I think I let my son down for Christmas

aerosmithgirl

I need some opinions. I won the Doritos Xbox 360 Elite package on 10/15 and I just knew it would be here before Christmas. The system came w/10 games, 1 year Xbox live and 3200 MS points. I just got a letter today saying they are back-ordered and the shipping date is 1/16/08. I am upset because this is what he was wanting. I talked to him this evening, he is 15, and explained to him that it was coming and that he had 10 games as well, but he wouldn't get until mid-January. I got him an extra controller and had won 3 other games, so I don't know what else I could get to make him feel better. I also won a Wii for my daughter, she's 11, and she will be getting other stuff. Anything on what I could do to make him feel better? I thought about printing the game titles out and wrapping those up for him.

Printing the game titles are a good idea.

How about getting a game for the Wii that he would choose and make sure your daughter understands that she needs to give him some "screen time" till his Xbox arrives.

Great idea!! I hadn't thought of that!! Thanks!

It's not your fault that they're going to be a little late. At 15, I think he should be able to have a little patience, even though it sucks. :)

I think he will have the patience, I just hate that he will not have much to open for Christmas. Although if I wrap the game titles up, he will.

WOW! I'd just like to know how you won an Xbox 360 and a Wii!! That's great!

LOL I know, id be happy if I won one ... but two... lucky:D... we have the Wii, and hubby is already complaning about space...hee hee;) we have 3 other game systems hooked up as well... X360 would add to the mess...LOL

WOW! I'd just like to know how you won an Xbox 360 and a Wii!! That's great!

I'm saying the contests were rigged!!!!!!

j/k!!

Congrats on winning the contests and I understand that these circumstances come up, but come on....she won it in October and it's on backorder for two whole months. I'd be so pissed that they'd be giving me another year of X-Box live and another 10 titles by the time I was done with them!!!

Don't worry about letting your son down. You have it coming and also got hosed in the process. It's not your fault, not to mention he has other gifts to open. I love the idea of getting him a Wii game as well. He can always trade it in for a fresh set of batteries when the X-Box comes.

Wow.. First off congrats on winning both systems. Thats great! :)

I know what you mean about him not having anything fun to open.. I'd

feel the same way you do if I were in that situation.

Is he into sports? Maybe a little handheld game he can play?

(I do like Marcster's idea with getting him a Wii game too)

Congrats on the win. My son would KILL for the 360! I won 2 PSP systems and games from the KFC IWG. My nephew is getting one w/ game and my son got the other.

I would print out a pic of the system you won plus pics of the games. That way he know whats hes getting on christmas morning! At least its coming though. haha

Congrat's. I know it's a tough situation. My son will be 15 next month. I had a "talk" w/ him too last night. The amount of gifts he's getting this year is 1/3 of normal. He understands, though he is getting the things he really wanted. It's just they are so expensive and we had to cut back this year.