a gottadeal Christmas

suddenly_1976

well with us...my boys will be getting 8 wrapped presents and approx 10 items (cologne, misc. small trinket toys etc.) in their stockings. ds16 has a 369 dollar class ring that has to be paid off by feb 10....so no gameing systems this year. :( he understood and said he would rather have the ring. we got him things like an alienware backpack, an ipod docking radio thingy, weights..etc. and for ds18 a barney guitar, magnadoodle, a snazzy radio/cd player, dinosaurs, etc........thank goodness for amazon! :):)

well i was finished at 17 for each of my kids. BUT then i looked ino the amazon toy thread, boy was that a mistake lol and now i'm afraid to count the toys. from what it looks like on my list my son14 has 26 and my dd6 has 28. but he has more in his stocking then she does so it evens out.

I just finished wrapping all that stuff today and my kids each have 18 to open and then we are leaving the guitar hero and the kitchen set that we got unwrapped in front of the tree! Plus they will have their stocking OVER filled with goodies! and my ds4 asked me if santa was going to come to the dogs so we have somethings for the dogs stocking and they can open that too!

I feel much better about my "overindulgence" now. I am going to have a 12 gift max and put the rest up for b-days, Easter...what can I say I'm addicted to deals and I am addicted to my kids so deals for the kids is too much for me to resist

lol, about Santa coming for the dogs, my puppy is getting 3 stuffed animals and chew toys and his favorite treats...lol

I'm scared to count. Before Amazon I only had 3 for my daughter. And I was scared that I wouldn't be able to get her anything fun (the original 3 were clothes), but thanks to the Amazon thread..... Well. The tree is very full.

I even have about 5 gifts for my godson, and normally I only get him 2 (1 big 1 little).

I hope every year will be this easy on my wallet!

I feel like I've gone overboard at six each for my kids. Plus one from their sibling (I paid for It so I'm counting it), plus one toy each from santa. So 8 total toys each.

My two are the only grandkids anyone actually see's on either side (brother's fiance has two but they live with their dad and we rarely ever see them). My kids normally get some much from grandparents and aunts and uncles that I try to keep their gifts to one fun/toy and the rest practical gifts like sleepers, shoes, ect. However, I didn't do very well on that this year.

My DS4 got pajamas, read and write leap pad, leap pad books, glow in the dark stars, movie - night at the museum, and a puzzle. Little sister got him the Thomas the train aquarium cars. Santa got him transformers.

My DD18months got pajamas, little leap pad, leap pad books, blocks, movie - shreck the third, and another pair of jammies. Big brother got her a winnie the pooh bath toy. Santa got her the little people bus.

The one I probably went the most overboard with is hubby. He was only supposed to get one gift from me but so far he has a headset, the Monty Python movie set, a beer making kit, a root beer making kit and I am trying to decide if I can get him the hard drive he wants or not. Santa is getting us a programmable thermastat.

Of course there will be an excess of gifts under the tree! How could there not be if you found Amazon?

I try to take it easy on the toys because our kids get tons from family.

I planned to get just 1 toy each for our 3 kids.

Then I decided that they should each get 1 from the sibs, together.

Then I decided that it would be nice for each of them to buy for each of the others.

But the 1-year-old decided that his sister(2) needed a bottle & cup set to go with that doll.

And the Diego set to go with the Dora horse truck for his sister(4) - what's a truck without a driver?

Well, you see where this is going!

You all understand, right?

So in our house its 3 real gifts each, a box full of movies, books, and little leaps games to share, whatever little things Santa puts in the stockings (overflowing this year) and some other "gifts" to open - P.J.s, socks, underwear, shoes, toothbrushes, things I would have bought them anyways.

I'm dying to buy them new clothes, they are dressing like little bums lately. Pickin's are gettin' real slim in their drawers - holes, stains, too-small socks that pop right off. But I'm being good for now and holding out for the grandma's presents. I get this feeling I'll be hitting Kohl's clearance the week after Christmas, bring on the returns!

P.S. A couple days ago I went over our list to check it twice. Realized that DD4 had a few holes to fill "from her sibs". Went on Amazon, put about 8 things I knew she would love in my shopping cart, and asked my husband to help me choose. I wanted him to feel involved so I made it easy for him. He is NOT a shopper, even has me buy gifts for his family (out of town, we have no clue!). He looked at what I chose and said "You weren't thinking of gettting the kids TOYS...Were you?" Oh boy, I thought he knew me better than that! I mean, we have kids and it is Christmas time. Why wouldn't I be looking at toys? How has he not seen the toys hiding in our closet, garage, laundy room? He has a surprise coming on Christmas morning! Hopefully it won't be too much of a shock, lol.

P.P.S Most of the Amazon goodies are being hid for later in the year. I just can't give the kids that much at once.

This is my first gottadeal Christmas. I have really enjoyed it. I was able to find some of the best things....Disney discounts, free Amazon, Best Buy and Dale and Thomas GCs. I even found something for my nephew who has everything. He didn't have a Tony Hawk Helmet cam.

Thanks everybody for the great posts and all of the money saving!

@ 12... BUT as far as they will SEE they will See under the tree 1 gift to each of them, and 2 joint gifts.

Everything else is in one big box invidually wrapped but to each of them and numbered. I think I have They have 10 each in the box, plus 3 joint gifts (movies). They are 14 and 12.

Its going to FUNNY! (boy am I mean or what?)