friend asked me not to get her kids gifts need advice.

lisamag

it's not thread jacking. i think it goes right along with what i asked. i'm sorry you feel like, i can understand, thats why i asked for advice and i got a lot of help. i know how i would feel when people would bring gifts for the kids and i would have to tell them i would get them something later but i still felt bad. have you tried telling them how it makes you feel when they give the gifts and you can't give to theirs? this is why i asked for help. i didn't want to make my friend feel bad, christmas is suppose to be a joy not a burden and i dont want to add to anyones stress.

We have tried and tried to no avail. We have tried to suggest the pick a name out of hat thing since the family is so large. You would think we suggest to put the in-laws in a nursing home the reaction was so bad. We have tried not going to the family Christmas party, they come over here with gifts. We have tried explaining it to them, nope, no good either. I am not looking forward to tomorrow.

We have tried and tried to no avail. We have tried to suggest the pick a name out of hat thing since the family is so large. You would think we suggest to put the in-laws in a nursing home the reaction was so bad. We have tried not going to the family Christmas party, they come over here with gifts. We have tried explaining it to them, nope, no good either. I am not looking forward to tomorrow.

maybe next yr you could give some donations to a food drive or toys for tots and give out cards saying that something was given in their name. this way you can give to your family with our breaking your pocket or hurting your pride.

Guest macedon1001

Give her the gifts and tell her about GottaDeal. Tell her not to feel bad because they were a steal and that you wouldn't be able to buy kids for other people's kids if it wasn't for GottaDeal alerts and that she shouldn't feel bad because you didn't spend a lot even though it looks like you did...

I'm sure she would love to know about GottaDeal.