Guests, please register to remove all of the banner ads on the forums. It's fast, easy and completely free!

Photo

Hasbro.com I HATE YOU

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
562 replies to this topic

#31 friholic  OFFLINE  

friholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 6:32 pm

I am so sorry to hear about your trouble with Hasbro. I hope that the guy you talked to gets it to you by Christmas. I posted about my troubles with Hasbrotoyshop in another thread. So I won't tell the whole story again. But, it took then several weeks to ship my "in stock" items. The ones that said would ship within "1 business day". I kept calling and asking Hasbro where my stuff was, only to be told the w. house. I asked them to cancel, or send my items. They told me that they could do neither because it was already at the w. house. They had my money and my stuff, would not give me a refund and would not actually ship my items either. Their excuse was that they were busy. I understood when Hasbrotoyshop first came online, but that was several years ago. Then for awhile things seemed to ship fast, then again when their Holiday Catalog came out, things went down hill and fast. I agree that if they don't get your Horse to you by Christmas I would be contacting the BBB and file a complaint. They can't take peoples money, for items that are in stock, and not ship them. Hope it works out and you get your Horse.

#32 friholic  OFFLINE  

friholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 6:36 pm

If you can find it at a store, but the boxed item won't fit in your car, can you take it out of the box for the ride home? Fold up the box, then once home, put the box back together and put the horse back in.

#33 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 7:19 pm

i just want to say how great you all are! It really helps to have a support system of people who understand how I feel :gdlove6:. I liked the idea of a letter...i'm thinking i could print out a picture of butterscotch and say in the letter that he wouldn't fit into Santa's sleigh, so Santa is shipping him to her by truck (which would make it easier when it does arrive, so i wouldnt have to hide it coming with her home now) :holiday01...that way she knows it's coming and wont be disappointed that it's not under the tree. I'm still hoping that it will get here in time :crossfing. My plan is to wait until Monday...if they do get it here, great...if not, maybe I will try to pick one up and unbox it to drive it home to put under the tree...then just tell hasbro to shove their pony where the sun doesnt shine (is that wrong?)...i'm pretty sure one of our neighbors would watch my daughter so i could run my secret mission if neccessary.:gdmilitary:

#34 alimfp  OFFLINE  

alimfp

Meow.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,626 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 7:29 pm

Hasbro should just ship a new one overnight and when you receive the one AFTER Christmas, you should just have Fed Ex send it back at Hasbro's expense. For crying out loud, how did they not figure out something similar?! And if you kept both, they'd just charge you for both.. but of course you wouldn't, so what is their freaking problem? Grr. That makes me upset for you. :( Well, see how it all pans out.. I think the letter idea is great.. and after you get the horse, definitely sit down and write a letter. Explain when you ordered, shipping method you chose, when you contacted them, etc. - just a complete timeline and go on to say how upset you were/are, and maybe gently mention how you post online with a LOT of other parents and have given them all a heads up about this terrible service Hasbro has. And yes, I'll join and totally not buy from Hasbro in the future. There's MANY other sites to get toys from. :)

#35 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 7:39 pm

sorry..it's alfred...not albert

and if it comes right down to it...I have his HOME number...

No! No! No!
Do NOT post personal (home) numbers/addresses of ANY person on this website. Do NOT private message it either!

Btw, I know you didn't state you were going to post it, but what I typed needed said.

#36 siczlo  OFFLINE  

siczlo

• 1,337 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 7:41 pm

I'm so sorry. I hope it works out. Keep us posted.

#37 blue_eyed_girli  OFFLINE  

blue_eyed_girli

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 7:45 pm

I teach First Grade. I know how to work a 6 year old crowd. :) I just hope this gets resolved for you. Try not to stress. I know easier said then done.
Martin L. Gore <3

#38 Guest_macedon1001_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_macedon1001_*
  • Member since --

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 9:24 pm

I feel so bad for you. Recently had a similar situation with another online order that reported would not be delivered until after Christmas. I expect it to be resolved for us and I can't believe that Hasbro will not expedite this shipment. Obviously the package will make several passes through the Fed Ex warehouses. Hasbro can certainly upgrade shipping on this anytime they want. I can't believe a toy company can't appreciate the value of getting it to you in time for Christmas. I also love the Santa letter idea, very special. But then again, I'm glad you have someone at Hasbro trying to fix this.

#39 tazolover  OFFLINE  

tazolover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 446 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 9:41 pm

I am so sorry for your ordeal. I truly hope that you have received a call from Management by now and that Butterscotch is in your daughter's arms on Christmas day.

#40 nat1jen  OFFLINE  

nat1jen

• 1,679 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 10:22 pm

I am so sorry that you have had such a tough time with Hasbro. It is so frustrating to continually get wrong or incorrect information when you gave them plenty of time to get the horse to you. It really does sound like the one man is trying to help you. Even if it all works out, I would be writing some very critical letters to Hasbro executives. There is no need for anyone to be so cold and unhelpful when it is due to the company's lack of skill or follow-up. When did they charge your credit card? I love the idea of the letter from Santa. I know it's not the ideal solution, but it is a way out of the mess. Let us know what happens. You are a good mom!!! Lu

#41 mom2twoblessings  OFFLINE  

mom2twoblessings

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 10:41 pm

I had to unpack the box also when I bought one at TRU. It's in 2 pieces.

#42 theboyzmom  OFFLINE  

theboyzmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 4:45 am

please make sure you post an update...we are all pulling for you! Butterscotch is the ONLY thing my ds asked for too, so I KNOW the anxiety of trying to get it and yup, print out the posts about all of us who are not happy with how Hasbro has handled this and will boycott, add me to that list....

#43 Kayakmom  OFFLINE  

Kayakmom

• 3,325 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 4:49 am

I haven't been able to respond the couple of times I've read this thread because I was feeding the baby (too hard to type!) but I wanted you to know that I think you're exactly right to be upset about this. I would be flippin mad! I guess I'm spoiled by Amazon and the other good e-tailers out there, but this is just rediculous. I sure hope your horsey comes in time. I do like the note idea. I think my 6 year old might fall for it, lol. However, it would be nicer if they came through with what they sold you! If you don't get it in time, you can add me on the list of people who will never shop there. The fact of the matter is that we have many places we can spend our money and there's no need to do business with a company that does not value customer service. I'm glad you were able to find one guy who at least cares and is trying. As the others have said, please do keep us updated.

#44 tntsmomie  OFFLINE  

tntsmomie

Every Day is a New Beginning

• 1,219 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 7:37 am

Oh wow! My heart goes out to you!! My DD is almost 5, so I can understand about the BIG Santa gift...and Butterscotch is DEFINITELY a BIG gift! The gentleman you spoke to sounds really understanding, and customer service reps like that are hard to come by nowadays. I hope they pull through for you! Please keep us updated!! The letter from Santa is a terrific idea should she not arrive in time. You might even be able to find one of the accessory packs for her, and tuck the letter in that?? Best wishes!!

#45 w1df10wr  OFFLINE  

w1df10wr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 8:11 am

I could understand a day or two in shipping delay if it was a weekend or bad weather prevented them from getting the item out to ship. Saying they shipped it when they didn't... is horrible. I hope it comes by Christmas.

#46 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 8:35 am

No updates for you guys yet...still waiting to hear from someone in management! TNTsMOMMIE: I love the idea of tucking the letter in the accessory pack! I got one from Walmart.com when they were only $12.88 (delivered in like 3 days by the way)...so I will definately do that if it comes down to it. And if I have everyone's permission, I will print out the thread and send it with my letter to the Hasbro higher ups.

#47 mom2maddynsky27  OFFLINE  

mom2maddynsky27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 8:56 am

still hopping for you!!! add me to the boycott hasbro list if you don't get it in time.

#48 Guest_macedon1001_*  OFFLINE  

Guest_macedon1001_*
  • Member since --

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 9:00 am

You have my permission to send my post to Hasbro. I am disgusted with the way they handled this!!!

#49 notatenanine  OFFLINE  

notatenanine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 9:29 am

If you don't have the horse by Christmas Eve, I would write a letter to your daughter from Santa explaining the delay. You could tell her that he knows she's been extra good and has a special surprise ONLY for her. Tell her that she was selected to receive an after Christmas present. Tell her that this is sooo super secret that no one knows about it because only ONE girl/boy in the entire world is selected. I'd really play up how good she's been and tell her that she has to keep it a secret. You could totally build it up for her in the letter. You can tell her that the super secret surprise gift will come in the next week.That should buy you time until the present if delivered.

I am soooooooo sorry that you had to endure this nightmare.

I know someone who did something similar. The letter explained that there were high winds over (enter country) and her present fell out. But Santa had dispatched a special elf recovery team and that they were delivering it to her ASAP.

#50 mommyx3  OFFLINE  

mommyx3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 10:10 am

Personally, I would do the letter thing and explain that her present is so big that it wouldn't fit in the sleigh and he had to ship it Fed Ex. In the mean time, Santa wanted to leave her a smaller present for Christmas (Perhaps pick her up a $20 toy or something?). This way she still has something from Santa, and then she gets the excitement of watching for the FedEx truck as well.

#51 mommyx3  OFFLINE  

mommyx3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 10:12 am

Oh yeah, I also forgot. I totally agree with including a link to this thread to see how there TERRIBLE service shows. I know I would have a hard time ordering anything whatsoever from a company who has this sort of mentality.

#52 guilliam  OFFLINE  

guilliam

• 2,110 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 11:03 am

If they do not make sure you have the horse for Christmas, add me to the boycott list!! And they got a LOT of my money this year! I will NOT shop with a company who doesn't care about their customers! I bet they wouldn't like to wait for their money! They got it right away! But they don't care if a little girl is heart broken on Christmas because of thier lack of ability to fulfill an order in a timely fashion! Also, I would file a complaint with the BBB if it doesn't arrive! Feel free to print my post, because they should know that this order doen't just affect you shopping with them in the future, but also others!

#53 BoulderChick  OFFLINE  

BoulderChick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 371 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 11:06 am

Also see if you can print out the main page that lists all of the threads in "Deal Discussion" so they can see that over that the "I HATE HASBRO" Thread has been viewed more than 1,000 times. That is a lot of bad PR

#54 tntsmomie  OFFLINE  

tntsmomie

Every Day is a New Beginning

• 1,219 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 11:49 am

No updates for you guys yet...still waiting to hear from someone in management! TNTsMOMMIE: I love the idea of tucking the letter in the accessory pack! I got one from Walmart.com when they were only $12.88 (delivered in like 3 days by the way)...so I will definately do that if it comes down to it. And if I have everyone's permission, I will print out the thread and send it with my letter to the Hasbro higher ups.

(I just had to come back to check you!)

Oh yay! As much as I dislike Walmart, the time I ordered from them (well over a year ago), it arrived SUPER quickly.
We did place a Christmas order with Hasbro.com and it arrived slower than I expected. I even called them about it and customer service wasn't very helpful. At least I was able to understand the rep though.

Think positively and keep your head up! You definitely have my permission to print the post. We shell out enough money to these companies throughout the year that we deserve MUCH better customer service than what you've received. Heck, with as much LPS stuff that I've bought, I really should own stock in the company! :)

Keep us posted!

#55 christyshular  OFFLINE  

christyshular

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 146 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 12:43 pm

I keep coming and checking for updates!! I am so upset for you. :gdcry: I hope your Butterscotch arrives safely and before Christmas!!! :gd_soapbo I will not be ordering from Hasbro. :no:
:elmo: Best of Luck!!!

Please keep us posted!

#56 savvybuys  OFFLINE  

savvybuys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 12:59 pm

I am sorry to hear about this...Christmas is so stressful...I dont know where you live...But if your in Souther Cali I would be happy to give you my butterscotch....I also purchased him for my DD 6...from Hasbro...But she has so much other stuff, she wouldnt miss it.....I would give it up to ya....I hope you get it worked out...

#57 theboyzmom  OFFLINE  

theboyzmom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 1:53 pm

you have my permission to print my posts... I just typed a letter for a friend of mine who got her dd a special gift for Christmas but it won't be here until the end of the week...this what I wrote (just part of it...) Santa has been watching you and is very pleased with what a good girl you are. You have done your chores and helped with your little brother and done very good at school. You have been such a good girl that I wanted to give you an extra special gift, so I had one of my most important elves working on it. He worked so hard that he fell asleep and forgot to put it on my sleigh to bring to you tonight. So I am having my elf send it to you in the mail right away, keep watching and I'll keep watching you! Love, Santa

#58 blessedmamax7  OFFLINE  

blessedmamax7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 143 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 3:28 pm

Add me to the boycott list and with 7 kids they will miss my money! This is unexcuseable! I wished you lived here in Texas. H.E.B. has this pony on sale for $198. I was there this morning and they had quite a few! I keep hoping and praying you get it.

#59 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 3:37 pm

I am sorry to hear about this...Christmas is so stressful...I dont know where you live...But if your in Souther Cali I would be happy to give you my butterscotch....I also purchased him for my DD 6...from Hasbro...But she has so much other stuff, she wouldnt miss it.....I would give it up to ya....I hope you get it worked out...

I appreciate the thought, but i would never allow someone to do that for us! Still very sweet to say though. :yup: Everyone of you has been super great, which has really warmed my heart. thank you...i will keep you guys posted if anything happens.

#60 JeniB78  OFFLINE  

JeniB78

• PipPipPipPip
  • 6 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 22, 2007 - 4:17 pm

This is my first post on here. I have been checking your site for a while now. I just had to reply to this one! I cant believe that HASBRO is the grinch of christmas! They of many buisnesses need to do whatever it takes to get you your butterscotch. Good luck, I hope it come soon. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users