Anyone else excited about day after Christmas sales?

onecutemoocow

A few things to watch out for from a former Target employee. Here's a brief list of things that aren't necessarily Christmasy but are marked down anyway:

paper towel

plastic wrap

ziploc/glad storage containers

candles, room sprays, decospheres, etc.

soap

candy (you'll be surprised what you can find mixed in with the regular candy.. the Christmas candy has snowflakes on the bags)

perfume/cologne sets (last year, i found a ton of perfume/cologne sets mixed in with the regular perfumes/colognes)

toys (there's always christmas toys that will be found in the toy department)

clothing

boxed gifts (these will be in red boxes)

side cap things (side caps are displays located in the actual aisle... sometimes they forget to move them to the clearance section)

Be sure to scan anything that interests you because you may be surprised at what you find.

A few things to watch out for from a former Target employee. Here's a brief list of things that aren't necessarily Christmasy but are marked down anyway:

paper towel

plastic wrap

ziploc/glad storage containers

candles, room sprays, decospheres, etc.

soap

candy (you'll be surprised what you can find mixed in with the regular candy.. the Christmas candy has snowflakes on the bags)

perfume/cologne sets (last year, i found a ton of perfume/cologne sets mixed in with the regular perfumes/colognes)

toys (there's always christmas toys that will be found in the toy department)

clothing

boxed gifts (these will be in red boxes)

side cap things (side caps are displays located in the actual aisle... sometimes they forget to move them to the clearance section)

Be sure to scan anything that interests you because you may be surprised at what you find.

Thanks sooo much!! I will have to keep an eye out!

I am going out to do Target for the "must haves" and the paper towels and ziplocs and stuff like that. I actually have to get wrapping paper after Christmas for next year. I didn't have to buy any for the past 3 years and finally my supply is dwindling down. I will hold out for 75% on Saturday for that. There is usually a TON of wrapping paper left at Target anyway.

I will then, probably hit Walmart and Kohls.

If I am brave enough, I might go to the mall too, and look for some clothes with my gift cards I was holding since my birthday in November. Also have to get a few more gifts for our family get together next weekend. My neice loves Williams Sonoma so I'll go there and get some of the ornaments at 50% off.

This is the first year in a long time I have to work the day after--- so I'm not sure I'll be shopping at all that day. Though we did Christmas w/ my family yesterday and ds already has $150.00 in gift cards and 2 more families to go (my husband's and his own dad's family) so I'm sure he'll be itching to go out when I get home from work to shop.

Love the day after Christmas sales and this year we are just doing Santa on Christmas and doing family christmas when my hubby gets home end of January from his 6 month deployment so I am gonna get some excellent deals this year. My family isnt even coming to celebrate Christmas until Feb so I am saving big time hitting the after Christmas sales

Most Hallmark stores go 50% off after Xmas but if you're going 1st thing in the AM be ready to rumble! The mob is a bit on the crazy side for the ornaments. There's one near me that does only 40% but they are the exception.

lexyreyes72

Walgreen's sells Hallmark wrapping paper. They had some rolls buy 1 get 1 half off today.

w1df10wr

Thank you! I'll be at Hallmark when they open, the one near me still has ton's of Christmas stuff including the ornaments.

I didn't even think about Walgreens. I will check there for paper too!

Thank you! Happy Holidays!