Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Hasbro.com I HATE YOU

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
562 replies to this topic

#121 heatherkw  OFFLINE  

heatherkw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:07 am

:gdangry4:CRAP!

#122 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:12 am

Hold the phone, after writing that I rechecked the fed-ex tracking...and it said that Butterscotch has LEFT the Lewisberry plant!!!! Not exactly what the fed-ex person told me would happen at 7:15am! So i called again, lol. This lady told me that Butterscotch is in route to Exton (which is 30min from me!), but has not arrived there yet. She did not think that it would be delivered to me today...BUT I HAVE HOPE, Harrisburg and Exton are only about 1 1/2-2hrs apart. How could it be soooooo close and not work out? on Christmas eve? So i'll keep checking to see when it scans in at Exton and call again! They will want to deliver this horse just to get rid of me :) I told her i'd run over and get it, but she said i wouldn't be allowed :(

#123 scrapwave  OFFLINE  

scrapwave

Hasn't begun procrastinating!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:15 am

oh my gosh...I am sooo sorry for you that you've had to deal with this whole horrible ordeal. :( I can only imagine the emotional toll it's taken on you. I would continue to call Hasbro and make them offer some sort of compensation. It doesn't replace Christmas morning...but they owe you something for all the problems....even if you have to threaten a lawsuit to get them to make it right...I certainly feel that they owe you big time for the trouble!! I hope you are able to find one somewhere today!! Maybe all us GDers should bombard Hasbro with emails telling them how appalled we all are at the way they treat their customers!!!

#124 heatherkw  OFFLINE  

heatherkw

• 1,073 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:17 am

I have been running it on different store sites and it says limited availability in Westminster,MD at TARGET!

#125 scrapwave  OFFLINE  

scrapwave

Hasn't begun procrastinating!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:18 am

Hold the phone, after writing that I rechecked the fed-ex tracking...and it said that Butterscotch has LEFT the Lewisberry plant!!!! Not exactly what the fed-ex person told me would happen at 7:15am! So i called again, lol. This lady told me that Butterscotch is in route to Exton (which is 30min from me!), but has not arrived there yet. She did not think that it would be delivered to me today...BUT I HAVE HOPE, Harrisburg and Exton are only about 1 1/2-2hrs apart. How could it be soooooo close and not work out? on Christmas eve? So i'll keep checking to see when it scans in at Exton and call again! They will want to deliver this horse just to get rid of me :) I told her i'd run over and get it, but she said i wouldn't be allowed :(

Call Hasbro and INSIST they call Fed-Ex and INSIST that it be delivered today or that you at least be allowed to go get it! And I would call Fed-Ex again and again and get someone to agree to let you pick it up if they won't deliver today! Good luck!!! But still keep harrassing Hasbro until they do something to make things right!!

#126 heatherkw  OFFLINE  

heatherkw

• 1,073 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:21 am

Call Hasbro and INSIST they call Fed-Ex and INSIST that it be delivered today or that you at least be allowed to go get it! And I would call Fed-Ex again and again and get someone to agree to let you pick it up if they won't deliver today! Good luck!!! But still keep harrassing Hasbro until they do something to make things right!!

I agree!

#127 bettyn100  OFFLINE  

bettyn100

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:21 am

Crossing fingers and toes for ya!

#128 Kandy  OFFLINE  

Kandy

• 6,073 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:29 am

can it be picked up?

#129 blessedmamax7  OFFLINE  

blessedmamax7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:33 am

I'd call every half hour!!!! You know the story...The squeaky wheel gets the grease! Still praying...I'm off to find a set of play dishes...What was I thinking. My little girl is getting a kitchen set but I forgot to get dishes to go with it!!! Been to three stores...no luck!

#130 theboyzmom  OFFLINE  

theboyzmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:33 am

there has GOT to be a way! I'm going to be obsessed with this thread and hoping for a happy ending...

#131 awilson261  OFFLINE  

awilson261

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:40 am

Katiesmom I know this is a long shot. I looked online at Target. the Target in Oaks says limited availablility. Maybe you would get lucky. I am calling my target now. I live in South Jersey. Just in case. Keep Us posted. Hope Fedex comes thru.

#132 tdanette  OFFLINE  

tdanette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:40 am

Why in the world won't they let you pick it up????? You can show ID so they know it's going to the right person. I'm praying there's a happy resolution here.

#133 tntsmomie  OFFLINE  

tntsmomie

Every Day is a New Beginning

• 1,219 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:45 am

Oh goodness! Lots has happened since I went to bed! :eyepoppin Fingers are crossed that it's delievered today! BUT, if it isn't, you've definitely gotten enough advice to have a plan ready to welcome Butterscotch on Wednesday. Keep your head up and think positively. I'm really hoping this turns out to be a Christmas miracle for your DD. And oh yes, I'd be calling Hasbro quite angry....sounds to me like Fed-Ex did a better job than they have. What a shame, especially when your purchase was a pricey one.... Keep us updated! I'll most certainly be doing a happy dance once she arrives!! :)

#134 awilson261  OFFLINE  

awilson261

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:47 am

No Butterscotch at Mayslanding NJ Target. They had some yesterday. All Gone.I thought I might be able to drive it half way if they had one. If I can I will try to call a few other stores. Let it be known Target customer Service was very nice.(unlike those who work for Hasbro) I will be glued to this thread until we know the fate of Butterscotch.

#135 fulfam  OFFLINE  

fulfam

• 1,566 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 8:49 am

I hope they get it to you!! I live about 5 minutes from exton. If I could pick it up for you and bring it to you I would.

#136 awilson261  OFFLINE  

awilson261

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 10:10 am

any updates?

#137 JeniB78  OFFLINE  

JeniB78

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 10:19 am

Wow~ So much news in the last 10 hours! I too am very attached to this story! I really hope that it gets there! Its sooo darn close! Anyhoo, Keep us updated, and I will keep my fingers crossed! Here, butterscotch! Here, butterscotch! Go get your new owner katie~~

#138 tokanm  OFFLINE  

tokanm

Mary-Ellen

• 5,137 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 10:49 am

Wow I want to so go there and beat them up for you;) I work less than 4 miles from their headquarters in pawtucket RI....it is in a wicked scummy area too! The only cool thing they have are the larger than life Mr and Mrs Potato Heads on the grounds of the facility. I hope you get the pony today....I can go there and picket out in front and let customers know they may be treated!! The factory is located on a major road (4 lanes) I could really embarass them :eek: Good Luck

#139 fierymyst  OFFLINE  

fierymyst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 12:31 pm

Fingers crossed for Butterscotch!!

#140 alimfp  OFFLINE  

alimfp

Meow.

• 5,626 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 12:54 pm

Most delivery co's don't let you pick up a present mid-shipment (to answer another poster wondering why). I think it's an insurance thing mainly but also because they are paid to ship it to you, and if you pick it up.. it may piss off the company having it delivered? Just guessing with that one though. I HOPE you get it today. Goodness, it's moving - that's great news!!! :D

#141 lindabacker  OFFLINE  

lindabacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 1:24 pm

any news yet???? Fingers crossed for u!

#142 tntsmomie  OFFLINE  

tntsmomie

• 1,219 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 1:42 pm

I keep checking back, too! My eyes are glued waiting some news. Sending LOTS of well wishes!

#143 me2  OFFLINE  

me2

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 86 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 1:43 pm

Butterscotch is famous. My fingers are crossed and I'm following the thread with everyone else. Hasbro is a dog if Butterscotch doesn't make it by this evening.

#144 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 2:18 pm

*sigh* we finally went out to finish some shopping and just got home, so first thing i did was check the tracking...no change! UGH! I really was hoping that it would not only say "arrived and departed from Exton" but that it would say "out for delivery"...i've got nothing. Worst part is that we were at the mall and my daughter was saying how she was sure Santa would bring it and she was really looking forward to playing with her horsey all day tomorrow :eek: I didn't know what to say, so i didnt say anything. I had called all the stores i could get through to earlier today and no-one had any :no: The only bright light here is that I ordered her 2 Wii games through ebay late in the week last week, not expecting them until later this week...BOTH of the ebay folks involved sent them immediately (same day) and one overnighted it! So we have 2 games for Santa to bring her at least...

#145 BirdFur  OFFLINE  

BirdFur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 2:26 pm

We used to live in Malvern and I'd take my daughter to the Exton Mall.

Last year I raved about Butterscotch to a friend who has a 4 yr old niece that's a horse lover. (honestly, I wished my 21 yr old was 6 again so I could get it for her :) ) She then went and looked around for the cheapest price and got one at Costco. Have you tried the ones in your area? Here's a list of phone numbers and addresses in PA:

http://www.priceview...nnsylvania.html

This thread has started to remind me of the movie "Midnight Run".... ;)

#146 tntsmomie  OFFLINE  

tntsmomie

• 1,219 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 2:29 pm

What a bummer!! Don't get down....this definitely isn't the end to Christmas. Get her excited -- let her know Butterscotch is coming, she's just been delayed.

#147 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 2:38 pm

Just off the phone with fed-ex again...truck is still in "transit" which i couldn't understand seeing as it left early this morning and it's only going 1 1/2 hrs!!! She said even if it gets to Exton tonight they wont sort it. No way of my picking it up (i even offered to meet the transit truck). This really kills me because Hasbro kept assuring me it would be here for Christmas...and I believed them! Last week I still could've tracked down a horse and even shipped it from another company overnight (or rented something to bring it home myself). But today? no...everyone is sold out. I cannot believe this is happening. I cannot believe that Hasbro, a TOY company would knowingly (and Im not throwing that around, they KNEW it wouldn't be here in time!) deny a 6 year old her wish from Santa. I'm disgusted.

#148 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 2:40 pm

Just off the phone with fed-ex again...truck is still in "transit" which i couldn't understand seeing as it left early this morning and it's only going 1 1/2 hrs!!! She said even if it gets to Exton tonight they wont sort it. No way of my picking it up (i even offered to meet the transit truck). This really kills me because Hasbro kept assuring me it would be here for Christmas...and I believed them! Last week I still could've tracked down a horse and even shipped it from another company overnight (or rented something to bring it home myself). But today? no...everyone is sold out. I cannot believe this is happening. I cannot believe that Hasbro, a TOY company would knowingly (and Im not throwing that around, they KNEW it wouldn't be here in time!) deny a 6 year old her wish from Santa. I'm disgusted.

Stupid question, but have you asked Fed Ex if they are delivering at all on Christmas day?

Next question, what if you offered one of the workers some $$$ for getting the horse off the truck and bringing it to you in their parking lot or even driving it to you, of course reimbursing them generously for the gas and time. Just an idea, and I don't know if you can afford that, but thought I would mention it.

#149 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 2:41 pm

Stupid question, but have you asked Fed Ex if they are delivering at all on Christmas day?

Next question, what if you offered one of the workers some $$$ for getting the horse off the truck and bringing it to you in their parking lot or even driving it to you, of course reimbursing them generously for the gas and time. Just an idea, and I don't know if you can afford that, but thought I would mention it.

They are closed tomorrow, and they wouldnt even entertain the idea of getting it to me.

#150 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 24, 2007 - 2:44 pm

They are closed tomorrow, and they wouldnt even entertain the idea of getting it to me.

Darn!

Btw, you do have my permission to print out my comments on Hasbro.

Since they can't seem to get you the item you ordered in time, and have created so much stress for you (shoot all of us actually, we want her to get her horsey), I will NOT be posting any online hot deals for Hasbro.com. That is their loss completely! Especially being that most deals I post are kid oriented (toys, kids' clothes, etc).

Shoot, you should do an online petition thing and have all of us sign it that want to. And send that with your letter too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users