .

Hot water heaters have mfg. dates as part of the serial number. Thats how they track of the tank for warranty purposes. No receipt would be needed for repair or replacement. If the store won't take care of it then usually there is a 1-800 number on the tank itself to contact the manufacturer. Use a black marker and write the install date on the tank itself so you remember when the warranty started.

good info and advise, thanks!