Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Hasbro.com I HATE YOU

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
562 replies to this topic

#541 jw109  OFFLINE  

jw109

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 9:52 am

Looks that way to me...

Me too

#542 fierymyst  OFFLINE  

fierymyst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 10:27 am

they should call with a sincere apology, a promise to change things within their company, and a credit to my card for the horse (with an apology for not making things right a long time ago)...I think then i'd be happy.

And what is wrong with expecting an apology? My gosh, this should be a given and things that we ALL should expect. Some people are certainly getting harsh here. Don't you think maybe you all could lay off the OP and instead follow this thread to a resolution or don't bother to read it.

An apology is what is given when someone makes a mistake, it makes the person who was wronged have a peace of mind and it is only what is right.

Please stay on topic and leave the personal attacks and judgements out.

#543 blogue  OFFLINE  

blogue

Just Becky from Kansas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 69 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 10:32 am

And what is wrong with expecting an apology? My gosh, this should be a given and things that we ALL should expect. Some people are certainly getting harsh here. Don't you think maybe you all could lay off the OP and instead follow this thread to a resolution or don't bother to read it.

An apology is what is given when someone makes a mistake, it makes the person who was wronged have a peace of mind and it is only what is right.

Please stay on topic and leave the personal attacks and judgements out.

:gdpoint:

#544 friholic  OFFLINE  

friholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 10:53 am

So, the only thing that will make you happy is an apology and the horse free? Just asking...

Even if they offered Katiesmom the horse for free at this point, it still wouldn't CHANGE my opinion about Hasbrotoyshop.com. They have showed that they have super poor CS, unreliable emails about shipments, and a long wait time after supposedly in stock items have been purchased for them to ship. It's not a Fedex problem, it's a Hasbrotoyshop.com problem. As I have mentioned many times, my items where suppose to ship via Priority Mail and they messed that up also.

I WILL not buy from Hasbrotoyshop.com until they can show that they have made sweeping changes to their ordering/shipping process. I have placed many orders will Hasbrotoyshop.com and until recently they were doing a good job. But, I will not spend my money with a company that at first didn't care about this situation with Butters. and Katiesmom. Further, they don't care even after having been told of the problems, this thread and people calling to remove their names from their mailing list, have done a darn thing about it. Ok, other than offering a "token" discount of $50.

Hasbrotoyshop.com doesn't even, STILL, want to admit there is a problem with their process of handling orders. Can't speak for Katiesmom, but even if she did post that they gave her a full refund, I would not stop telling people about the shipping problems that I have had with Hasbro. And mind you I live 45 min. away from where the items I buy are shipped from.

I mean I have just addressed their shipping problems, misinformation in emails. I don't even want to tell you how many times I tried to order a qty of 2 of the same LPS item. I would go through type in the information and not until I was ready to pay would I get a message saying "you have exceeded your quanity of 1". I understand that they don't want people placing orders for 50 of them, but you can't order 2? Further it should state that at the order screen, or when you first go to checkout, but the system waits until you go to pay. CRAZY! When this happened the first time, I called CS. Their solution, just place a 2nd order. Ok, because that makes sense. :eyepoppin You won't let me order more than 1 on the same order, but if I place a 2nd order on the same day within minutes, pay with the same CC, and have them shipped to the same address it's ok? Where is the logic in that? :cheesy:

#545 mysticmage  OFFLINE  

mysticmage

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 1:07 pm

I'm not! That's why the thread is still alive. If your not interested, don't read on.

This is also my first post on this topic, but have read EVERYDAY to see how it is going. I am following with much concern. Hope everything works out to the best for you.

It's nice to know that we can all be a support at a time like this when it all goes wrong. Great to be able to inform others so we will know what we may encounter.

Give Katie a hug from me and my kids.

:gdhug1:

Same with me, best luck and I will keep looking at this thread to see how it turns out.

I'm glad you and your DD had a great Christmas :)
MysticMage

#546 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 1:21 pm

wow, so I checked my planet feedback letter and saw 3 responses from someone who was apparently banned from this thread...very negative comments about gottadeal.com and those who have posted on my thread. I made sure to reply so that others would not believe what she stated, but I don't want that letter to become a way for her to attack me. Also wanted to mention that I have yet to see the $50 credit to my account...i'm curious if i ever will. She's also written Hasbro a letter on there commending them for how well they handled my issue!!! wow...that just blew me away.

#547 afrey66  OFFLINE  

afrey66

Whitey Tightie Fancy Pants

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 1:30 pm

wow, so I checked my planet feedback letter and saw 3 responses from someone who was apparently banned from this thread...very negative comments about gottadeal.com and those who have posted on my thread. I made sure to reply so that others would not believe what she stated, but I don't want that letter to become a way for her to attack me. Also wanted to mention that I have yet to see the $50 credit to my account...i'm curious if i ever will.

I wouldn't take anything personally. I learned a long time ago that oftentimes it's easy for someone to write negative statements while they are hiding behind their computer. They are just words from an anonymous person.

Not everyone will agree on here about this topic or others but people don't need to be nasty either.

#548 scrabbler  OFFLINE  

scrabbler

Just Me

• 2,742 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 1:38 pm

wow, so I checked my planet feedback letter and saw 3 responses from someone who was apparently banned from this thread...very negative comments about gottadeal.com and those who have posted on my thread. I made sure to reply so that others would not believe what she stated, but I don't want that letter to become a way for her to attack me. Also wanted to mention that I have yet to see the $50 credit to my account...i'm curious if i ever will.

I never believe everything I read on the internet. Could it be perhaps that someone is not completely truthful about the ban or deleting of posts? Or perhaps exaggerating? Just a thought.

Just deal with Hasbro and find a resolution you are happy with. I personally would leave the rest of it alone. The internet can be a major PITA.

#549 friholic  OFFLINE  

friholic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 1:54 pm

She's also written Hasbro a letter on there commending them for how well they handled my issue!!! wow...that just blew me away.

Wow! Yes, please don't take it personal. They were made as they couldn't follow the rules of this discussion board. So they took their toys and went to another sandbox that would let them in.

Well, all I hope is that if that poster orders from Hasbrotoyshop.com that they get their order to them when promised. :) Considering they feel that the resolution and handling of the situation was "comendable". Good luck to them.

#550 fierymyst  OFFLINE  

fierymyst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 3:25 pm

She's also written Hasbro a letter on there commending them for how well they handled my issue!!! wow...that just blew me away.

that amazes me also, I of course posted my two cents!

#551 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,730 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 5:32 pm

I have been following this thread but haven't had much to say on it until now that is...lol First I want to say that I certainly believe that Hasbro.com has major issues and I will not order from them until they are straithened...if ever, I will remember this thread. Hasbro.com although they have many issues tried to help the situation by giving the free toys and $50.00 to katiesmommie but because the one person who did apologize did so only after katiesmommie had pointed out that she had proof of their mistake...that she wants an apology, them to fix their shipping issues and $300.00 for the horse. I disagree that the cost of the horse should be refunded but do think that I would find a phone number or address to corporate offices and name of the CEO let him know about the issue and leave it at that. In my opinion there is not going to be any satisfaction to this issue because even if katiesmommie did get all that she is asking for she will never, with good reason, order from them again...maybe this is where hasbro.com is coming from why try to fix it for someone who is never going to do business with them again? JMO

#552 hwolf6330  OFFLINE  

hwolf6330

• 2,436 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 5:33 pm

Phew! This is the first time I saw this thread and it took a long time to read it. I agree that $50 is not enough to be compensated for all of your troubles and undue stress at Christmas because of their mix-up. I had a situation last Spring with a company in my area dealing with a pool liner and a new skimmer basket for my pool. First they gave me the wrong basket, saying it would work anyway. Second, when I had a bout 15 people at my house to help put a liner in my pool, it had a hole. Of course I bought the last one and they couldn't replace it. I had no choice to patch it and put it in because I had water to be delivered the next day. I called and e-mailed the company and all I got offered was $25 for my trouble. I wrote back and said that was not acceptable, because it didn't even cover the gas it cost me to return the wrong basket and a trip to the store for the patches to fix the liner. My nerves were a wreck after that whole ordeal and I can totally understand what you went through. I would call them and tell them you are not satisfied with their offer and tell them what you want. If they say no ask for someone higher up. Good Luck!

#553 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 5:40 pm

I have been following this thread but haven't had much to say on it until now that is...lol

First I want to say that I certainly believe that Hasbro.com has major issues and I will not order from them until they are straithened...if ever, I will remember this thread.

Hasbro.com although they have many issues tried to help the situation by giving the free toys and $50.00 to katiesmommie but because the one person who did apologize did so only after katiesmommie had pointed out that she had proof of their mistake...that she wants an apology, them to fix their shipping issues and $300.00 for the horse.

I disagree that the cost of the horse should be refunded but do think that I would find a phone number or address to corporate offices and name of the CEO let him know about the issue and leave it at that. In my opinion there is not going to be any satisfaction to this issue because even if katiesmommie did get all that she is asking for she will never, with good reason, order from them again...maybe this is where hasbro.com is coming from why try to fix it for someone who is never going to do business with them again? JMO

Thing is that if the consumer affairs person had gone above and beyond what I expected, I might've shopped there again...because it would show that corporate cared about making sure I was happy. And lets be serious here people...it's Hasbro for Heaven's sake...is the cost of my order going to hurt them? no. Has it hurt them not to fix their mistake in a timely and appropriate manner? yes...both in my future business and many others on here as well. By the way...I LOVE your Lucy icon!!!:yup:

#554 tntsmomie  OFFLINE  

tntsmomie

Every Day is a New Beginning

• 1,219 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 5:41 pm

why try to fix it for someone who is never going to do business with them again? JMO

That's a good question!
I like to think of it this way:

Years ago, when I worked in retail, our #1 shop rule was to be as nice as possible. It wasn't hard for us b/c we had a great group of gals working in the shop. One thing that really helped us out was "Treat a customer right, they may spread the word about how great you are, but you keep them as a customer. But treat them poorly and you not only lose their business, but the business of the other umpteen people they would tell."
It's not often that positive feedback is passed on (though I admit that I LOVE to share positive experiences with everyone!), but really...the times that my experiences aren't up to par, I definitely share that with friends/family.

By showing what a poor customer service policy they have, Hasbro's online site has lost quite a few customers. If they had handled this situation correctly, they probably wouldn't have lost as many.

What's that old saying? You win more flys with honey than you do with salt?

#555 DramaQueenLucy  OFFLINE  

DramaQueenLucy

• 5,730 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 6:03 pm

Thing is that if the consumer affairs person had gone above and beyond what I expected, I might've shopped there again...because it would show that corporate cared about making sure I was happy. And lets be serious here people...it's Hasbro for Heaven's sake...is the cost of my order going to hurt them? no. Has it hurt them not to fix their mistake in a timely and appropriate manner? yes...both in my future business and many others on here as well. By the way...I LOVE your Lucy icon!!!:yup:

Lucy is my girl...yeah...lol
I do understand what your saying about the consumer affair person...I once had an order from amazon.com that was "lost" in their warehouse it was my kids big gifts from Santa and they went above and beyond to get me that stuff by Christmas. This is one of the reasons that I love amazon. I totally agree with that it isn't only your business that they have lost but many people the frequent this site including mine. IMO I think that hasbro should give you some kind of a gift card maybe $100.00 but just don't think that a full refund is in order here...like I said this is just my opinion.

By showing what a poor customer service policy they have, Hasbro's online site has lost quite a few customers. If they had handled this situation correctly, they probably wouldn't have lost as many.

What's that old saying? You win more flys with honey than you do with salt?

ITA with this they have lost me as a customer and order a lot at easter time..they should have tried to fix this right away now it is to little too late!

#556 EMColeman1  OFFLINE  

EMColeman1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 6:11 pm

just got off the phone with Hasbro. They claim that Fed-ex picked it up on the 13th, and just didnt ship it until yesterday. Fed-ex told me earlier (like a week ago), that hasbro printed the shipping slip on the 13th, but didnt actually give them the horse yet...today they told me that they got the horse yesterday to ship. I told them to figure it out immediately. Hasbro said they will call Fed-ex to see if the horse can be sped up to be here by Christmas (but i'm doubtful, since i asked fed-ex that and they said it wouldnt be possible since it has already shipped ground)..he said something about crediting me $21 for something or another (not sure what), and hasbro picking up the overnighting cost...but that's only if it can be done...i'll keep you guys posted.

Did you ever find out what the $21 credit was for???

#557 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 6:45 pm

Did you ever find out what the $21 credit was for???

lol, yeah the consumer affairs person saw that and asked me about it and I told her I had no idea what that was about...she couldn't really figure it out either...

#558 booga12345  OFFLINE  

booga12345

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 7:17 pm

I have been following this thread since the beginning and have not posted until now. While I disagree that the full $300 should be refunded I respect katiesmom's decision to fight for what she believes in. If she feels that is what is in order who are we to judge her for that? Each and everyone of us has opinions that others do not or will not always agree with. I see both sides of this discussion getting disrespectful towards the other and that is not necessary. As for the people that have asked that this thread be closed, if you don't want to read it don't open it.

#559 trob67  OFFLINE  

trob67

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 7:56 pm

Jan-03-2008 FurReal Friends Butterscotch Pony for $62.49 reg. price $249.99. ASIN: B000F2JZKO DPCI: 086-08-1229 This was found at Target for anyone that still wants one for their kids. It is listed on the first page of perimeter perusing at target by gator pam.

#560 fierymyst  OFFLINE  

fierymyst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 147 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 7:59 pm

Jan-03-2008
FurReal Friends Butterscotch Pony for $62.49 reg. price $249.99. ASIN: B000F2JZKO DPCI: 086-08-1229

This was found at Target for anyone that still wants one for their kids. It is listed on the first page of perimeter perusing at target by gator pam.

:eyepoppin:eek::gdwow::eyepoppin:eek:

#561 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 8:20 pm

Jan-03-2008
FurReal Friends Butterscotch Pony for $62.49 reg. price $249.99. ASIN: B000F2JZKO DPCI: 086-08-1229

This was found at Target for anyone that still wants one for their kids. It is listed on the first page of perimeter perusing at target by gator pam.

oh jeez...:eek:

#562 nat1jen  OFFLINE  

nat1jen

• 1,679 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 8:22 pm

That's just unbelievable. You got nothing but incorrect answers from Hasbro, and someone sends a letter to them about how well they handled your issue? It sounds to me like someone really needs a hobby because they have way too much time on their hands.

Keep fighting, Kaitiesmommy. It's not about the money. It's the nervewracking hassle that you endured as you lived moment to moment trying to figure out if your daughter would get the beloved Butterscotch by Christmas. If Hasbro would have admitted that they made a huge mistake before Christmas, it would have saved you so much time and suffering. But they didn't. They strung you along and made promises that were not fulfilled by never calling Fed Ex to expedite things for you. How much time and energy did you utilize in tracking Butterscotch through Fed Ex and Hasbro? Why were you able to get answers from Fed Ex when Hasbro seemed to have no answers or incorrect ones? It makes me mad just thinking about it. No one was willing to do their job that they were paid for (being in customer service), so you had to suffer. That is wrong. Why does Hasbro even hire customer service people if they aren't going to do anything other than giving false shipping info? How big is their customer service area? I think I need a job there because it sounds like you don't have to do much!

Thank you. I have now gotten off my soapbox.

#563 Scott  OFFLINE  

Scott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,002 Posts
  • Member since 2004

Posted Jan 6, 2008 - 8:33 pm

Unfortunately, this thread has gone well beyond its intended purpose and has caused other issues for posters as well as GottaDeal. It has become a lot of work for moderators of GottaDeal to keep this thread civil. Personal attacks have been deleted numerous times even after warning that the thread should remain on topic. As such, I am currently closing this thread. Please do not start any threads asking why it was closed or attempting to continue the discussion. --Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users