Aren't you supposed to save money by shopping early?

booga12345

This is the first year that I started my shopping so early (July), but I'm not sure if it was worth it on my checkbook. I have probably spent twice what I did last year and went somewhat overboard on presents. I saw so many good deals between then and now that people who should have only gotten only 1 gift now have 3 or 4. I have kept a list of who I have already bought for, but I just keep adding on, and on, and on. :cheesy:

i did the same thing. i noticed better deals this month then i did through the year. unless it's a REALLY good deal i think next yr i'll wait to shop and just put the money in the saving. the only thing i'll buy early will be video games when they have the B1G1 half deals. i agree with jarerice put some on the side for birthdays or give some to toys drives or nursing homes, they always need stuff. i gave to the toy drive. i had my dd6 give the bag to the lady at school so she learns to give to others.

I know what you mean.

I feel like when I start early, then I still have a month to "see more".

BUT---If we just completely wait, then we are just getting more of what we "need to buy".

I never thought about it that way, until you posted...but I bet I've probably spent more this year because of that for "shopping early".

I used to shop early but, like others, ended up with a mountain 'o crap. Now I start in November watching for especially hot deals. I actually only shopped a few times in person and the rest came from Amazon over the last couple weeks. I was also able to get something for a lot more people because of the great deals and I had control and did not completely overload my kids... but there's still time left, lol. I need to get baking and stay AWAY from that Amazon thread. :cheesy: