Guests: Please register to get rid of these annoying ads! Registered members enjoy an ad-free forum.

Photo

Hasbro.com I HATE YOU

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
562 replies to this topic

#1 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 11:58 am

I just got off the phone with Fed-Ex to try to find out where my daughter's Butterscotch horse is (ordered it on the 11th of Dec!). They tell me that Hasbro just shipped it YESTERDAY and by ground shipping so we won't get it until the 26th at the earliest!!! OMG. This is my daughter's present from Santa. She's been asking for it for a year now...and i think lots of you guys know what i've gone through to find it and ship it (wont fit in my car). What am I going to do now??? I actually started crying when she told me...I called Hasbro 3 times over the past 2 weeks asking...and was reassured each time that it had shipped and was on its way and i would get it yesterday or today. Someone give me some advise on what the hell i do now. :slapcry:

#2 childofsolitude  OFFLINE  

childofsolitude

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 228 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 12:07 pm

First of all, I'm so, so sorry this has happened to you. How long does ground shipping usually take? Did you pay for shipping or did you get it free? If you paid for shipping and it hasn't arrived in the time stated on the Hasbro website, I'd call Hasbro and demand they overnight another one to you at their expense. If the item was in stock when you ordered it, I don't see why it took that many days to ship it. Please keep us updated.

#3 nikkilugi  OFFLINE  

nikkilugi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 12:10 pm

Well the only idea I have is that you could try and find someone with a large enough vehicle and go buy one and then when yours gets delivered you will need to borrow their car again to return it with your receipt from the store. I know that really bites though especially with such a big ticket and large item. You could always try and call Hasbro again today and raise a fit and see if they can ship another overnight since they screwed up - call and demand to talk to a manager. Or call Fed Ex and see how much it would cost and if it is even possible to get the package overnighted for Monday delivery. Sorry this happened to you - I agree that totally blows. Hasbro is totally wrong and you need to call and talk to a supervisor.

#4 erinplus3  OFFLINE  

erinplus3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 574 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 12:15 pm

I'd call Hasbro and demand they overnight another one to you at their expense.

YES, I totally agree. I am sooooo sorry this happened to you. :( I hope they fix this ASAP. Keep us posted.

#5 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 12:15 pm

just got off the phone with Hasbro. They claim that Fed-ex picked it up on the 13th, and just didnt ship it until yesterday. Fed-ex told me earlier (like a week ago), that hasbro printed the shipping slip on the 13th, but didnt actually give them the horse yet...today they told me that they got the horse yesterday to ship. I told them to figure it out immediately. Hasbro said they will call Fed-ex to see if the horse can be sped up to be here by Christmas (but i'm doubtful, since i asked fed-ex that and they said it wouldnt be possible since it has already shipped ground)..he said something about crediting me $21 for something or another (not sure what), and hasbro picking up the overnighting cost...but that's only if it can be done...i'll keep you guys posted.

#6 shopping mom  OFFLINE  

shopping mom

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 12:20 pm

Oh I hope they work this out for you. Please post later so we know.

#7 christib327  OFFLINE  

christib327

• 2,913 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 12:22 pm

Oh My Goodness. I would have cried too. This isn't acceptable. I'd definately call back and try to talk to a supervisor. Why on earth did they ship YESTERDAY!?!?! Did they have any explanation for that at all? Not that any reason really matters, but did she give you one? We must have been typing at the same time :) I really hope they can get it worked out for you!

#8 eweston1227  OFFLINE  

eweston1227

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 12:26 pm

sign me up for a hasbro boycott if they don't sort this out for you :gdangry4:

#9 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 12:34 pm

When you do talk to them next, make sure you get NAMES of these employees. Ask to only speak with Supervisors, as they truly do have the best 'pull' in situations like this. Why couldn't Hasbro overnight ship you another horse, and then have the one that is going ground sent back to them? I wish you the best. and please keep us updated.

#10 blue_eyed_girli  OFFLINE  

blue_eyed_girli

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 1:05 pm

If you don't have the horse by Christmas Eve, I would write a letter to your daughter from Santa explaining the delay. You could tell her that he knows she's been extra good and has a special surprise ONLY for her. Tell her that she was selected to receive an after Christmas present. Tell her that this is sooo super secret that no one knows about it because only ONE girl/boy in the entire world is selected. I'd really play up how good she's been and tell her that she has to keep it a secret. You could totally build it up for her in the letter. You can tell her that the super secret surprise gift will come in the next week.That should buy you time until the present if delivered. I am soooooooo sorry that you had to endure this nightmare.
Martin L. Gore <3

#11 tdanette  OFFLINE  

tdanette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 1:10 pm

If you don't have the horse by Christmas Eve, I would write a letter to your daughter from Santa explaining the delay. You could tell her that he knows she's been extra good and has a special surprise ONLY for her. Tell her that she was selected to receive an after Christmas present. Tell her that this is sooo super secret that no one knows about it because only ONE girl/boy in the entire world is selected. I'd really play up how good she's been and tell her that she has to keep it a secret. You could totally build it up for her in the letter. You can tell her that the super secret surprise gift will come in the next week.That should buy you time until the present if delivered.

I am soooooooo sorry that you had to endure this nightmare.

That's a very good idea! :yup:

But I would also get on the phone and try to get overnight shipping. This is crazy :no:

#12 noehlp  OFFLINE  

noehlp

• 22,820 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 1:11 pm

If you don't have the horse by Christmas Eve, I would write a letter to your daughter from Santa explaining the delay. You could tell her that he knows she's been extra good and has a special surprise ONLY for her. Tell her that she was selected to receive an after Christmas present. Tell her that this is sooo super secret that no one knows about it because only ONE girl/boy in the entire world is selected. I'd really play up how good she's been and tell her that she has to keep it a secret. You could totally build it up for her in the letter. You can tell her that the super secret surprise gift will come in the next week.That should buy you time until the present if delivered.

I am soooooooo sorry that you had to endure this nightmare.

This is a VERY good idea! I love it!

#13 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 1:48 pm

still no phone call from hasbro...i'm calling them AGAIN right now (it's been almost 2 hrs since they said they'd call "right back")...should've gotten his name...damn.

#14 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 2:19 pm

I am shaking I am so upset right now. I spoke with Hasbro again...they wouldnt let me speak to a supervisor! Tried to tell me that they shipped the horse on the 13th and Fed-ex messed up, i went and looked at the tracking information from fed-ex which clearly showed that they didnt get the horse until the 20th (yesterday) to ship..and hasbro was like "oh" I heard the man talking to the supervisor (he didnt put me on hold, just put the phone down) and the supervisor was like "tell her that maybe it will come before Christmas, have hope" then the man asked to credit me the horse for free and she said "no, not a $300 horse...if she doesn't get it until after christmas tell her that she can return it for a refund" :mad: I was livid when i heard this exchange and when he got back on the phone i demanded to know her name and talk with her, he claimed he didnt know her name and that he didnt know where she had gone! I got his name and the information to write hasbro a mean letter about all this. They are telling me to HOPE that the horse comes before Christmas! That they messed up my order in the warehouse (no apology by the way) and that this is the way it is, that they don't overnight ship anything. I am so upset...i dont know what to do.

#15 mom2maddynsky27  OFFLINE  

mom2maddynsky27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 2:32 pm

personally i would call back again and try talking to someone else. i would tell that I would not be satisfied until I had another horse overnighted or my money refunded. see if you can get someone else that maybe nice and do it or someone may let you speak to a supervisior. sending you ((hugs)) too.

#16 lindabacker  OFFLINE  

lindabacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 2:33 pm

That is awful, I am so sorry!

#17 pryan67  OFFLINE  

pryan67

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 2:42 pm

call up the corporate offices...just the main number...and ask to speak to Albert Verrecchia's office (he's the CEO)...explain to them in detail everything that's happened, and let them know that you need one overnighted for Monday early AM delivery....at their expense...and that you'll send the other one back...at their expense...after the holidays... should they choose NOT to do that...file a BBB complaint, file a complaint with your AG and theirs, as well as the FTC also call Brian Goldner;s office (COO), also call David Hargreaves (EVP and CFO)

#18 katiesmommy01  OFFLINE  

katiesmommy01

Southeastern PA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 967 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 2:43 pm

So i'm sobbing right now...this has really upset me. While i was on the phone call i posted just now the first guy from Hasbro called me back and left a message...so i just called him back. He has been super nice and told me that he's been on the phone for the past 2 hrs trying to get me this horse and then pulled in the management. He promised i'd have the horse by Christmas and that management was going to call me. He said he took this seriously because his child wanted this horse last year, so he knows how important this is for us...so now it's his project. I told him about the other conversation/supervisor and he said he would do something about that supervisor right away. So now i'll wait to hear from management. thanks for all your encouragement...it seems silly to be upset about a toy horse...but it's all she asked Santa for and I just wanted to give her that HUGE silly Santa gift...she's only 6 once.

#19 pryan67  OFFLINE  

pryan67

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 2:43 pm

oh...here's the phone number for corporate (401) 725-8697

#20 pryan67  OFFLINE  

pryan67

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 989 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 2:47 pm

sorry..it's alfred...not albert

#21 happygirl326  OFFLINE  

happygirl326

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 66 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 2:57 pm

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through this ordeal. Getting ready for the holidays is stressful enough, and this wasn't even a last minute purchase. I am faithly that everything will work out in the end. I am sending positive thoughts and vibes your way. *hug* Please keep us posted. I am looking forward to hearing the happy ending.

#22 fairydustcrissy  OFFLINE  

fairydustcrissy

Christmas in Halloweentown!

• 4,960 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 3:57 pm

Wow, I **REALLY** hope it gets to you in time. I have 3 kids, I know what you are going through! We went thru the same with an amazon package a couple of years ago!

#23 mom2monkiesx3  OFFLINE  

mom2monkiesx3

D Y K Drill Baby drill?

• 6,902 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 4:32 pm

I am so sorry I hope your DD gets her horse, I actually teared up reading this, yes I am a bit overemotional but I have a DD that is 6 also .... Add me to the HATE HASBRO list if they don't figure something out for you! They could at least stop the shipment and call a retailer to credit one for you! (Hopefully you could find a way to pick it up!!) Good luck and keep us posted!

#24 mom2maddynsky27  OFFLINE  

mom2maddynsky27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 4:44 pm

So i'm sobbing right now...this has really upset me. While i was on the phone call i posted just now the first guy from Hasbro called me back and left a message...so i just called him back. He has been super nice and told me that he's been on the phone for the past 2 hrs trying to get me this horse and then pulled in the management. He promised i'd have the horse by Christmas and that management was going to call me. He said he took this seriously because his child wanted this horse last year, so he knows how important this is for us...so now it's his project. I told him about the other conversation/supervisor and he said he would do something about that supervisor right away. So now i'll wait to hear from management. thanks for all your encouragement...it seems silly to be upset about a toy horse...but it's all she asked Santa for and I just wanted to give her that HUGE silly Santa gift...she's only 6 once.

oh i got my fingers crossed for you! that guy sounds really nice. and i think all of us parents can totally understand you wanting something for your child. good luck!!!! kee[ us posted!

#25 bettyn100  OFFLINE  

bettyn100

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 Posts
  • Member since 2007

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 5:17 pm

Oh my! I'm sooo sorry hon. I wish there was some way I could help ya out. If you were anywhere near me I would volunteer my Dh truck to pick you up one. I do hope that it gets there in time. {{{hugs}}}

#26 tjarena  OFFLINE  

tjarena

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 5:45 pm

I feel awful for you too. If Hasbro doesn't help you I would make a copy of these posts and send it to them so they can see what bad publicity they are getting. I would be cautious about ordering from them again!

#27 jdrd90  OFFLINE  

jdrd90

• 1,516 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 6:12 pm

sorry..it's alfred...not albert

and if it comes right down to it...I have his HOME number...

LOL love the way you think!!!!!!
I Believe

#28 trbarginhunter  OFFLINE  

trbarginhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 6:20 pm

Hmmm. trying to think outside the box here...could you buy it at a local retailer, unbox it in the parking lot and fit it in the car that way. Santa could "tie" the pony to the tree with some ribbon or something....that way you won't need the box. Either that, or do the letter from Santa. Santa brought DD a letter about a ski trip and she loved it...but she was older. Keep us posted, I'm happy to help boycott, email, whatever. This is so crazy!

#29 trbarginhunter  OFFLINE  

trbarginhunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 Posts
  • Member since 2006

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 6:24 pm

I just mentioned your situation to DH, he reminded me that you can rent a truck at Home Depot or Lowes for $20 for an hour (he thinks it's an hour or two). Maybe that would help you get one home. I know it doesn't solve the Hasbro problem, but if it gets the pony under the tree, fight with them after Christmas. And let them pay for the truck rental, etc....

#30 awilson261  OFFLINE  

awilson261

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 Posts
  • Member since 2005

Posted Dec 21, 2007 - 6:25 pm

I will gladly join the I hate hasbro.com club.Not only for the horrible things they are doing to you but they messed up my order also.My order was minor compare to yours. I ordered a Sponge Bob Game of Life and they shipped me a Simpsons game of Life. I called for them to ship me the correct game. The girl was totally nasty, and would not let me speak to a supervisor. After asking over and over for a supervisor, She got back on the phone and finally credited my CC the money. In my case it was not a main Santa gift so I just paid more at a store. I feel so sorry for you. I cried too while reading the post. What part of the country are you in? Do any of the stores around you have a butterscotch in stock. Could you hire someone to pick it up? Hope the nice guy, who called back, from Hasbro come through and helps you. Good Luck! Hopefully someone at Hasbro has a heart. If Butterscotch does not come, the letter idea is a really wonderful idea. My daughter is 7 and I think she would go for that, as long as there were other things to open on xmas. SHe might even enjoy it more because of the expectation of what the big special gift will be. hope all turns out ok. Keep us posted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users